Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    If I were the Yankees, I would have played the game under protest for the disaster caused by the ineptitude of the umpires. I would have protested Romine's removal for defending himself that led to the loss of the DH, Kahle's removal without warning and Betances removal from a 6-6 game, causing the team to have to bring in its closer in the 7th inning.

Entertaining game other than the fact they lost.

The umpires should be taken out behind the shed and punished good. They handled that terribly. Romine getting ejected was ridiculous. He was defending himself from a thug. To think Sanchez wasn't hit on purpose is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous is thinking Betances hit McCann on purpose. Yeah, we just tied the game, let me hit the leadoff batter. That really makes sense, huh?

I hate to lose Sanchez but he did screw up. Protecting your teammates is one thing, but to come out swinging at players already on the ground is just wrong.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the flare up in the Tigers dugout between Verlander and Martinez. Will they kiss and make up?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    on one hand it was stupid and should have been avoided if the umps do things correctly. On the other side i was very impressed that all the kids who haven't been playing together for very long defending each other the way they did. The one i was really impressed with was Gray who has been with the team 3 weeks came out and full on sprinted to get in the middle of it. This could be the moment that galvanizes this team and puts a serious fire under their *****

Its really ****** timing for Sanchez to get suspended because of how on fire he is. To make it worse from what i read they are going to have to play seriously short handed while these guys are suspended. They need to have Sanchez appeal so he can keep getting ABs while he's so hot and have one of Betances or Kahnle appeal so we won't be incredibly short handed. What really sucks is we have 2 big series coming up with Boston and Cleveland that we really need to be at full strength for. Hopefully getting Castro and Bird back will help.
    Well... MLB is loath to suspend too many at once... they would allow Romine and Sanchez to stagger based on their being the only healthy catchers on the Yankee roster. They've done it before...

That said.. just listening to talk radio.. .I pity these guys.. Grow a set would you... there is no such thing as a sucker punch in a brawl.. .you join the brawl, you go in expecting to hit and get hit... a sucker punch is when you are just walking along minding your own business and someone punches you with no reason... Brawls... fists are flying.. you will get punched.. none are of the sucker variety...

Damn wuss thinking of the left coast.. these wusses in the media.. I can't call them guys.. Guys have balls.. and sorry to say, most of the women I know have more balls than these uses blobs of sterile flesh... Go back home.. you clearly are out of your element..
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If I were the Yankees, I would have played the game under protest for the disaster caused by the ineptitude of the umpires. I would have protested Romine's removal for defending himself that led to the loss of the DH, Kahle's removal without warning and Betances removal from a 6-6 game, causing the team to have to bring in its closer in the 7th inning.
    Wouldn't matter.. Ejections are JUDGEMENT... AKA.. not subject to protest... for any reason.. Sorry to burst your bubble on that...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Entertaining game other than the fact they lost.

The umpires should be taken out behind the shed and punished good. They handled that terribly. Romine getting ejected was ridiculous. He was defending himself from a thug. To think Sanchez wasn't hit on purpose is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous is thinking Betances hit McCann on purpose. Yeah, we just tied the game, let me hit the leadoff batter. That really makes sense, huh?

I hate to lose Sanchez but he did screw up. Protecting your teammates is one thing, but to come out swinging at players already on the ground is just wrong.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the flare up in the Tigers dugout between Verlander and Martinez. Will they kiss and make up?
    Hey, where I come from... if you don't want to get hit.. you stay in the dugout... you join the brawl.. YOU EXPECT TO GET HIT... period!

I can't blame sanchez.. someone just attacked his teammate.. and positional backup...

The umps... well, they found out that no good deed goes unpunished.. and letting the Fulmer thing go without a warning was the good deed.. then to counter with a non-warning (non HBP) ejection on the other side... 2 wrongs don't make a right.. it just makes things twice as bad... which is exactly what happened... They lost control very quickly.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Hearing Miggy got 7 games, Sanchez 4, Romine 2

Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Hearing Miggy got 7 games, Sanchez 4, Romine 2
    All things considered I'll take it. May want Romine to serve immediately and Sanchez to appeal so we have him for Sea and Bos this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    All things considered I'll take it. May want Romine to serve immediately and Sanchez to appeal so we have him for Sea and Bos this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO romine getting 2 gms is BS

but I'm ok with the rest too

sanchez waiting is a tad risky mlb could have his hearing the day before sox series

Miggy claiming judge punched him in the throat lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Miggy claiming judge punched him in the throat lol
    Pretty sure if judge did that miggys head would have snapped in half. **** that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Wouldn't matter.. Ejections are JUDGEMENT... AKA.. not subject to protest... for any reason.. Sorry to burst your bubble on that...
    Get a life.

You still protest to get it on the record and in the umpires minds that they are being unfair to the Yankees. It might have mattered and the umpires might have been less influenced by Ausmus to change their minds in throwing out Betances for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Hey, where I come from... if you don't want to get hit.. you stay in the dugout... you join the brawl.. YOU EXPECT TO GET HIT... period!

I can't blame sanchez.. someone just attacked his teammate.. and positional backup...

The umps... well, they found out that no good deed goes unpunished.. and letting the Fulmer thing go without a warning was the good deed.. then to counter with a non-warning (non HBP) ejection on the other side... 2 wrongs don't make a right.. it just makes things twice as bad... which is exactly what happened... They lost control very quickly.
    I agree with Sanchez wanting to protect his teammate. Plus, let's be fair here. The fact is that Sanchez hit 4 Hrs against the Tigers and had just homered, when he was intentionally hit by the Tigers pitcher. So, he was hit by a pitch and then, Miggy was throwing roundhouse swings at Romine.

As for Miggy, he's a big crybaby. He started the fight, then complains when people hit him. He should get a bigger fine for instigating.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Get a life.

You still protest to get it on the record and in the umpires minds that they are being unfair to the Yankees. It might have mattered and the umpires might have been less influenced by Ausmus to change their minds in throwing out Betances for one thing.
    I work as an umpire... if you protest it.. you get laughed at... all MLB level managers should know that by now...

So you get the life... and read the rulebook.. you would know that... you can only protest something that is a mis-applied rule... well, when you read the rule that gives the umpires the ability to eject, you will find judgement and opinion is all over the place with 1 exception.... arguing balls and strikes is subject to ejection... direct rule...

I know the rule because I live them for 9 months a year (with multiple rulebooks..and in this case.. all are alike)... it's clear.. you don't.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Angel Hernandez is that you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Angel Hernandez is that you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I think he's just like the other blue guy
    #BringBackMatty

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456