Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Surprise Cuts Thread

Pre-season Week 3 is a big one for determining roster spots, as the first teams usually play the first half, and some veterans are usually cut after Week 3 in order to find them a home on another team before the season starts. Are there going to be any surprise cuts for your team?

For the Redskins, Washington Post reporter Mike Jones believes that off-season FA signing Terrell McClain will be cut before the season starts. McClain signed a huge deal in the off-season for four years, $21 million, and would give the team a $7.25 million dead cap hit.

Carson Wentz

Might be able to get a late round pick for him, but Charcandrick West. We signed Spiller, and he's impressed. Think West might be the odd man out

It's insanely low but Cobb.

Not exactly a surprise but CB Sean Smith. Has struggled most of training camp and last two games. They have tried him at Slot CB and some WLB in pass plays to see if they can see some success and really hasn't shown anything. His entire contract is guaranteed this season but still could be cut.

Never Forget

Nobody really shocking on the Lions as far as I can tell. Maybe Laken Tomlinson just because he has been a waste of a 1st round pick thus far. Tahir Whitehead would be the only other true surprise but I don't see why it would happen, not unless Reeves-Maybin rips it up starting now until the last cut down day.

None of the guys on our team with big contracts are going to be cut. Howie Roseman did some cleaning up in that regard the last two years; we still have quite an amount of dead money. Next year might be the end of Vinny Curry and Mychal Kendricks on the Eagles. They are highly paid 2012 draft picks. Very low chance we trade them this year.

I expect at least 1 jags wr who is cut to be claimed. Right now I'm thinking its rashad Greene.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Oh if u consider cutting bortles a surprise its being floated around.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

As Hunter said for the Raiders CB Sean Smith could go, even though they'd be paying him to sit. LT Donald Penn may wind up on the list as well if he decides not to show.

Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    As Hunter said for the Raiders CB Sean Smith could go, even though they'd be paying him to sit. LT Donald Penn may wind up on the list as well if he decides not to show.
    Why would they cut Penn though? He isn't getting paid if he doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Pre-season Week 3 is a big one for determining roster spots, as the first teams usually play the first half, and some veterans are usually cut after Week 3 in order to find them a home on another team before the season starts. Are there going to be any surprise cuts for your team?

For the Redskins, Washington Post reporter Mike Jones believes that off-season FA signing Terrell McClain will be cut before the season starts. McClain signed a huge deal in the off-season for four years, $21 million, and would give the team a $7.25 million dead cap hit.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Dallas if they cut him. Why do they want to cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    McClain signed a huge deal in the off-season for four years, $21 million, and would give the team a $7.25 million dead cap hit.
    That's how the Redskins operate. Of course, McClain getting cut hasn't happened yet.

For the Steelers one of Sammie Coats, Justin Hunter, or DHB will be cut...and I fully expect the one that is will be picked up fast.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    For the Steelers one of Sammie Coats, Justin Hunter, or DHB will be cut...and I fully expect the one that is will be picked up fast.
    Coates maybe but the other two you signed to cheap free agent contracts so that alone tells you their job prospects weren't that great.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast