Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Terry needs to go

This teams about to lose 3/4 to the Yankees, maybe even get swept. Terry Collins has lost the team. A team that needs a new manager, someone who will grow with our youthful core. Terry's time is done. He brought us to a World Series and I'll always be thankful but he did not win. He got out managed. He's been out managed a lot this season, throwing tirades and looking clueless. It's time to fire him and get someone else as Skipper.

We all want Collins gone that's why he won't be gone. The Wilpons have no care in the world for what this fan base wants and what the team needs.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    He's not coming back, as an extension would have been signed by now.

Then again, why he would he want to come back to a team that needs a serious rebuild.

He's done. He's just keeping to himself because he's a loyal guy.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I wanted David Robertson on the Mets this offseason.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Aaaaaaand now he slams the door on us. Good night folks

Edit: Oops thought I was in the Subway Series thread.
    Last edited by MJNetsIsles; 08-16-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

He's on his way out anyway. Let it just happen.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I'm 99% confident that we will have a new manager next season and 99% confident that it won't make an appreciable difference.

After all, changing the manager as an alternative to improving the talent on the club is definitely a Wilpon type of move.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I'm 99% confident that we will have a new manager next season and 99% confident that it won't make an appreciable difference.

After all, changing the manager as an alternative to improving the talent on the club is definitely a Wilpon type of move.
    It sure as hell isn't Terry's fault that 6 years into Sandy's tenure they have no catcher, third baseman, or CFer and a huge question mark at first base as they head into the off season.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It sure as hell isn't Terry's fault that 6 years into Sandy's tenure they have no catcher, third baseman, or CFer and a huge question mark at first base as they head into the off season.
    Do they even have a second baseman, either? I suppose you could say Flores and that's fine but not inspiring.

How about a bullpen? Can Familia return to form and if not, what are you left with? I swear if they give significant innings to guys like Robles again...

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    This teams about to lose 3/4 to the Yankees, maybe even get swept. Terry Collins has lost the team. A team that needs a new manager, someone who will grow with our youthful core. Terry's time is done. He brought us to a World Series and I'll always be thankful but he did not win. He got out managed. He's been out managed a lot this season, throwing tirades and looking clueless. It's time to fire him and get someone else as Skipper.

We all want Collins gone that's why he won't be gone. The Wilpons have no care in the world for what this fan base wants and what the team needs.
    I don't want him gone. I think he's going to retire from managing. Doesn't matter who the team hires, fans will always rip the manager.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I don't want him gone. I think he's going to retire from managing. Doesn't matter who the team hires, fans will always rip the manager.
    Gonna agree here.

I liked Terry but like every other manager, he has a shelf life. To be fair, he's made some head scratchers along the way, most notably pinch hitting for Dom Smith the other day. But that's gonna be the case with every manager. And if you think you're not gonna have problems with Terry's successor, think again.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

The Mets need an OF and not particularly a CF.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Do they even have a second baseman, either? I suppose you could say Flores and that's fine but not inspiring.

How about a bullpen? Can Familia return to form and if not, what are you left with? I swear if they give significant innings to guys like Robles again...
    Neither Wilmer nor TJ will kill you there. Both can hit. Damned shame both are righties. They're basically the same player with Wilmer hitting more homers and TJ being more of a line drive hitter. I don't think second base is a huge problem like the other holes.

Bullpen is always going to be iffy year to year. Maybe you can depend on an elite closer. Maybe. The middle guys will always drive you crazy.

But here's the thing: A weak bullpen is almost always symptomatic of a weak starting rotation. If the starters consistently go deep, you can almost bet your relievers will be fine too. Expose them and over work them to compensate from a lack of innings eaten by your starters and they'll almost invariably faulter.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-17-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Mets need an OF and not particularly a CF.
    If they didnt need a CFer they should have held on to Bruce. Conforto really isn't a CFer. Not sure Nimmo is either. I agree, you get a big bopper for right field Conforto isn't going to kill you in center.

But they had the big bopper in Bruce so.....

What was that Harry Chapin song, "All My Life's A Circle?"

I am not sure what it would take, but I would take a serious look at Christian Yelich to play CF.

I would also look at Saurez to play 3rd. With Senzel knocking on the door the Reds could look at acquiring young controllable arms.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

If they didnt need a CFer they should have held on to Bruce. Conforto really isn't a CFer. Not sure Nimmo is either. I agree, you get a big bopper for right field Conforto isn't going to kill you in center.

But they had the big bopper in Bruce so.....

What was that Harry Chapin song, "All My Life's A Circle?"
    Conforto is an average CF, most people on here want them to sign a 32 year CFer. Let me ask you, how will that turn out? I can tell you it won't be as good as the Granderson (10 fWAR over 4 years) signing, but more like the Bay (fWAR of 0.8) signing. I would rather they let Lagares play everyday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast