Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 123
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,503
    Anyone with half a brain already knew he was leaving Cleveland again after they lost the finals this past year. He's a runner, always looking for the bigger better team, always looking for the easiest way. This is not news.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,503
    Can't wait to watch the fall out in Cleveland when it's officially announced next off season. Should make for some great people watching.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,518
    LeBron should just waive his no trade clause and pick his team and get it over with. Its just gonna be a circus all season. Yeah he probably doesn't want his new team gutted. But a chance his new team don't have the capspace to have a big 3 either. Lakers can if they dump Deng, Clarkson, Randle but that will take picks or Ball or Ingram. I bet Suns would eat Deng if Ball was included for Bledsoe. Steep price. But Deng is dead weight. Clarkson isn't a asset either more less negative with his contract.

    Randle could of been a asset a season or so ago. But now he's gonna be RFA after this season. Not many gullible teams to eat dead weight. Nets look strapped here on out. 76ers doing 1 year deals till their ready for greatness. So that doesn't leave many gullible front office's ready to bend over. Also a good chunk of the league is capped out next season. So Lakers would need to do some wheeling and dealing this season to trade for expiring contracts or trade for the stars this season.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Still1Ballin's basement
    Posts
    23,247
    We're not trading Lonzo. Get over it.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,518
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    We're not trading Lonzo. Get over it.
    Well its gonna take Ball or Ingram or two first round picks to dump Deng. Also Clarkson probably wont be dumped for free either. If Lakers want a big3 they will have to compromise. They may keep Ball for the circus sideshow of his Dad. But Ingram will be out the door.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,518
    Pick Swaps
    2018 Owe first-rounder to Boston Celtic (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight, Jayson Tatum), may go to Philadelphia 76ers if first or sixth and beyond.
    2018 Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard), may go to Brooklyn Nets (Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll).
    2018 Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
    2019 Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
    2019 Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).

    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/lo...s-team-salary/

    Earliest first round pick to be traded is 2019 then another in 2021. That's far out. But I guess that team can hope the Lakers new big3 is old and declines fast. LeBron could age fast in the west. Not like how he can coast in the weak east.

    *edit* Actually with the Stepien rule. Pick gone in 2018. They have to keep their own in 2019. So 2020 and 2022 is the first two picks that can be dealt. Or select a player on draft night then trade him.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 08-17-2017 at 10:46 AM.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Chicago showed their true colors, ran by a bunch of clowns.

    You think LeBron leaves?
    Hey, maybe you can be a Cavs fan next year!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    9,837
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Big deal. He's a goner. He walks or picks a team for a trade. Not rocket science. Trade him now the better. If he walks ya get nothing. But maybe better then taking dead weight to.
    Lebron is the biggest little douche in NBA history. whenever things get tough this dude changes team. He is a terrible leader. A great basketball player, but horrible at the intangibles which keep him off Mt Rushmore, and definitely outside of the top 8 all time. He's outside of my top 10 based on this and a couple of other factors.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,101
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/lo...s-team-salary/

    Earliest first round pick to be traded is 2019 then another in 2021. That's far out. But I guess that team can hope the Lakers new big3 is old and declines fast. LeBron could age fast in the west. Not like how he can coast in the weak east.

    *edit* Actually with the Stepien rule. Pick gone in 2018. They have to keep their own in 2019. So 2020 and 2022 is the first two picks that can be dealt. Or select a player on draft night then trade him.
    they can trade 19 after the draft but they can trade it now if they just pick up a 1st from someone else... you don't have to have your pick ... just a pick in the first to get around that rule...

    I doubt the Lakers gut the team though... the only advantage of doing a trade is to dump deng and have LeBron opt in to save money... I still think deng goes in an okc deal for pg13 after the season.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Why wouldn't he do it, though? It works out for LeBron and all parties involved. Cavs might not want Deng but Clarkson+Ball are two very young players who could be promising players. Right now, Cavs are trying to get Irving back in exchange for some young talent.. Boom, Ball+Clarkson. LeBron ends up in Lakers and helps them free up salary space - which enables the team to get LeBron some elite help. IDK why LeBron would want to play with Ball, tbh. Ball can't shoot and he does the same things LeBron can do.. Like, what's the point of Ball if you have LeBron? I mean, Ball might be able to get LeBron a few possessions off in games but so could other players that are more proven.


    I like it a lot, too. At this point, I would like it if there are 2-3 teams capable of challenging the Warriors. It doesn't even have to be my team. I've gotten to a point where if the league isn't competitive enough to watch, I can care less how well OKC does. It's boring watching Russ just triple double his way into the season when the undeniable fact is that it won't mean a thing if no one can beat the Warriors. LeBron on the Spurs is a quick route to changing that.
    I don't think he does the Ball trade because he would be coming that summer regardless. If he doesn't want to play with Ball package him and maybe even Ingram for a star player like AD. Deng and Clarkson can be dumped using picks and Randle possibly. If AD doesn't get it done maybe dangle Ball and look at guys like Wall/Lillard or go after Westbrook in FA.

    If they can dump Deng and Clarkson using Randle picks and maybe Kuzma, they can offer one year deals to Westbrook/CP3 PG and LeBron so they can sign the 5 year super max the next summer. Then turn around and trade Ball Ingram and filler for AD and use the exception on a 3 and D player.

    Westbrook or CP3
    MLE
    PG
    LeBron
    AD

    Then go after vets for the minimum (Wade/Brook Lopez/etc.)

    I'm almost positive there will be a new super team built around LeBron next season whenever he is (it won't be Cleveland).

    Him and Kawhi would **** the Warriors up.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    they can trade 19 after the draft but they can trade it now if they just pick up a 1st from someone else... you don't have to have your pick ... just a pick in the first to get around that rule...

    I doubt the Lakers gut the team though... the only advantage of doing a trade is to dump deng and have LeBron opt in to save money... I still think deng goes in an okc deal for pg13 after the season.
    Why would Thunder eat Deng? Also what's the asset? Thunder already got dead weight in Kanter and Adams. Doubt they want Deng piled onto that. Thunder probably rather see PG13 walk then stuck with dead weight. Their not a tank team. Maybe if Ingram and Deng for PG13 maybe. But Deng for some random future first isn't to enticing especially if Lakers get a big3. Also PG13 maybe prefers to stay with Thunder if Westbrook stays.

    So Lakers could be SOL if things don't go as planned. Also its a bit risky for Lakers to part with future picks when and if LeBron goes there. He most likely be on the decline within 2 to 3 years easily. Not sure what other banana boat buddies end up with him. Wade is on the decline. Harden and CP3 probably stay with Rockets. Melo only wants Rockets. LeBron is close with Bledsoe as well. But Lakers already have Ball.

    Unless Bledsoe at SG? Yeah I know they can add a pick then trade their own. But do the Lakers own any thing that would fetch a first from another team? Nance? Doubt it. Maybe very late first if lucky. Randle be a risk. Clarkson isn't worth a first. Would cost a first to dump him.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    truth. have been saying this to people lately myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    there has never been a great I wanted to retire like LeBron.
    Both of you would be ecstatic if he joined your team.
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    14,101
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Why would Thunder eat Deng? Also what's the asset? Thunder already got dead weight in Kanter and Adams. Doubt they want Deng piled onto that. Thunder probably rather see PG13 walk then stuck with dead weight. Their not a tank team. Maybe if Ingram and Deng for PG13 maybe. But Deng for some random future first isn't to enticing especially if Lakers get a big3. Also PG13 maybe prefers to stay with Thunder if Westbrook stays.

    So Lakers could be SOL if things don't go as planned. Also its a bit risky for Lakers to part with future picks when and if LeBron goes there. He most likely be on the decline within 2 to 3 years easily. Not sure what other banana boat buddies end up with him. Wade is on the decline. Harden and CP3 probably stay with Rockets. Melo only wants Rockets. LeBron is close with Bledsoe as well. But Lakers already have Ball.

    Unless Bledsoe at SG? Yeah I know they can add a pick then trade their own. But do the Lakers own any thing that would fetch a first from another team? Nance? Doubt it. Maybe very late first if lucky. Randle be a risk. Clarkson isn't worth a first. Would cost a first to dump him.
    it isn't gonna take ball or ingram to get PG13 in a post season trade if he says he is leaving

    Deng/1st/Zubac or Nance or kuzma

    The lakers aren't operating in a vacuum ... it is assumed full blown tampering is going on...

    As for a first right now? Lakers could trade Randle today for a pick in the 22-30 range for nothing else

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Hey, maybe you can be a Cavs fan next year!
    Nah.....WE GONE!!
    https://s26.postimg.org/a20wgmf49/20969116_474690526257462_6125363099198291968_n.jpg

    Looks good in that wine and gold, CavsNation were coming!!!!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,518
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I don't think he does the Ball trade because he would be coming that summer regardless. If he doesn't want to play with Ball package him and maybe even Ingram for a star player like AD. Deng and Clarkson can be dumped using picks and Randle possibly. If AD doesn't get it done maybe dangle Ball and look at guys like Wall/Lillard or go after Westbrook in FA.

    If they can dump Deng and Clarkson using Randle picks and maybe Kuzma, they can offer one year deals to Westbrook/CP3 PG and LeBron so they can sign the 5 year super max the next summer. Then turn around and trade Ball Ingram and filler for AD and use the exception on a 3 and D player.

    Westbrook or CP3
    MLE
    PG
    LeBron
    AD

    Then go after vets for the minimum (Wade/Brook Lopez/etc.)

    I'm almost positive there will be a new super team built around LeBron next season whenever he is (it won't be Cleveland).

    Him and Kawhi would **** the Warriors up.
    That big4 would have to take a major discounts. Also doubt LeBron ever signs a 5 year deal. Not so sure Westbrook or PG 13 willing to take major discounts just yet. Thunder be better off just using picks to dump Kanter and Adams and use cap for a third star them selves.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •