Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Final Series against Houston might mean something

Still kind of early, but looks a whole lot more possible then it did a month and half ago. The Astros were up 10 games. Now its down to 4 and half with the Stros still struggling. That final series might be huge.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Still kind of early, but looks a whole lot more possible then it did a month and half ago. The Astros were up 10 games. Now its down to 4 and half with the Stros still struggling. That final series might be huge.
    Astros are 12 up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    Astros are 12 up.
    Really? Show me then. Because i'm looking at ESPN's league standings and it says we are 4.5 games back.

PAPI SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    Really? Show me then. Because i'm looking at ESPN's league standings and it says we are 4.5 games back.
    I must be reading it wrong. I see MLB LA is at 12 GB. Astros would be 12.5?
    Last edited by Soxfan85; 08-18-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Ahh i see what saying. Your talking about the ALW. Not what i'm talking about. I'm taling about the Red Sox. Check this out. Right around July 1st, the Astros were up like 10-12 games on Boston. Now...

http://www.espn.com/mlb/standings/_/group/league

It didn't seem likely a month ago, but the Sox could clinch Home Field advantage throughout the AL playoffs. If the Sox and Stros are within 3 games of each other, then that last series at Fenway against the Astros could be huge for multiple reasons.

PAPI SMASH!

He means in the race for home field advantage through the ALCS. We need it; I don't want to finish 2 or 3 and have to face CLE.

Cleveland has stampeded past the Astros for the top spot in the American League with 18 straight wins. Jordan Bastian and William Kosileski of MLB.com examine their latest victory, a 3-1 triumph over the Orioles that has Cleveland within three victories of the major league record.

Right now, if the Sox were to hold onto the AL East, they’d face Houston rather than Cleveland. Still, Cleveland certainly looks like the clear team to beat in the American League – though as Andy McCullough notes for the LA Times in dissecting the Dodgers’ 10th straight loss, “team-to-beat” status can be fickle.
    Speier