Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Maybe I missed how this whole thing with Cena started, but why, or should I say, HOW, is he just magically going to Raw right now? Is there a story-line that he was traded or what's the deal? I thought he was property of Smackdown.

Think he came out and pretty much said he's a free agent and can go to both shows

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Maybe I missed how this whole thing with Cena started, but why, or should I say, HOW, is he just magically going to Raw right now? Is there a story-line that he was traded or what's the deal? I thought he was property of Smackdown.
    they reference him all the time during SDL now as "the free agent john cena" so basically hes on a "show by show or PPV by PPV contract" in the kayfabe world

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    they reference him all the time during SDL now as "the free agent john cena" so basically hes on a "show by show or PPV by PPV contract" in the kayfabe world
    Interesting. Guess i should take my finger off of the fast forward button a little more often for SmackDown.

The kayfabe reasoning hasn't been explained except to say that he is. The business reasoning is that he noticeably moves tickets sales and no one else on the roster really does that except maybe Brock.

So who did Baron Corbin piss off?

Completely understand the business reason. Just hadn't heard the kayfabe explanation yet

Completely understand the business reason. Just hadn't heard the kayfabe explanation yet
    Don't expect to...lol

So who did Baron Corbin piss off?

I mean. Cena came out himself on a promo live on SDL And said he doesn't think he has much time left so he's going to be on as much as he can when he declared he was a free agent

it was also explained

First Sim League Title!

I mean. Cena came out himself on a promo live on SDL And said he doesn't think he has much time left so he's going to be on as much as he can when he declared he was a free agent

it was also explained
    Ok, so I just went ahead and Googled it. WWE.com had an article in June talking about his eventual return to SDL on July 4th. It went on to say he (somehow) became a free agent during the post-Mania Superstar Shake-Up. So I guess I missed that article and any explanations of it that followed on SDL. Anyway, I have nothing against Cena being on Raw too.

I really hope this is the start of a monster character. Because as has been pointed out, the briefcase can't possibly just be a free ticket to a title. People have to fail their cash in attempts from time to time. It's just how it works. Just like winning the Royal Rumble. When you win it you get a title shot and it isn't a guarantee either.

What I would like to see them do with the briefcase is establish a 24x7 rule and play short clips every once in a while where someone tries to steal the briefcase. You have comedy talent on the roster and Tyler Breeze could dress up (make it obvious to us) as a valet and offer to put Baron Corbin's bags in the back of the car and he hands it to him. Something a kin to the hardcore title but obviously this wouldn't require blood. It would also require the holder to be billed stronger than they are now. Because let's say you go out there and lose a match, well your opponent could take it from you. Hell someone else could even come down to ringside and take it from you.

The WWE confuses me. They want guys not to break kayfabe but then Stephanie's Twitter handle says "plays a heel" on tv. I get she is the bosse's daughter but the WWE breaks kayfabe all the time (Total Divas for example). Here's Corbin playing a heel on Twitter better than he plays it on TV but possibly getting punished for doing so. Arguably he's the best WWE heel on Twitter besides Kevin Owens and he sticks to the character well.

Leave the guy alone with the heat garbage. You want him to play a heel, he's a playing a heel. So he called a guy in the military a loser. I get the WWE is a publicly trading company, blah, blah, blah but he's staying in character for the reasons that you want him to do so.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-18-2017 at 03:31 PM.

it was also explained
    Love cena... have him over Hogan but he is full of ****... He has plenty of time left but he knows movies/tv shows/etc pay better with less risk and is focusing more on that and only coming back for summerslam/mania... its smart but he is a massive hypocrite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Love cena... have him over Hogan but he is full of ****... He has plenty of time left but he knows movies/tv shows/etc pay better with less risk and is focusing more on that and only coming back for summerslam/mania... its smart but he is a massive hypocrite as well.
    He's definitely a hypocrite but does any legend work full time in their 40s anymore?

Taker
    Hbk
    Y2j
    Rock
    Hhh
    Brock

All part timers at late 30s/early 40s

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    eh it doesnt bother me as much as it will some. and im not going to be you and say ohhh your a hypocrite because in this case, he techincially can be.

Why? Because he came out and also apologized for his comments to the rock. he also stated he understands and anything he can do to have his name more out their to get the WWE more exposure he will, like the Rock. Because the Rock is so affilated with wwe, when they see him, thats there first thought before the actor and Cena is so pro WWE no matter what he does, hes always going to be around and hes always going to help bring more exposure to WWE

so it doesnt and wont bother me and this is something cena has stated

First Sim League Title!

I like Corbin, but I don't see him as WWE champ, at least not yet. He should be going for the US title.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast