Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    but remember that one carry in his first game against the Chargers? he totally made a guy miss and scored

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    but remember that one carry in his first game against the Chargers? he totally made a guy miss and scored
    probably the only play they had ever blocked for him lol

THE START OF A NEW ERA #I.Q.W.T

I was at that game!!! He looked like a future HOFer!
    ^^ Our 27th Savior ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Ebron back next year at $8 mil.
    Lions #1 draft need: New ownership

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Serious? That is too much....we can sign a guy that drops a bunch of passes for much less.

I know ya'll hate Calvin now, but this was a good read. Guy seems happy as ****.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/ca...in-retirement/

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Not sure how I feel, $8M seems a lot but that's probably just the automatic 4th year or 5th year or whatever he's at now. He was much better after the crowd **** on him, so talent wise I'm good with keeping him another year, but now that I look it up and see he was making $1.5M base last year, yeesh. Was this a negotiated deal or an automatic 5th year option price?

Something to think about, Gronk makes $9M a year

ok now I'm confused, we picked up his 5th year option for $5M in may, so why did it get bumped to $8M? Was there some incentive clause?

edit: or maybe Bleacher Report just had the number wrong in may http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-up-by-lions
    Last edited by GuySir; 01-02-2018 at 04:41 PM.

ok now I'm confused, we picked up his 5th year option for $5M in may, so why did it get bumped to $8M? Was there some incentive clause?

edit: or maybe Bleacher Report just had the number wrong in may http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ed-up-by-lions
    5 mm seems much more reasonable, but I'd still prefer something in the 2-3 range. He's not been good enough to get more.

Not sure how I feel, $8M seems a lot but that's probably just the automatic 4th year or 5th year or whatever he's at now. He was much better after the crowd **** on him, so talent wise I'm good with keeping him another year, but now that I look it up and see he was making $1.5M base last year, yeesh. Was this a negotiated deal or an automatic 5th year option price?

Something to think about, Gronk makes $9M a year
    its a rookie 5th year option guaranteed only for injury...it was picked up over the summer. The way he played at the second half of the season he would have been up there with Gronk and Kelce as far as TE numbers go. He has the talent just needs to put it together.

We may negotiate with him but he seems to not like the fans and could possibly just want to hit free agency.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports Lions DC Teryl Austin will interview for the same position in Cincinnati on Friday.
    Austin technically remains under contract with the Lions, so he had to be granted permission to interview for what would be a lateral move. He previously interviewed to replace Jim Caldwell in Detroit. The Bengals are replacing Paul Guenther, whose contract was not renewed. An ex-Ravens assistant, Austin has coordinated the Lions' defense since 2014, largely overseeing solid units. He has never worked with Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.
    interesting

This isn't the standard TA interview, it sounds more to me like he's annoyed with our coaching search being centered around Patricia and Vrabel, defensive guys. I wouldn't blame him one bit if he decided to get out in front and ditch the Lions, even for the freakin' Bengals
    Last edited by GuySir; 01-05-2018 at 01:15 AM.

If he's under contract i didn't think he could leave unless it was a move up the ladder

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    If he's under contract i didn't think he could leave unless it was a move up the ladder
    my understanding is if we gave him permission to interview we probably also give permission to leave even if it's lateral

Let our best coach walk. Same old Lions.
    Lions #1 draft need: New ownership

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast