Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tom Savage named Texans starting QB

Tom Savage named starter over DeSean Watson.

PROCESSING

Over/under 8.5 games until he is replaced by Watson?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Under.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Over.

PROCESSING

Watson's a proven college winner, and with the way the NFL is now and rules heavily slanted to the offensive side of the ball, I see no reason to let the guy sit. Let him get in there and get to work immediately.

Tom Savage named Texans starting QB

Watson sits a few weeks then becomes starter. The defense is legit and the run game is very solid.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Savage will get hurt by week 3
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Weird choice IMO. He hasn't even done that great in the preseason, mostly short throws and check downs. Watson didn't do well against NE but his upside is clearly much higher and their floors are about the same.

Savage played well in the only regular season game he's started so far, and then he got hurt. One game isn't much to go on, but at least it was a real game and not a pre-season affair against defensive players who's next position will soon be either the drive-thru or the counter.

Deshaun*

Savage is awful, he will last about 6 games.

Savage can never stay healthy, so it's only a matter of time before Watson takes over for good.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I have not seen any of the games for Watson but it sounds like he played decent. I think it would have taken Savage not playing well for Watson to have a shot and Savage has been good. So Savage is deserving of the shot and it'll be a short leash.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Watson's a proven college winner, and with the way the NFL is now and rules heavily slanted to the offensive side of the ball, I see no reason to let the guy sit. Let him get in there and get to work immediately.
    I just don't see how his game would transition well in the pros from the get go and he does have flaws including accuracy but he had a solid offense in college with Mike Williams making a lot of amazing catch, making the QB look great and not the other way around imo. Watson has very good potential but is not ready to start and may never be the elite QB the Texans is hoping for and I would not have taken him THAT high but more like in the 3rd round

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Savage played well in the only regular season game he's started so far, and then he got hurt. One game isn't much to go on, but at least it was a real game and not a pre-season affair against defensive players who's next position will soon be either the drive-thru or the counter.
    Lol true but from that one game I did saw, he had it and I mean the IT factor. He didn't show weaknesses and made smart decisions and you notice his progression of looking at his first and second options, not staring at his intended target, not forcing passes into coverages. He show me so much in that one game but ur right, it's just one game. I expect it continue but we shall see

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast