Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will the Dodgers get to 116?

Just over a month to go, have 87 wins already. Do they break the record or come up short?

The Lost Boys of PSD

They have to win 117 to break the record which is 30 wins out of the remaining 40 games

I think they'll fall just short. Once everything is clinched, there will be a little bit of a let-up on the gas pedal. They will clinch HFA throughout the playoffs with a lot of games left. They're 13 up in the loss column on the Nats and Stros.

Not saying they don't have the depth to still get it done in September but I'm just not sure the hodgepodge lineups that they'll be putting out there will sustain a 750%

116 wins is meaningless nor should it be a goal.

If they get it, fine, the Dodgers should be more focus on having their big guns, rest and ready to go for the playoffs instead of trying to get a meaningless win total.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post

If they get it, fine, the Dodgers should be more focus on having their big guns, rest and ready to go for the playoffs instead of trying to get a meaningless win total.
    Pretty much in agreement

I also don't think they'll get there. They'd have to play better over the rest of the season than they have to this point. That seem unlikely

I'll be satisfied with just 106 wins, since the franchise record is 105 wins. Plus this team last won 100+ games in 1974. So this team just reaching triple-digit victories will be a new experience for many of us.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Once HFA is wrapped up, I fully expect the Dodgers to be taking full advantage of the expanded rosters and giving guys plenty of rest. Some teams will be in the fight for playoffs and will be competitive, but the rest will be doing the same thing with the expanded rosters, either resting their own guys or letting some prospects get their cup of coffee.

Zero chance.

Eh, I don't really care about the regular season record.. It would be cool to have, no doubt, but I'd rather the dodgers get their players healthy and rested for the playoffs. I'd say they end up with around 107-110 wins which is still a fantastic accomplishment

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

I don't think so.

Will the Dodgers get to 116?

They will wind up a little short

They will win exactly 117. You heard it here first.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Dodgers only need a record of 15-20 the rest of the way to break the franchise record of 105 wins.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

I think they'll be like in the 112 area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post

Sad, but with the length of these playoffs today, I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

Why is that sad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast