Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mental midget

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/...814&league=mlb

If anyone wants to analyze the strike zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's because these veteran umpires are bulletproof. Guys like Angel Hernandez know they aren't getting fired, specifically with pending litigation against MLB. Threaten these guy's jobs if they continue to show up players and it will stop.
    And there is zero accountability, which Kinsler complained about as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angel Hernandez was the first ever ump that I fixated on being absolute and utter trash. And that was probably ~20 years ago. When I think bad umpires, there's never been a time any other ump has popped up into my head before Angel.
    this my sig

Ian Kinsler needs to be appointed President of the MLBPA now.

Simply put, umpires need to be anonymous. If MLB or it's fans knows the name of an umpire then that is bad news. Angel, Joe West, C.B. Bucknor, etc...this is the cream of the crop of crappy umpires, and it seems to me that especially Joe take great pride in being a prick.

So yeah, players shouldn't argue balls and strikes with umpires but it is part of the game. Veteran (or all) umpires should give players a longer leash when it comes the arguing balls and strikes. Now when the players actively delays the game then yeah the ump should act, but that's not what happen. AH is a prick.

The best punishment MLB can do with these jerks is too keep them as far away from the important games as humanly possible. Basically, once September 1 comes, these crappy umpires do not get to call a game of significant for the rest of the year. And their year ends when the regular season is over. There is absolutely no reason why guys like West, Hernandez, Bucknor, Diaz should be anywhere near the playoffs.

So good for Kinsler for signaling out AH on his crap.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Angel Hernandez was the first ever ump that I fixated on being absolute and utter trash. And that was probably ~20 years ago. When I think bad umpires, there's never been a time any other ump has popped up into my head before Angel.
    But he is suing for discrimination, even though the players routinely vote him one of the worst in the league.

What the umps really need is true accountability. Sadly their union doesn't allow for that to happen. I hope that the Kinsler outburst, as well as the discrimination suit from Hernandez himself, will lead MLB in this direction.

Angel Hernandez is the only ump I know that had someone tossed out of the announcer box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Angel Hernandez is the only ump I know that had someone tossed out of the announcer box.
    Really? Wow. Who & when was that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

You talking about this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib69pYyce6c

He was playing three blind mice fwiw lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You talking about this?

That's such ********. Is he that insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You talking about this?

No, I was talking about this:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D467&FORM=VIRE

CHICAGO (AP) Harry Caray never caused this much commotion during the seventh-inning stretch.
    Former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Steve McMichael was ejected from Wrigley Field on Tuesday night when he criticized an umpire after singing "Take Me Out to The Ball Game."
    Before leading the crowd of 40,266 in the song, McMichael yelled out, "I'm going to have to have a talk with that umpire down there."
    Home plate umpire Angel Hernandez the subject of McMichael's criticism appeared steamed by the comments and signaled for McMichael's ejection. According to Cubs officials, Hernandez asked crew chief Randy Marsh to call to the press box and ask that McMichael be removed.
    McMichael was upset by an apparent blown call by Hernandez in the sixth inning of Chicago's 5-4 win over Colorado.
    Ron Coomer tried to score from third when Denny Neagle's pitch hit off Colorado catcher Adam Melhuse's glove. Melhuse recovered and threw to Neagle. Hernandez called Coomer out although replays appeared to show that Coomer slid in before being tagged.
    The Cubs have been using guest singers during the seventh-inning stretch ever since Caray, their longtime announcer, died before the 1998 season.
    I believe it was in 2001. I remember watching it when it happened and it was a terrible call.

Denny Neagle and Ron Coomer lol. Blasts from the past.

Like you signal for an ejection because of that. Umpires should be required to take a skin thickness test prior to being hired.

No, I was talking about this:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D467&FORM=VIRE

I believe it was in 2001. I remember watching it when it happened and it was a terrible call.
    Lol what a douche.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast