Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Curtis Granderson to Dodgers

Along with cash for PTBNL or cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On May 2, Granderson was hitting .122 and was one of the least productive players in baseball. Since then: .267/.386/.579 18 HR 46 RBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    On May 2, Granderson was hitting .122 and was one of the least productive players in baseball. Since then: .267/.386/.579 18 HR 46 RBI.

So your telling me he has gotten better since then???? Good....good....

Good pick up.
    1. Pederson keeps up his current rate he's not making the playoff roster.
    2. Granderson has done well against Arrieta, Roark, & Scherzer OPS wise. Small sample size but you know the FO looks at things like this.
    3. He was basically free.
    4. Emergency OF. If Agon struggles Cody has to go back to 1B. If one of the other OF's get hurt you suddenly are in a situation where you're forced to play Pederson & I don't see the FO wanting to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    Good pick up.
    2. Granderson has done well against Arrieta, Roark, & Scherzer OPS wise. Small sample size but you know the FO looks at things like this.
    4. Emergency OF. If Agon struggles Cody has to go back to 1B. If one of the other OF's get hurt you suddenly are in a situation where you're forced to play Pederson & I don't see the FO wanting to do that.
    I like 2.

It's a deep bench and the unsung type guys that can unexpectedly make a difference come playoff time. Nice pickup for LA.

Damn it.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Good pick up.
    Have had a long-term dislike for Pederson. Swing and miss hitting style offends me.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Great move. Even though he has his flaws, I've always liked Granderson. Teammates always love him too, seems like a great all around guy. And he can still play a little.

Not that this is a huge trade but I'm surprised another NL contender didn't step up and make a better offer. Granderson is someone who has hurt The Dodgers in the past. I guess this means no Ethier on the post-season roster. I was kinda hoping for a Vergugo callup and him to take Joc's spot in Center. Hard to see him making the post-season roster with this move. All that said, this is a great move for The Dodgers. I have almost no doubt Granderson will get a big hit or 2 in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Not that this is a huge trade but I'm surprised another NL contender didn't step up and make a better offer. Granderson is someone who has hurt The Dodgers in the past. I guess this means no Ethier on the post-season roster. I was kinda hoping for a Vergugo callup and him to take Joc's spot in Center. Hard to see him making the post-season roster with this move. All that said, this is a great move for The Dodgers. I have almost no doubt Granderson will get a big hit or 2 in the playoffs!
    I think you're right about Ethier. Hasn't really played consistent ball since was 2015? I think if he were good enough to make the post season roster the FO would be happy to have that problem.

I wonder about Verdugo now. I know he probably plays on the 25 man roster at some point in 2018 & it would be great to get some experience in September. That seems to really help players. Even Joc got a cup of tea if I remember correctly in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Dodgers were able to get him off the waivers so that mean the Nationals didn't probably try & it would have made sense for them to do so with Harper being hurt & his success against the Dodgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Have had a long-term dislike for Pederson. Swing and miss hitting style offends me.
    I think the FO knows that too. He actually did well last year in the playoffs against the Nationals. But I just think that he hurts the team more than helps at this point.

I think the FO knows that too. He actually did well last year in the playoffs against the Nationals. But I just think that he hurts the team more than helps at this point.
    He hit the go-ahead homer against Scherzer in Game 5. We likely don't win without that.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    He hit the go-ahead homer against Scherzer in Game 5. We likely don't win without that.
    I remember that. But is he going to get a free pass all year long because of that?

Happy for Curtis. One of the ture good guys in the game. I despise the Dodgers, but happy that Curtis has a legit shot at a ring. Solid pickup for the Dodgers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast