Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Katie Sowers 2nd female to coach in the NFL

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/8/...wide-receivers

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-katie-sowers-female-assistant-coach-20170814-story.html

Last edited by eDush; 08-17-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Being elite is not easy cause you will be hated on but that's me

Didn't read but full time? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Didn't read but full time? Nice.
    Yup and about time after she was a summer intern under the Bill Walsh NFL diversity coaching fellowship and was hired cause she has demonstrated in coaching better than other coaches thus far, not cause she's a female.

Welcome aboard to the 49ers organization, Katie!

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post

:rolleye:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Awesome

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I think its pretty cool to see women finally breaking in to the coaching ranks in the NBA, and now the NFL.
    Hopefully the players will respect and be willing to learn from her.

i get in bball but really what can an NFL WR learn from a woman? not to be sexist, genuine question as i could care less who coaches. at least in bball women have a pro league and the game is mostly the same so the experience and knowledge is there. this woman clearly earned her job and again im not knocking just curious for some opinions.

also who and when was the first? feels strange i havent heard about that before seeing how its pretty big news.
    Last edited by TheDish87; 08-17-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i get in bball but really what can an NFL WR learn from a woman? not to be sexist, genuine question as i could care less who coaches. at least in bball women have a pro league and the game is mostly the same so the experience and knowledge is there. this woman clearly earned her job and again im not knocking just curious for some opinions.

also who and when was the first? feels strange i havent heard about that before seeing how its pretty big news.
    I don't know, but women are pretty prevalent in skating and conditioning training in hockey. Seems like she'll be more of a coaches assistant than coaching players in anything.

Always great to see barriers being chiseled away at, especially due to merit and not her gender. They are keeping her around because of who she is, not because of her vagina.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 08-17-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    Anthony Mantha

Spoil you with 2 angles baby boo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post

You could have done a little research and found out that she played QB for a women pro football team. (Not in lingerie.) Besides, there is little to no correlation between coaching ability and playing experience. A football coach does instruction (e.g. on technique) and analysis (e.g. film study).

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    You could have done a little research and found out that she played QB for a women pro football team. (Not in lingerie.) Besides, there is little to no correlation between coaching ability and playing experience. A football coach does instruction (e.g. on technique) and analysis (e.g. film study).
    Was gonna post that. I believe the same is true for the other woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Was gonna post that. I believe the same is true for the other woman.
    It's a bit like asking why is Sanjay Lal a WR coach when India doesn't have American football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast