10. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Team

5 50.00%
  • Brampton

3 30.00%
  • GM's Vote Here

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NFL Re-Draft Second Round: #4 My Team vs. #5 Brampton (Re-Vote)

*1 Day Re-Vote

My Team:

QB: Joe Flacco

RB: Jordan Howard
    RB: Christian McCaffrey

WR: Stefon Diggs
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    WR: Martavis Bryant

TE: Rob Gronkowski
    TE: CJ Fiedorowicz

LT: Nate Solder
    LG: Alex Lewis
    C: Spencer Long
    RG: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
    RT: Austin Howard

DE: Michael Bennett
    NT: Brandon Williams
    DE: Stephon Tuitt
    OLB: Cameron Wake
    ILB: Deone Bucannon
    ILB: Gerald Hodges
    OLB: Leonard Floyd
    CB: Desmond Trufant
    SS: Kam Chancellor
    FS: Rodney McLeod
    NB/Nickel Safety: Jimmie Ward
    CB2: Kevin Johnson

Brampton Navs:

QB: Derek Carr [C](Oakland Raiders)

RB: Jay Ajayi [C](Miami Dolphins)
    RB: Tevin Coleman (Atlanta Falcons)

WR: Dez Bryant (Dallas Cowboys)
    WR: Adam Thielen (Minnesota Vikings)
    WR: Tyler Lockett (Seattle Seahawks)

TE: Jimmy Graham (Seattle Seahawks)
    TE: Dwayne Allen (New England Patriots)

LT: Duane Brown [C](Houston Texans)
    LG: Andrew Norwell (Carolina Panthers)
    C: Nick Martin (Houston Texans)
    RG: Rob Havenstein (Los Angeles Rams)
    RT: Bobby Hart (New York Jets)

DEFENSE (4-3):

LE: Shane Ray (Denver Broncos)
    DT: David Irving (Dallas Cowboys)
    DT: Jordan Phillips (Miami Dolphins)
    RE: Olivier Vernon [C] (New York Giants)

OLB: Brandon Marshall [C] (Denver Broncos)
    MIKE: Mason Foster (Washington Redskins)
    OLB: Shaq Barrett (Denver Broncos)

CB: Malcolm Butler [C] (New England Patriots)
    SS: Tony Jefferson (Baltimore Ravens)
    FS: Glover Quin (Detroit Lions)
    CB: Jamar Taylor (Cleveland Browns)
    5c: Patrick Robinson (Philadelphia Eagles)

NFL Re-Draft Second Round: #4 My Team vs. #5 Brampton (Re-Vote)

Carr-Dez-Graham trifecta!!!!

Why we are champions of the World Series!

My offense is way too much for his defense to handle. When you factor in how close these teams were (the reason why its a re-vote, was tied originally), it comes down to QB play, plain and simple. There's no way anyone takes Flacco over Carr.

Carr has more than enough protection. And think about this, the best offenses in the league always have a dual threat. Jay Ajayi last year broke 800+ yards AFTER CONTACT. I REPEAT, AFTER CONTACT. That is absolutely ridiculous. And that's with Tanne at QB. He now has an aerial attack in Carr, Dez, Jimmy, and Thielen + an adequate OL. Hopefully no one underrates Thielen and Lockett is an excellent deep threat/3rd WR and another slot option.

Coleman is a very good receiving back. He had 420 yards catching out of the backfield and 500 on the ground. Ajayi and Coleman are a monster backfield for Carr.

Defensively, his LB group isn't great. Floyd is awkward as **** in a 4-3 playing OLB. His secondary is fine. But lets see..

He's got Desmond Trufant, I've got Malcolm Butler.
    He's got Kam Chancellor, I've got Tony Jefferson who is a damn good safety.
    He's got Rodney Mcleod, I've got Glover Quin who just got extended and is a very good FS over the years.
    He's got Kevin Johnson, I've got Jamar Taylor who has been getting rave reviews after a fantastic season in Cleveland.

Patrick Robinson has a chip on his shoulder this year and has easily proven he can be a very good CB, especially with the talent and support he has in the backfield.

Pass rush wise, yes, Wake and Bennett is nice. But again, I have Olivier Vernon and Shane Ray who are no slouches either. My OL is better than his (not close), so really, I don't see the issue.

So in conclusion, I concede that he has a couple of better defensive pieces here and there, but my defense is also more than good enough to hold its own. I have key aspects covered by generating enough pass rush while having an elite secondary. In my LB group, Brandon Marshall and Mason Foster are also very good players while Shaq Barrett is an up and comer with the Broncos.

My defense is good enough that it allows my offense to do its thing, and quite frankly, I don't know if there is a better offense built in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Defensively, his LB group isn't great. Floyd is awkward as **** in a 4-3 playing OLB. His secondary is fine. But lets see..

He's got Desmond Trufant, I've got Malcolm Butler.
    He's got Kam Chancellor, I've got Tony Jefferson who is a damn good safety.
    He's got Rodney Mcleod, I've got Glover Quin who just got extended and is a very good FS over the years.
    He's got Kevin Johnson, I've got Jamar Taylor who has been getting rave reviews after a fantastic season in Cleveland.

Patrick Robinson has a chip on his shoulder this year and has easily proven he can be a very good CB, especially with the talent and support he has in the backfield.

Pass rush wise, yes, Wake and Bennett is nice. But again, I have Olivier Vernon and Shane Ray who are no slouches either. My OL is better than his (not close), so really, I don't see the issue.
    Ummm did u smoke before posting? Based on his labeling he's running a 3-4 which makes Floyd a natural fit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

My bad Im super tired, didnt even see it, I swear I saw 2 DTs and 2 DEs, Im on my phone and my screens cracked. But my argument stands, Wake and Bennett are 4-3 ends...

Reading TOs posts just makes you realize how little he truly knows about football

EDush clearly picked Brampton in both threads yet hasn't voted on the poll.
    He would have been the tie breaking vote in the initial thread.

If we count votes from edush then we should probably stop playing these games lol

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    Reading TOs posts just makes you realize how little he truly knows about football
    Yet I've assembled a better team than you. I'll let my team do the talking while you go about it like a 14 year old girl.

And unlike UTB I actually respect all posters votes. Ive seen Bullseyed's posts.. don't see me talking ****. Just get on with it, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    If we count votes from edush then we should probably stop playing these games lol
    Or we switch to using what-if sims instead.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    [emoji23] My bad Im super tired, didnt even see it, I swear I saw 2 DTs and 2 DEs, Im on my phone and my screens cracked. But my argument stands, Wake and Bennett are 4-3 ends...
    Wake is fine as a 3-4 olb seeing they rarely drop in coverage and for Bennett that's funny as I'm sure you've seen him go from de to dt. Clear to me he could play it.

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Bennett could play it but it doesn't mean he's as effective as he is in a 4-3. Plus, his pass rush doesn't scare me as Brown and Norwell are a very good left side to protect Carr.

UTB doesn't have nearly as much fire power as I do. We can talk about how injuries don't matter but chances are Gronk has a broken arm while we're playing. Martavis Bryant has proven nothing except that he can't stay on the field due to his off the field issues.

Jordan Howard's good but it's nowhere near Ajayi + Coleman which is what the Falcons have as a backfield on steroids with a QB just as good as Ryan. Dez is clearly the best WR amongst both groups. Diggs is good and all but Thielen is no slouch in comparison. Marshall.... locker room issues.

Not to mention Jimmy Graham and Dwayne Allen perfectly compliment one another at TE. One's an elite ball catcher while the other is an excellent blocker. Offense wins football games even against the best defenses and I can't see him stopping mine due to my OL, while my D is good enough. I can matchup Butler on whichever WR I want and the other two don't scare me.

If he's going to his run game, I have excellent thumpers. Brandon Marshall and Mason Foster are good against the run, while Jefferson is an excellent safety against the run too if I need to load the box. Lets not pretend like Joe Flacco is going to outdo Derek Carr.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast