Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Training Camp/Preseason Rookie Update

How are your rookies looking so far this year?

For the Redskins, Samaje Perine had a great second game, rushing 8 times for 45 yards and catching one pass for 29 yards. Fabian Moreau, though starting TC on the PUP list and only playing in one game, has drawn rave reviews from Josh Norman. Sixth round pick, C Chase Rollier, is getting a chance to prove he can start with Spencer Long out for the rest of the pre-season. Rollier is competing with LG Shaun Lauvao for a starting job- if Rollier wins, Long would kick out to LG.

Also, Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson are drawing great reviews from the coaching staff, and with their time at Alabama, are already ahead on their development. Both are pushing for starting roles and could get them.

Mahomes is doing awesome. Hasn't been asked to do too much yet. 17/23 137 yds 3 td's and no int's. He doesn't seem to at all be the project he was thought out to be. I do think it'd benefit him to sit out the year, but if we ever got offered a Bradford like deal for Smith I would jump on it.

Kareem Hunt didn't play much the first game, but looked solid this last game. Wouldn't be surprised for him to get the most carries out of our back this year.

Those are the two I've payed the most attention to. Others have done solid, but probably no major contributors in year 1

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    How are your rookies looking so far this year?

For the Redskins, Samaje Perine had a great second game, rushing 8 times for 45 yards and catching one pass for 29 yards. Fabian Moreau, though starting TC on the PUP list and only playing in one game, has drawn rave reviews from Josh Norman. Sixth round pick, C Chase Rollier, is getting a chance to prove he can start with Spencer Long out for the rest of the pre-season. Rollier is competing with LG Shaun Lauvao for a starting job- if Rollier wins, Long would kick out to LG.

Also, Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson are drawing great reviews from the coaching staff, and with their time at Alabama, are already ahead on their development. Both are pushing for starting roles and could get them.
    I'm still sad were didn't take Perine.

Nothing worth talking about out of GB honestly.

(number is draft position)

14 Derek Barnett: is doing really well. He's already demonstrated that he can consistently get pressure 1-on-1 against average or worse LTs. We have a few of those on our schedule, so I expect him to be effective in those games at least. His outside pass rush / dip move is great and he's basing the rest of his moves off of that; he's improving on those.
    Preseason stats: 6 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 4 QB hits in 59 snaps over 2 games. (50 snaps/game is about average for a DE in our scheme.)

43 Sidney Jones: Obviously still in rehab.

99 Rasul Douglas: Up an down; inconsistent. Probably won't play much this season unless there's an injury. I think our CBs will be... outside starters: Darby, Mills; nickel: Brooks; 1st backup (outside/nickel): Robinson; 2nd backup (outside): Douglas. Jenkins will likely play the slot a bit as well, with two more safeties behind him, which pushes Douglas further down the depth chart.

118 Mack Hollins: should see a good amount of snaps on offense and play on all special teams units. He's half fast, half deceptively fast. Is athletic AND brings his lunchpail. Pretty much catches everything.

132 Donnel Pumphrey: hasn't shown much of anything. His problem is that he didn't play special teams in college. I expect him to be a game day inactive for much of the season.

166 Shelton Gibson: can't catch the ball. Will probably be cut and hopefully he signs onto our practice squad.

184 Nathan Gerry: is switching position from S to LB, which he is making good progress on. His coverage is obviously good, but tackling needs a bit of work. Will probably only play on special teams his first year. He might be our 3rd LB (who plays about 25% of defensive snaps) if we trade Kendricks, but I find that unlikely.

214 Elijah Qualls: Played well in preseason against 2nd/3rd-stringers. I don't think he would be effective against starters much. Questionable if he makes the team.

UDFAs: I'm not expecting any of this year to make the team, but last year's Marcus Johnson and Dillon Gordon very likely will.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 08-23-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    Mahomes is doing awesome. Hasn't been asked to do too much yet. 17/23 137 yds 3 td's and no int's. He doesn't seem to at all be the project he was thought out to be. I do think it'd benefit him to sit out the year, but if we ever got offered a Bradford like deal for Smith I would jump on it.
    I've already commented on this elsewhere, but I don't think anyone questioned his ability to make plays. Reading defenses is what needs work -- he won't be able to do much of that in preseason -- as well as pocket awareness.

Either way, I don't doubt he'll be the Chiefs' starting QB next year.

Fournette looked good then got his foot stepped on. Robinson hasn't been bad at left tackle. Smoot looks like a reach as he isn't providing much pass rush. Westbrook has looked explosive. Brown hasn't looked bad and could be our future wlb(polian never resigned wlbers for money). Myrick hasn't looked great but for a 7th can't complain. Williams has played solidly so he might make it over our other FB.

Keelan Cole has played himself onto the 53 imo.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Bolles looks good and won the starting LT job.

DeMarcus Walker looks alright. Looked really good before they moved him to edge rusher.

Carlos Henderson has kinda struggled.

Jake Butt hasn't played yet obviously.

DeAngelo Henderson might be the best running back on this roster. He's been a stud in practice and preseason. Anderson still the better blocker though.

Isaiah McKenzie is electric. Look for him to be our version of Tyreek Hill... But with much better character.

Machine Gun Kelly hasn't practiced yet.

Overall very strong rookie class as of right now.

1st- Gareon Conley CB- Has been injured. Hasn't practiced in training camp yet.

2nd- Obi Melifonwu S/LB- Has been injured as well. Has participated in some practices though. May play first time this Saturday. They have been lining him up at slot CB, safety and WLB on pass plays. Interested to see how they use him.

3rd-Eddie Vanderdoes- Looked pretty good in training camp and preseason. Eating up double teams. Needs to do better shedding blockers. Should see improvement there with more reps.

4th- David Sharpe T- Got injured in training camp. Didn't play week 1. Practiced and played week 2. Played at LT and had a strong showing with few reps. With Penn back Sharpe is battling for the RT position but could be the longterm starting at LT in the future.

5th-Marquell Lee LB- Has been up and down. Ok is pass protection but just a step behind. Pretty good in run support but needs to do better shedding blockers. Needs time to improve but is likely our week 1 starting MLB.

7th-Shalom Luani S- Luani has played pretty well but against 3rd stringers but has shown great ST skills. That alone will likely earn him a roster spot. There is also a back up safety spot open and Launi has shown enough so far to earn one of those spots.

7th-Jylan Ware T- Very raw. You can see the talent is there but needs to develop. Likely a PS player year 1. Have hopes for him year two though.

7th-Elijah Hood RB- Honestly hasn't shown much. Crowded backfield. Don't see him making the 53 but may earn a PS spot.

7th Treyvon Hester DT- Has stood out in training camp. Had two sacks week 1 of PS. Still needs to develop but likely has earned himself a roster spot and could very well see game day reps early as a rookie.

Never Forget