Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Stop reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Stop reading it.

Hard to stop when it keeps resurfacing to the top of the forum!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

It's a great year to suck.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Still 7th, because they don't suck enough.

Moved up to 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Moved up to 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    It's a great year to suck.
    Good upcoming draft?

Yes, very good HS SS, C and Pitchers plus some nice college prospects. Sandy can't miss on this pick.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Yes, very good HS SS, C and Pitchers plus some nice college prospects. Sandy can't miss on this pick.
    Yup, they are saying best draft since 2011.

Top two are probably Turang (HS SS) and Singer (College SP). Even assuming they go in the top 4 picks, there will be something good at #5-#7. Some candidates might be:

Casey Mize - College RHP said to have best combo of stuff and command, but some arm soreness issues could scare off teams at the very top.

Jeremy Eierman - RH power hitting college SS likely to move to 3B as a pro where he might be a plus defender.

Two college OF, Greyson Jenista and Griffin Conine (son of Jeff) were ranked the top two prospects in the Cape Cod League by BA. Jenista won the league MVP, and got the top spot from BA, but Callis says scouts chose Conine as the best prospect in the league.

Nick Madrigal is a college SS with a profile similar to Dustin Pedroia. He profiles as a plus defensive 2B as a pro, and is a little on the short side, but is a plus hitter with speed and gap power.

Ethan Hankins is the most projectible HS arm, he's 6'6" with a fastball already touching mid-90s, and a breaking ball that also projects as plus.

Also both college (Joey Bart) and HS (Wil Banfield) catchers getting some attention as well. And several more I could list. Too early to say really who will rise up and who will fall by next June, but there's plenty of talent there.
    Last edited by acerimusdux; 09-20-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

Top two are probably Turang (HS SS) and Singer (College SP). Even assuming they go in the top 4 picks, there will be something good at #5-#7. Some candidates might be:

Casey Mize - College RHP said to have best combo of stuff and command, but some arm soreness issues could scare off teams at the very top.

Jeremy Eierman - RH power hitting college SS likely to move to 3B as a pro where he might be a plus defender.

Two college OF, Greyson Jenista and Griffin Conine (son of Jeff) were ranked the top two prospects in the Cape Cod League by BA. Jenista won the league MVP, and got the top spot from BA, but Callis says scouts chose Conine as the best prospect in the league.

Nick Madrigal is a college SS with a profile similar to Dustin Pedroia. He profiles as a plus defensive 2B as a pro, and is a little on the short side, but is a plus hitter with speed and gap power.

Ethan Hankins is the most projectible HS arm, he's 6'6" with a fastball already touching mid-90s, and a breaking ball that also projects as plus.

Also both college (Joey Bart) and HS (Wil Banfield) catchers getting some attention as well. And several more I could list. Too early to say really who will rise up and who will fall by next June, but there's plenty of talent there.
    Let's hope they do better this time around than they did with Nimmo.

Can't let a top 5 player get by them again.

Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

Depending how he does this year, Eirman is someone I would look at. Hit 23 bombs last year and can play 2nd, 3rd and short. He should move through the system pretty quickly. He reminds me of Alex Bregman.

What about Seth Beer?

Given the fact that corner outfield guys don't usually get taken in the top top of a draft, he may be there at 5-7, but some think he may be a first baseman in the end. Still his bat looks very promising.

Poor defense and speed, we have that in Alonso and he was had in the 2nd round.

Eirman and Bart are two guys that I automatically look at based on need. Eirman likely moves to 3rd in the future.

Not sure if Bart is a guy that would stick at C, but if could be adequately there that's great.

Am not sure about pitchers just yet, but I do want them to go college this year.

The where will be Mets draft position be in 2018 thread.

The thing about Beer is that he could be a great bat with below average defense at a corner outfield position, The Mets GM dosen't really care all about defense there.

And you would be talking about him possibly replacing Cepedes in 2-3 years with him.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast