Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So who did Baron Corbin piss off?

I read tonight where he cashed in his MITB briefcase and was essentially rolled up by Mahal for the three-count, losing the contract match.

I saw his Twitter beef with Dave Meltzer over the weekend, and he made a comment about someone's military service during that as well, and Meltzer said the veteran comment was only "the tip of the iceberg" or something to that effect.

So what else do they have with Corbin to stop his push so abruptly, and quite frankly, so embarrassingly. A roll up, right before a major PPV, when the only two previous losses of a MITB briefcase match happened to be very good matches on their own.

The losing of the MITB could be a punishment for those comments but it also gives Corbin some heat to beat Cena at summerslam. If he loses to Cena at summerslam then yeah, he's screwed.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Where and when did this happen?

happened tonight app... wow... so ****ing stupid.

I dont think you want every MITB winner to be automatic champion. Only 3 guys have failed to cash in before so I'm good with Corbin failing. The go home shows have been incredibly lackluster for what seems like years now so I also have no problem with WWE trying to make them worth watching.

The only thing that sucked was having SS matches on the Raw and Smackdown before SS.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    The losing of the MITB could be a punishment for those comments but it also gives Corbin some heat to beat Cena at summerslam. If he loses to Cena at summerslam then yeah, he's screwed.
    Agreed. Especially with Cena's record at SS in the last decade.

He is clearly being punished for breaking kayfabe when he consoled that crying child.

The list of why Goldberg should never have been given the universal title!

Quote Originally Posted by Chisweetness34 View Post
    He is clearly being punished for breaking kayfabe when he consoled that crying child.
    Didn't that happen before he won the MITB briefcase?

I just dont think the WWE believes Corbin is ready to hold the WWE title. Not that Jinder was either but they were hoping Jinder would have been more over with Indian audiences.

I like the story of him losing and wreaking ****in havoc on the roster until he wins the title the normal way, but I have a feeling it's probably a "burial" like you guys think, and not a positive storyline. This just doesn't happen to guys that Vince is high on.

Here is the problem with both MITB winners this year: You can clearly tell the WWE has no interest in putting the title's on either one of them. MITB is a very flawed concept; speaking as a fan, I could have cashed in on Jinder Mahal many times before last night. There were plenty of times where Mahal was down and out in build ups with his feud against Randy Orton that Corbin could have come right in, cashed in, and won in no time.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the problem with both MITB winners this year: You can clearly tell the WWE has no interest in putting the title's on either one of them. MITB is a very flawed concept; speaking as a fan, I could have cashed in on Jinder Mahal many times before last night. There were plenty of times where Mahal was down and out in build ups with his feud against Randy Orton that Corbin could have come right in, cashed in, and won in no time.
    It requires long term booking commitment to work successfully. I mean unless you have them cash in like Dean Ambrose did, then you have to commit to them for an extended period of time. Now there are a million things that can cause issues that are out of everyone's control (injury being the most prominent). But They run so few stories longer than PPV-to-PPV that it doesn't make sense to keep. The match is so much fun and I really enjoy watching them because of all the cool spots and it really enables you to introduce some randomness to the whole thing.

Maybe they should put a shorter timer on it or make you lose the suit case if someone can take it from you. Almost like the hardcore title where it could happen literally anywhere. You could have joke wrestlers disguised at the airport or something and offering to help carry the bags for one of the wrestlers. Or maybe the wrestler misses a show because they wouldn't give up the suitcase to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    happened tonight app... wow... so ****ing stupid.
    ???

i was so happy when jinder rolled him up and kept the title

i agree with sadds, this is a step to wreak havoc on the roster, but it probably wont happen and turn into a burial

First Sim League Title!

im not sure if I agree with this or how true it is. Please take this with a grain of salt, im classifying this as a rumor, I dont trust the source

According to Cageside Seats, WWE officials may have lost their faith in Baron Corbin as a top guy. Apparently, WWE officials weren’t pleased with him underperforming during his promos with Cena, and they weren't happy with his social media activity in recent weeks, as it has also rubbed some people the wrong way backstage.

How much of this heat from WWE officials has played into their decision to have him not capture the WWE Championship remains to be seen, but for the time being, Corbin's main event run will not be starting at SummerSlam this weekend.

First Sim League Title!

Cena is scheduled for the RAW after summerslam. I've heard some talk of him facing Brock at No Mercy so it's not looking good for Corbin winning Sunday.
    Last edited by redsox12; 08-17-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast