Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    HP umpire should be fired right after the game. He caused all this mess. How do you throw out Kahnle without any prior warning? If that was the case Fulmer should've been tossed after hitting Gary cause that was definitely intentional. Then you throw out Romine for defending himself what was he supposed to do ? Let Miggy hit him ? Made us lose our DH completely terrible umpiring. I lost a lot of respect for miggy today wasn't he the one who told one of their pitchers to throw at Ellsbury last series then he wants to cry when he gets thrown at ? What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Well, if Romine and Sanchez are both suspended then the Yankees are going to make 40 man roster moves. So this isn't a good thing by any means. The only other catcher on the 40 man is on the DL. Big problem.

Not ideal making a push to make the playoffs.
    Maybe they can stagger the appeals. Prob their best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    HP umpire should be fired right after the game. He caused all this mess. How do you throw out Kahnle without any prior warning? If that was the case Fulmer should've been tossed after hitting Gary cause that was definitely intentional. Then you throw out Romine for defending himself what was he supposed to do ? Let Miggy hit him ? Made us lose our DH completely terrible umpiring. I lost a lot of respect for miggy today wasn't he the one who told one of their pitchers to throw at Ellsbury last series then he wants to cry when he gets thrown at ? What a loser.
    I'm pretty curious what him and Romine got into about. If you see when he's hit he gives Kahnle a head nod like alright I'm cool with it.

It isn't til they are about to resume play and he comes back he says something, then Romine chirps back wmd then they are off.

Yankees Farm System

So, at the end of the day this is the best case:

Sanchez gets a 5-Game and appeals immediately.
    Betances gets a 5-Game and delays his appeal for a day or two; same with Kahnle.
    Romine gets something, not sure what, just sits for a 1-2 day suspension and appeals after Gary for anything longer.

Lovely timing kids...where was the Club leadership to stop this garbage?

We are in the play-off hunt, this kind of bush-league garbage cannot be allowed.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yea that's the last thing we needed with how hot he has been and a crucial stretch coming up.
    Last thing we need is him breaking his hand on someone's forehead. 5 games sucks but it isn't the end of the world and it's good to see how quickly the young guys into it to back up romine.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by IceHawk-181 View Post
    So, at the end of the day this is the best case:

Sanchez gets a 5-Game and appeals immediately.
    Betances gets a 5-Game and delays his appeal for a day or two; same with Kahnle.
    Romine gets something, not sure what, just sits for a 1-2 day suspension and appeals after Gary for anything longer.

Lovely timing kids...where was the Club leadership to stop this garbage?

We are in the play-off hunt, this kind of bush-league garbage cannot be allowed.
    I'm not mad at all about the young guys defending their teammates. You need guys willing to go to war for each other I now know this team is actually close and they truly care about each other which is a great thing. Thr brawls could've been avoided by handing out warnings when Gary got hit or when Kahnle threw at miggy simple as that.

I'm not mad at all about the young guys defending their teammates. You need guys willing to go to war for each other I now know this team is actually close and they truly care about each other which is a great thing. Thr brawls could've been avoided by handing out warnings when Gary got hit or when Kahnle threw at miggy simple as that.
    1 billion percent, happy the way they stuck up for each other. Umps, SP for Detroit, and Miggy are to blame. Romine shouldn't get a game for defending himself
    #BringBackMatty

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    1 billion percent, happy the way they stuck up for each other. Umps, SP for Detroit, and Miggy are to blame. Romine shouldn't get a game for defending himself
    The Romine ejection was the most BS I've seen how are you going to eject someone for protecting himself? If he gets any kind of suspension the system is seriously flawed.

The Romine ejection was the most BS I've seen how are you going to eject someone for protecting himself? If he gets any kind of suspension the system is seriously flawed.
    Agreed , what's he supposed to do? Take a few shots and just stand there?
    #BringBackMatty

Agree 100%

NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Agreed , what's he supposed to do? Take a few shots and just stand there?
    Yes. Human punching bag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Yes. Human punching bag.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I can't stand Detroit, Brad and Miggy (aka fat ***)
    #BringBackMatty

Awesome!!! Just what we needed to galvanize team and give us the FIRE!!!!!

So fat overrated miggy starts a brawl with a cheap shot and then cries when he gets a blanket party. What a girl. I was hoping judge would have just broken a few of those girls in half.

Start a brawl and then cry. Fat and rich miggy don't care. Wish his head got taken off.

Umps are terrible. Where did they find these morons? Romine and dirty deserve a medal. No suspension. This brawl is exactly what we needed. Coaches tossed, players pile on miggy. Girardi goes off. MLB hates us again. Perfect!!!! Keep the chips on our shoulders and start crushing people. High and tight at 103 and start trashing everyone. Time to become evil empire again. Everyone hates us and it is glorious!

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Betances threw at McCann. Target was low and pitch was high. Plus Betances body went one way and arm went another. I've seen this happen with hard throwers like Chapman numerous times when a pitch gets away from them.

Smart move of the night after we lost our DH was the Ellsbury in and Judge out move, not just because it reset the line-up, but more so because, as the game was about to devolve into a bean brawl and Sanchez was already hit, it protected your other franchise hitter from being plunked. As a result, Frazier was hit intentionally instead.

on one hand it was stupid and should have been avoided if the umps do things correctly. On the other side i was very impressed that all the kids who haven't been playing together for very long defending each other the way they did. The one i was really impressed with was Gray who has been with the team 3 weeks came out and full on sprinted to get in the middle of it. This could be the moment that galvanizes this team and puts a serious fire under their *****

Its really ****** timing for Sanchez to get suspended because of how on fire he is. To make it worse from what i read they are going to have to play seriously short handed while these guys are suspended. They need to have Sanchez appeal so he can keep getting ABs while he's so hot and have one of Betances or Kahnle appeal so we won't be incredibly short handed. What really sucks is we have 2 big series coming up with Boston and Cleveland that we really need to be at full strength for. Hopefully getting Castro and Bird back will help.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast