Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 94
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    10,616
    Trevor is so far advanced, it's not even fair.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lansdale, PA.
    Posts
    5,036
    You must be watching the game with Trevor colored glasses then. Yes Trevor has looked better. However it's not anything special. I've seen better play from a hampster. We are screwed at QB this year

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    10,616
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    You must be watching the game with Trevor colored glasses then. Yes Trevor has looked better. However it's not anything special. I've seen better play from a hampster. We are screwed at QB this year
    Trevor lookedhe new the offense.Trevor looked like he had the more accurate arm and Trevor actually
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    24,255
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Semian remind you of Brian Griese?

    Well, Hello There!

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lansdale, PA.
    Posts
    5,036
    Trevor reminds me of a less athletic Brian Hoyer

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,899
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's not an Overaction. Paxton has looked horrific these two games while Trevor has looked like a QB. It is literally not even close. I mean not a competition at all. What was impressive during Trevor's stint is that he used both sides of the field. Paxton couldn't hit a WR beyond 3 yards of the LOS. And that's if he didn't take off and run. He is honestly worse than Tebow this preseason.
    It is an overaction. Calling a player a bust when his second season hasn't even started yet is foolish. Look at how Drew Brees started his career. Not saying Lynch will be Brees, but it's too early to write him off.... Especially when it was known that he is a project.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    24,255
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It is an overaction. Calling a player a bust when his second season hasn't even started yet is foolish. Look at how Drew Brees started his career. Not saying Lynch will be Brees, but it's too early to write him off.... Especially when it was known that he is a project.
    Yes, indeed!

    Since Elway made such an investment he will give him every opportunity to succeed.

    Well, Hello There!

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotte, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,452
    Lynch wasn't great, but I don't think he played awful. Way too conservative for sure. But let's say he connects with DT where the DB blatantly got away with holding DT, That was a great throw and a BS no call. Instead of 9/13 and 40 yards, he's 10/13 for 75 yards and a TD. Does that change things? If Fowler isn't held in the end zone, does he make that TD? Maybe, Resulted as a PI in the end zone either way. I wasn't thrilled with Lynch pre draft and post. Cause he was always deemed a project and we were coming off a SB.

    Should we be disappointed in the lack of progress? Definitely. He was always 2-3 years away though.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,354
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    You must be watching the game with Trevor colored glasses then. Yes Trevor has looked better. However it's not anything special. I've seen better play from a hampster. We are screwed at QB this year
    Then..you kinda don't know football if you're comparing Siemian to a hampster.


    It must tough to admit for you guys but looks like Siemian is better than the uber potential/supreme upside/can only improve Paxton Lynch.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,354
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    It is an overaction. Calling a player a bust when his second season hasn't even started yet is foolish. Look at how Drew Brees started his career. Not saying Lynch will be Brees, but it's too early to write him off.... Especially when it was known that he is a project.
    Ah yes...the irony in this statement. It's very rich.

    Siemian was deemed a "career backup" before he even threw his first pass...but it's foolish to call a pick a bust in his second season...because being a project and all.

    It is a foolish statement...but how it applies to one and not the other is pretty amusing to consistently see.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Lynch wasn't great, but I don't think he played awful. Way too conservative for sure. But let's say he connects with DT where the DB blatantly got away with holding DT, That was a great throw and a BS no call. Instead of 9/13 and 40 yards, he's 10/13 for 75 yards and a TD. Does that change things? If Fowler isn't held in the end zone, does he make that TD? Maybe, Resulted as a PI in the end zone either way. I wasn't thrilled with Lynch pre draft and post. Cause he was always deemed a project and we were coming off a SB.

    Should we be disappointed in the lack of progress? Definitely. He was always 2-3 years away though.
    He improved from the Chicago game. You saw him clearly stepping up in the pocket more (which was nice to see). He was doing a better job actually being a QB....but.....there's no flow to his game. There is no control of the offense. And frankly his game is relying more on Tebow'ing it than actually making a throw that is on target.

    I don't like his throwing motion. I hate his accuracy. He still hasn't made an impressive throw. And for all the talk of his huge arm...he has yet to connect on anything deep. He's literally no better than Brock osweiler in that aspect. But hey..a deep ball in-completion is more exciting right?

    If we don't play the what if game with Siemian...I'm not going to play it with Lynch. Siemian's play was overlooked and deemed as a negative due to the opponents penalties and our running game working.

    But nobody mentions that Paxton's scoring drives started at the SF 11, Den 47, and SF 44. 2 directly in opposition field position and 1 pretty much at midfield. All the drives heavily influenced by a running game (or just him taking off like a RB).

    Kudos to the kid for not screwing up down there but he can't move an offense at this point and time. Even in this vanilla style McCoy is calling out and the vanilla defense being thrown out...he still looks out of place.

    Typically a good portion of rooks take a few years to see what you have....but not all teams have that patience to wait it out. Denver could easily draft another QB or allow Chad Kelly to, legitimately, compete for a starting gig next year...all of which is not in favor of Lynch.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,354
    bolles should of been called for 8 penalties. Not even joking. Gave up at least 4 pressures too...a couple of QB hits too I believe.

    But, I'm glad a game like this happened. It was a little too good on the play front from Bolles. We saw him get overpowered. Beat off the edge. Beat inside. Beat with technique. Frankly, he was whooped. This kid doesn't give a **** though. That's what makes him entertaining to watch.

    He still competed and you never really got the sense that it's going to be a glaring weakness over there. The skillset is there folks. He gets set really quick and he is quite the prick. NFL strength is a hard thing to compete with as a rookie and Bolles will get bullied occasionally but once he gets that strength....man we have ourselves a nice piece.

    Watson had a very nice bounce back game.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    29
    I was hoping for Paxton Lynch to play a bit better than he did last night. A couple of plays that frustrated me are the following:

    Q1 - 3 and 6 He passes it to a covered V. Green and throws it too high and a little behind him which gets deflected and puts ball at risk for int.

    Q1 or Q2 - He throws it to a reciever in double coverage incomplete when D. Thomas is running across the middle of the open field COMPLETELY wide open.

    I like Paxton and have been hoping for him to finally put it all together but today what I saw is his accuracy just isnt there and the decision making on some of his throws was questionable. He definitely showed flashes of being exciting and talented and I like how he can use his legs to get first downs but just didnt do enough tonight.

    T Siemian played well today and moved the ball. I have been pretty vocal about not liking Trevor for our QB this yr but I gotta admit he looked good and definitely played better than Paxton.....hate to say it but I think he won the job last night.
    Last edited by Kevhuge; 08-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    You must be watching the game with Trevor colored glasses then. Yes Trevor has looked better. However it's not anything special. I've seen better play from a hampster. We are screwed at QB this year
    Trevor lookedhe new the offense.Trevor looked like he had the more accurate arm and Trevor actually
    That makes so much sense to me


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's not an Overaction. Paxton has looked horrific these two games while Trevor has looked like a QB. It is literally not even close. I mean not a competition at all. What was impressive during Trevor's stint is that he used both sides of the field. Paxton couldn't hit a WR beyond 3 yards of the LOS. And that's if he didn't take off and run. He is honestly worse than Tebow this preseason.
    It is an overaction. Calling a player a bust when his second season hasn't even started yet is foolish. Look at how Drew Brees started his career. Not saying Lynch will be Brees, but it's too early to write him off.... Especially when it was known that he is a project.
    Calling a player a bust when he shown little to regressive play is NOT foolish. If that player was selected in the lottery and doesn't show an immediate impact when given a chance to play can be called out as a potential bust at any time and a bust after assessing his lackluster play after the season. Reaching for a player in the first round, especially as a lottery pick that has shown nothing close to being a first round talent should cost the GM their jobs.

    The only ones who would question this are homers not being able to admit it was a mistake which I have suffered from many times as well, trust me
    Last edited by eDush; 08-20-2017 at 10:46 AM.


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •