View Poll Results: Who needs to perform better

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Isaiah Thomas

5 29.41%
  • Kyrie Irving

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who's under more pressure to perform in 2017-18?

Simple as that. IT/Irving. Who's got to perform more in 2017-18 season?

PROCESSING

Irving I think. He wanted to be the man, now he gets the opportunity to lead an actually very good team. I think he disappoints, but regardless, the pressure is on him.

Thomas is coming off an injury, and is clearly playing 2-3rd fiddle.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

IT, contract year and he has to prove to people that he isn't a by-product of Brad Stevens system. Boston moving
    him has to make you wonder.

TBH though, I don't think either guys are fazed by the pressure, both guys want the ball and the big moments. I like Kyrie better just because of his size and his proven ability to perform in the playoffs consistently.

Kyrie going to be MVP candidate as the main guy.

Both. Both are different. Kyrie has to prove he is ready to lead his own team.
    Meanwhile IT is under pressure to preform because this is his contract year. He is talented guy, but this is probably his last chance at a huge pay day and he has to come off of a major injury to get it.

If i had to pick one, I would lean towards IT. I believe KI will do good in Boston. The worst thing you can do is call him a choke artist.

PAPI SMASH!

I think it's easily Irving.

I think the pressure is off IT from being the guy and sole sparkplug of the offense (sorry C's fans, you guys were bad without him) to being a part of an offense with 2 other guys that can fill it up when needed.

Meanwhile Kyrie gets what he wants. He's on a team where he can be the guy, has to lead them, and be the face of the franchise. If Kyrie doesn't do that, I think it's a bit of a failure for him.

When in doubt the pressure is always on the guy taking a bigger role over a smaller role.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think it's easily Irving.

I think the pressure is off IT from being the guy and sole sparkplug of the offense (sorry C's fans, you guys were bad without him) to being a part of an offense with 2 other guys that can fill it up when needed.

Meanwhile Kyrie gets what he wants. He's on a team where he can be the guy, has to lead them, and be the face of the franchise. If Kyrie doesn't do that, I think it's a bit of a failure for him.

When in doubt the pressure is always on the guy taking a bigger role over a smaller role.
    From a fan's and media's perspective you are right and logical. I'm coming from a point of view of how the individual will respond to their personal situations. I think Thomas has more to lose next season. No one is expecting a ship for Boston in 18. The pressure is on Thomas to perform to get a longer Max, and more loot, his brinks truck comments shows he's after the flow.

Irving's pressure comes from what people he doesn't know will say about him. IT's comes from how much money will go into his pocket next year.

IT has "real world" pressure but Irving's performance will be a bigger talking point.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

LeBron takes all the pressure on his team. Kyrie's solo game will be exposed.

Easily Kyrie.

I think he can put up 30 and 7 as the primary option, but his ability (or inability) to run the PnR is gonna be a MAJOR deciding factor in how the team performs.

Cavs will hopefully be able to maintain and even increase leads with IT on the floor and 'Bron on the bench.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

IT. contract year and he is replacing a guy who was arguably the reason why the Cavs won the title 2 years ago and usually steps up come playoff time.

So I'm the only one who thinks Hayward should be the main guy? He plays like a shooting version of Bron. I feel like Kyrie is in heaven there. He's gonna chuck and win alot of games by default imo. Wish they threw him to NY where he would really have to carry a team

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So I'm the only one who thinks Hayward should be the main guy? He plays like a shooting version of Bron. I feel like Kyrie is in heaven there. He's gonna chuck and win alot of games by default imo. Wish they threw him to NY where he would really have to carry a team
    I think Hayward is BOS's best player too. It will be interesting to see how they mesh. I think he's much more willing to defer than Lebron though. I know Kyrie got more shots than Lebron but with Hayward he'll be a bigger part of the offense over the full 24 second shot clock.

When Lebron dribbles out the clock then sends it out to Kyrie on a kick-out or a bail-out iso with 7 seconds left on the clock that's a shot attempt but not really carrying the offense exactly.

I think with Stevens it should be a much more cohesive ball handling distribution with guys not just alternating shots but actually alternating who runs the offense.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think Hayward is BOS's best player too. It will be interesting to see how they mesh. I think he's much more willing to defer than Lebron though. I know Kyrie got more shots than Lebron but with Hayward he'll be a bigger part of the offense over the full 24 second shot clock.

When Lebron dribbles out the clock then sends it out to Kyrie on a kick-out or a bail-out iso with 7 seconds left on the clock that's a shot attempt but not really carrying the offense exactly.

I think with Stevens it should be a much more cohesive ball handling distribution with guys not just alternating shots but actually alternating who runs the offense.
    Its gonna be magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hayward should be the main guy. Good luck prying it from Irving's hands however.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast