Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great coverage and a play on the ball by Howard. His coverage on the post route is what I'm afraid of and it looked good right there.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Hopefully the coaches look at this tape and at least try to add some depth for the Oline. The backups look rough.

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but from what I saw, there were a few high points. I like what I saw from Hull at MLB, so maybe we don't need a "replacement" right now...but we still should be looking for depth and competition at the position. Loved that deep ball pick from Xavien; good clean, natural hands on the play. Perry is showing flashes as a back, I'm just not sure that he was ready to KR...they may be able to get him more reps receiving kicks, and if so, that's another way that he could make the team. Godchaux showed flashes that blew me away...Taylor too honestly. I was really thinking that both could be a little scrubbish (depth at best), but there were moments where both looked legit. That's a big situation averted if so...we needed that depth badly at DT. At this point, my biggest concern (surprise surprise) is the offensive line. We have to do something to solidify the line if there will be any hope this year. I wasn't a fan of much of anything from that group last night.
    Coming Soon...Isaac Asiata

Could've/should've signed Zuttah who just reupped with the Ravens.
    BRUH

So the problem is that I don't think the staff sees a problem with the oline right now. They think with a healthy line that they'll be fine. I mean they showed this off-season they don't care about the OG spot so they're definitely not going to bring anyone worth anything at this point. Plus they weren't going to bring in anyone like Zuttah or Mangold since they're so high on Urbick. I guess the only sliver of hope is that the main guys get healthy and can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas_Phin1 View Post
    I didn't get to watch the whole game, but from what I saw, there were a few high points. I like what I saw from Hull at MLB, so maybe we don't need a "replacement" right now...but we still should be looking for depth and competition at the position. Loved that deep ball pick from Xavien; good clean, natural hands on the play. Perry is showing flashes as a back, I'm just not sure that he was ready to KR...they may be able to get him more reps receiving kicks, and if so, that's another way that he could make the team. Godchaux showed flashes that blew me away...Taylor too honestly. I was really thinking that both could be a little scrubbish (depth at best), but there were moments where both looked legit. That's a big situation averted if so...we needed that depth badly at DT. At this point, my biggest concern (surprise surprise) is the offensive line. We have to do something to solidify the line if there will be any hope this year. I wasn't a fan of much of anything from that group last night.
    Godchaux defiantly has room to improve, but he's defiantly been better than I thought he would. Much better than Phillips has looked. Taylor hasn't done anything to wow me but hasn't been awful.

And Hull looks like I thought he would. He's decent and definitely is worthy of being a fill in. I don't think he'll be any worse than Kiko was in defending the run last year and is a better tackler. The biggest problem is the depth right now. With Hewitt hurt there's no one worth anything and that's a part of the problem with the special teams yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12