Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

BREAKING: Kyrie Irving to the Celtics

SportsCenter
    (@SportsCenter)
    Breaking: The Cavs have agreed to deal Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Žižić and 2018 Nets 1st-rounder. (via @GoodmanESPN)

Well, I was clearly wrong about this one.

I was more in favor than most back a few weeks ago... but using that Lakers pick. Only way this makes sense is if we have Irving signed to an extension.

That Lakers pick better come thru.

our big 3 isn't good enough. We could have had the #1 last draft, and maybe two of the top 5 next year....

glad IT is gone...
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I was more in favor than most back a few weeks ago... but using that Lakers pick. Only way this makes sense is if we have Irving signed to an extension.

our big 3 isn't good enough. We could have had the #1 last draft, and maybe two of the top 5 next year....

glad IT is gone...
    He'll opt out when he can and sign a fat extension here. Potential for him to do one of those back door player collusion deals to form a super team as well.

I feel like the Nets could resemble the 2014 Celtics where they went from 25 - 57 to 41 - 41 just by having a bunch of dudes buy in and out-work teams every night, minute by minute.

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post

glad IT is gone...
    x2. Seems like too much for a pretty one-dimensional player. Probably be a different player in Stevens' system.

Losing the Brooklyn pick is definitely the thing that hurts here. If that pick turns into Porter/Ayton, it's really going to sting.

That said, I like it in the short term. Kyrie is flat out better than IT and it opens up playing time for Brown/Tatum.

This is great.

Every team Stevens coaches is "not good enough" at the start of the year...

Way too much to give up...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Horford up in 2 years? Irving/Hayward can attract a pretty nice max FA guy in my opinion. The Big 3 won't win in the short term, but long term they may be the team to beat with Irving/Hayward/max FA/Tatum/brown

Exactly, he is one of the most popular players in the league so he would be able to recruit like a boss.

He better not bring that flat earth theory with him

I don't understand why we gave up so much. Isaiah is close to equal to Irving so i would think Isaiah and Crowder would have been enough

Well now I'm rooting for Brooklyn to make the playoffs. That would make this deal must more satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    I don't understand why we gave up so much. Isaiah is close to equal to Irving so i would think Isaiah and Crowder would have been enough
    its 3 years of Kyrie vs 1 year of IT4, unless you want to max IT4 and pay him 10 million more per year.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

I loved IT but OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We going to the finals!!!!!!
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Kyrie is a top player on the rise. IT probably hit his peak last year. I think we gave up too much, but I also think we got the best player in the deal.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast