Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Ah yes...the irony in this statement. It's very rich.

Siemian was deemed a "career backup" before he even threw his first pass...but it's foolish to call a pick a bust in his second season...because being a project and all.

It is a foolish statement...but how it applies to one and not the other is pretty amusing to consistently see.
    Siemian is a career backup BK. You've watched enough football in your life to know it. You're being obtuse right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Then..you kinda don't know football if you're comparing Siemian to a hampster.

It must tough to admit for you guys but looks like Siemian is better than the uber potential/supreme upside/can only improve Paxton Lynch.
    You mean a guy that started a whole season is better than the guy who hasn't? A guy who's played in the league longer is better? A guy who's mentor was PFM while the others mentor is Trevor ****ing Siemian is better? Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Calling a player a bust when he shown little to regressive play is NOT foolish. If that player was selected in the lottery and doesn't show an immediate impact when given a chance to play can be called out as a potential bust at any time and a bust after assessing his lackluster play after the season. Reaching for a player in the first round, especially as a lottery pick that has shown nothing close to being a first round talent should cost the GM their jobs.

The only ones who would question this are homers not being able to admit it was a mistake which I have suffered from many times as well, trust me
    Lol now Dbroncs knows he's willing if he's agreeing with you.

Here's the thing BK. What do you see with Siemian that you think gives him the potential to be a franchise QB? What are you Siemian fans seeing that the rest of the world isn't? He's not all that accurate beyond 10 yards.... Even that TD throw was pretty poorly thrown. He can't make plays with his legs. He won't ever win you a game. So what gives him the potential to be a top 10 QB in this league?

And if he can't become a franchise QB and become a top 10 QB in the league, why the **** are we wasting our time with him?

My guess (And probably most people's guess) is that with Siemian we probably go 8-8 or somewhere around there.... Maybe a fringe playoff team. All that does is not give any answers on if we have our QB of the future, and takes us out of position to draft one of the very good QB's next year.

But to act like a 7th round pick who struggles throwing beyond 10 yards, isn't mobile, and doesn't have the ability to win you a game is somehow a franchise QB is just silly.

Ask yourself this question: Do we have a QB on this roster who can carry a team on his shoulders if needed? If the answer is no, then we need to find one.

I don't think anyone in this forum thinks siemian is a franchise qb, but I think a lot of people believe he is leaps and bounds ahead of Paxton. I hate both of these QBs, Trevor is a worse Kyle Orton and Paxton is way more than a project than most of us think. I'm thinking if Paxton can get the mental game right he still needs to fix his footwork and decision making and both of those could take a year each (that's how far behind he looks to me)

Most people are not trying to waste this defense just to see if Paxton can develop during the season. If Trevor gives me a shot at the playoffs at all he is my starter. Cause when you have a defense like the Broncos that's a major plus in the playoffs. It looks like the run game might actually be there this year and that would help siemian immensely. i dunno we will see maybe elway has a QB trade up his sleeve. I can only hope!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I don't think anyone in this forum thinks siemian is a franchise qb, but I think a lot of people believe he is leaps and bounds ahead of Paxton. I hate both of these QBs, Trevor is a worse Kyle Orton and Paxton is way more than a project than most of us think. I'm thinking if Paxton can get the mental game right he still needs to fix his footwork and decision making and both of those could take a year each (that's how far behind he looks to me)

Most people are not trying to waste this defense just to see if Paxton can develop during the season. If Trevor gives me a shot at the playoffs at all he is my starter. Cause when you have a defense like the Broncos that's a major plus in the playoffs. It looks like the run game might actually be there this year and that would help siemian immensely. i dunno we will see maybe elway has a QB trade up his sleeve. I can only hope!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Here's the thing. We are wasting this defense regardless. If we don't have a good QB, we aren't going anywhere. If we don't have "The Guy" under center the season will be a waste. It's not like Siemian if Matt Stafford.... He's like a less mistake prone Brian Hoyer.

I'll wait for the season to progress. Db is right with Trev and his ability to move the ball down the field. Paxton looks like he couldn't hit a side of the barn on a ton of his throws. I don't know if we have a starter caliber on the roster but I have more confidence in Trevor than I do Paxton.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Here's the thing. We are wasting this defense regardless. If we don't have a good QB, we aren't going anywhere. If we don't have "The Guy" under center the season will be a waste. It's not like Siemian if Matt Stafford.... He's like a less mistake prone Brian Hoyer.
    So you're saying he is better than Manning our SB year. And from what I have seen, he is better than Manning THAT year.

Listen, by no stretch of the imagination do I think Trevor is a franchise QB. But from what I've seen, he is by far the best QB on our roster, and just like Manning two years ago, he's our best chance at getting to the playoffs.

**** this mentality of giving up the season to upgrade our draft slot. You don't do that with this defense. You don't even think about doing that with this defense.

If Trevor even improves very slightly from last year, and he is accompanied by an actual run game...we will get to the playoffs. While it is crystal clear that Paxton, even with this defense and a run game, would provide us with a more inept offense than the one Tebow ran.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So you're saying he is better than Manning our SB year. And from what I have seen, he is better than Manning THAT year.

Listen, by no stretch of the imagination do I think Trevor is a franchise QB. But from what I've seen, he is by far the best QB on our roster, and just like Manning two years ago, he's our best chance at getting to the playoffs.

**** this mentality of giving up the season to upgrade our draft slot. You don't do that with this defense. You don't even think about doing that with this defense.

If Trevor even improves very slightly from last year, and he is accompanied by an actual run game...we will get to the playoffs. While it is crystal clear that Paxton, even with this defense and a run game, would provide us with a more inept offense than the one Tebow ran.
    No I don't think he is better than Manning was the super bowl year. Trevor still struggles reading a defense, still struggles adjusting at the line, and still can't make the big throws when it matters. Sure his arm is better than Manning's was, but that's it.

If we start Siemian all year, we're going to have to mortgage 2-3 drafts to improve the QB position.

No I don't think he is better than Manning was the super bowl year. Trevor still struggles reading a defense, still struggles adjusting at the line, and still can't make the big throws when it matters. Sure his arm is better than Manning's was, but that's it.

If we start Siemian all year, we're going to have to mortgage 2-3 drafts to improve the QB position.
    I'll take that chance when compared to the other option.

If you're okay with wasting this defense this year, that's you're choice. I'm not good with that, and starting Lynch would have zero positive net benefit. Zero. This guy is Brock 2.0, whom you also championed to replace Manning.

Lynch is not good. That is clear.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

The point of playing is to win.
    I am officially on the Trevor train.
    Paxton is woeful - maybe he develops and maybe he doesn't. He is simply not a starter.
    Trevor all the way - as far as the TEAM can take us. Let the chips fall where they may.
    Sloter and Kelly are more interesting to me than Lynch.
    Lynch is too frantic for me. I was thrilled when we got him in the draft, but not anymore.

Siemian is a career backup BK. You've watched enough football in your life to know it. You're being obtuse right now.
    I rather be rhomboidal.

I watched enough football to know that there is such a thing as a hidden gem. And that a franchise QB is very very hard to find/develop.

We had to wait till Peyton Manning...an already established QB to fall into our laps in order to get a true franchise QB.

It's risky business to tank for one...it's risky business to give up all your assets for someone that you think can be one.

If you don't have a squad that can compete any time soon...then sure..tank away. Get "your" guy. 76er it to your hearts content. You'll lose all the respect though.

We win from now on. Tanking does not apply.

With the heaviest of hearts, I have to say that Paxton can be likened to none other than Timothy "DJ Christ" Tebow.

Everything he does looks like a painstaking, arduous struggle and I'd love to get into specifics, i.e. his footwork etc, but it simply isn't worth anyone's time.

Passionately articulating his "ceiling" after actually watching him play is nothing more than a wish, hope, and prayer -- in that order.

I'm deeply saddened and disappointed about that particular 1st round selection, but it is what it is. A rocket arm attached to a 6'7" hole in the head.

However, with what I've seen from Siemian, I'm not quite ready to give up on my excitement for this upcoming season...especially with this boisterous, ballhawking defense in the fold.

I still believe Trevor is on the right side of the Ryan Fitzpatrick spectrum -- without the constant portend of an impending implosion on the field. He's got the zip, accuracy, and I do see some cerebral aptitude.

I'm gonna root for him.
    Last edited by LaLa_Land; 08-21-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Here's the thing BK. What do you see with Siemian that you think gives him the potential to be a franchise QB? What are you Siemian fans seeing that the rest of the world isn't? He's not all that accurate beyond 10 yards.... Even that TD throw was pretty poorly thrown. He can't make plays with his legs. He won't ever win you a game. So what gives him the potential to be a top 10 QB in this league?

And if he can't become a franchise QB and become a top 10 QB in the league, why the **** are we wasting our time with him?

My guess (And probably most people's guess) is that with Siemian we probably go 8-8 or somewhere around there.... Maybe a fringe playoff team. All that does is not give any answers on if we have our QB of the future, and takes us out of position to draft one of the very good QB's next year.

But to act like a 7th round pick who struggles throwing beyond 10 yards, isn't mobile, and doesn't have the ability to win you a game is somehow a franchise QB is just silly.

Ask yourself this question: Do we have a QB on this roster who can carry a team on his shoulders if needed? If the answer is no, then we need to find one.
    This franchise QB or bust mentality is exactly how you become the Browns. And that's your biggest issue. There is no such thing as a sure thing franchise QB. You have to either develop them or be fortunate enough to be able to buy one if they are available.

In both cases you're going to need a TEAM in order to be legit contenders year after year.

With the team that we have right now...I do believe we are fully capable of making the play-offs. Once you get in there...anything goes.

This is 2015 all over again. "Give up on Peyton, lets see what we have in Brock...we're wasting this defense anyway."

If they listened to what you said...we would of never won a Superbowl. Bottom line mg, you DON'T WASTE defensive talent when you have it.

Hell, I just saw power rankings that had us as a top 10 team...and that's solely on defensive prowess.

Meaning if we get just an average production from offense. We're a bonifide contender. Top 5 team.

2013 was the greatest offense that never won a title. 2015 was one of the worst offenses that won a title....both cases due to defense.

In both of his starts Siemian has improved. I've said all along that this system fits Siemian very well. I'm simply intrigued to see what he can do when McCoy gets to real game calling/planning.

Of course he's going to still struggle reading a defense/adjusting at the line. It's his SECOND year playing. What QB has it all figured out by his second year starting? That stuff requires TIME. Whats' important is...is he building off of it? Is he showing improvement? Frankly, he is. It may not be as flashy as you want but he is doing everything in a respectable manner considering the circumstances.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast