Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    What did I do wrong? I made that post before I created that thread. If you want me to remove it, I will but I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
    it was directed at me. He used your quote to show the reason he went off topic in the thread
    But he may have assumed it was me as we are both Dubs fans so I should take part of the blame

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    But he may have assumed it was me as we are both Dubs fans so I should take part of the blame
    Yea I think he thought it was you as you are a fake dubs fan and will have to change your username after the Raptors win 50.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

Can new accounts not be allowed to start threads or post links for like, 200 posts?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Can new accounts not be allowed to start threads or post links for like, 200 posts?
    They have to have 100 posts to create threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    They have to have 100 posts to create threads.
    Can we vote to up that to 200?

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    The Warriors, like the Spurs before them, and the Lakers and Pistons of the 80s, and the Bulls of the 90s, have demonstrated time and again that effective scouting/smart drafting, mixed with shrewd trades and the occasional free agent signing, can give teams dynasties. What the Warriors did was no different than what the Spurs have done. They just had a bigger free-agent signing than the Spurs (KD over LMA).

The Warriors built a team the way a team is supposed to be built. It's not like the Heat, who cleared all their cap space ad brought in a bunch of hired guns under the cloud of tampering allegations.

I mean... the 76ers have throw the past four seasons into the garbage to get high draft picks, and have had higher picks than the Warriors did while putting together Curry, Klay, Dray, and Barnes, and in the 'process', have only managed to put together a lottery team. Can't blame the Warriors for being good at drafting and creating an ideal landing spot for potential free agents.

Magic/Kareem/Worthy and Bird/McHale/Parish (each with other all-stars) made it clear what it took to win on a consistent basis in the NBA. Teams have been following suit (or trying to) ever since.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Magic/Kareem/Worthy and Bird/McHale/Parish (each with other all-stars) made it clear what it took to win on a consistent basis in the NBA. Teams have been following suit (or trying to) ever since.
    The Bird/McHale/Parish doesn't happen without the Warriors making one of the worst trades in sports history.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Let's be honest. Lebron started it when he formed the big 3 in Miami. How many players got duped out of winning a ring because of it. KD is just following the trend.
    Last edited by Balltime; 09-05-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    Let's be honest. Lebron started it when he formed the big 3 in Miami. How many players got duped out of winning a ring because of it. KD is just following the trend.
    You act as if LeBron's team were huge overwhelming favorites the way the Warriors are and will be. I could go over why you're wrong but I think most of us are able to comprehend the difference.

The Warriors will die out soon, KD will become of the past, and mah boy Lonzo is gonna take over the league!

I HAVE SPOKEN IT INTO EXISTENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Bird/McHale/Parish doesn't happen without the Warriors making one of the worst trades in sports history.
    Yep... the Magic/Kareem/Worthy don't happen without bad trades and broke azz franchises either...

People don't really understand how those teams were assembled... the league was fcuking broke and the big markets had a huge advantage... Those Lakers and Celtics teams success was based on them simply having

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Yep... the Magic/Kareem/Worthy don't happen without bad trades and broke azz franchises either...

People don't really understand how those teams were assembled... the league was fcuking broke and the big markets had a huge advantage... Those Lakers and Celtics teams success was based on them simply having

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Agreed. The 60's and 70's....heck even early 80's were tough financial times for the NBA and most trades happened because ownership needed money more than wins. When you can trade out 1 expensive guy for 5 cheaper ones and you could just get rid of 3-4 of them and save a crap ton of money at the same time it's 100% worth it.

IIRC the NBA didn't have revenue sharing or anything like that at the time. Even now, because of the soft cap and tax levels there's still this unbalanced table where owners that can afford to pay the tax will take on stuff like that then owners with less money.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Agreed. The 60's and 70's....heck even early 80's were tough financial times for the NBA and most trades happened because ownership needed money more than wins. When you can trade out 1 expensive guy for 5 cheaper ones and you could just get rid of 3-4 of them and save a crap ton of money at the same time it's 100% worth it.

IIRC the NBA didn't have revenue sharing or anything like that at the time. Even now, because of the soft cap and tax levels there's still this unbalanced table where owners that can afford to pay the tax will take on stuff like that then owners with less money.
    yep... as a philly fan you know how you got Dr. J .... Nets had to sell him to pay the invasion fee charged by NY

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yep... as a philly fan you know how you got Dr. J .... Nets had to sell him to pay the invasion fee charged by NY
    Oh yea. It was absurd how much stuff like that happened. Played a part into losing wilt too.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Balltime View Post
    LeBron started what?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast