Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

The where will be Mets draft position be in 2018 thread.

Currently they will be 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll guess they end up 7

Realistically they won't end up top 3, but can go from anywhere from 4th to 12th imo.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    I just hope they make right decision no matter the draft position.

Any Mike Trouts out there?
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I just hope they make right decision no matter the draft position.

Any Mike Trouts out there?
    The right decision does not alwayed end with the best result in a game of chance.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    The right decision does not alwayed end with the best result in a game of chance.
    But the odds are higher, so long as your scouting department is doing their jobs correctly.

I predict that we will stay in the number 7 spot and draft the 42nd ranked prospect in the draft leaving the fanbase screaming for everyone's firing.

There are a few guys I like but Jeremy Eierman has bat speed and power. He's a middle infielder that will have to move to 3rd.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    But the odds are higher, so long as your scouting department is doing their jobs correctly.

I predict that we will stay in the number 7 spot and draft the 42nd ranked prospect in the draft leaving the fanbase screaming for everyone's firing.
    What does "correctly" mean?

Correctly does not mean that they draft according to published ranking. "Correctly means that they have the insight to draft according to how players would be drafted 5+ years later which is pretty much impossible. If it was possible, Trout would not have lasted until #22 and Stanton would not have lasted until the third round.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    What does "correctly" mean?

Correctly does not mean that they draft according to published ranking. "Correctly means that they have the insight to draft according to how players would be drafted 5+ years later which is pretty much impossible. If it was possible, Trout would not have lasted until #22 and Stanton would not have lasted until the third round.
    Correctly means picking Jose Fernandez instead of Brandon Nimmo.

Your logic implies that there is no justification for criticizing anyone in any FO because since everything is unpredictable then how can we blame anyone for things not working out.

If I'm the Mets, I'm drafting the most advanced hitter - similar to what they did with Conforto. Try to find a potential third baseman/center fielder for long term or take the arm with the best stuff.

I'm sick of this team going after guys who throw 100mph fastballs straight as a string. That philosophy is a failure and it's amazing we haven't realized that already.

When was the last guy the Mets drafted in the first round that threw 100 mph?

I think the Mets problem drafting has been not getting the guy that fell in the draft do what ever reason.

Conforto, Peterson and Smith dispel that myth.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    When was the last guy the Mets drafted in the first round that threw 100 mph?

I think the Mets problem drafting has been not getting the guy that fell in the draft do what ever reason.

Sorry I didn't mean draft. I meant acquire in general.

The where will be Mets draft position be in 2018 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Conforto, Peterson and Smith dispel that myth.
    What about the other drafts? so its not a myth when it has happen half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    What about the other drafts? so its not a myth when it has happen half the time.

The mediocre results were because the Mets focused on signability picks in the first round.

But look at how well the Maverick has done in the later rounds.

L@@K!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast