Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stanton Trade

Stanton Trade

I posted this thought in a different thread but curious to see how people feel. Would you guys be interested in a Deal for Stanton that Centered around Xander Bogaerts

Nope.

What's the point now?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

No, plus it would be Bogaerts, Devers, and Rusney Castillo (can't take all that money on)

nope not worth it at this point
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Devers and Bogaerts are you serious? I agree with the Castillo part. But what makes you think the marlins belive they can get an All Star SS and a top 5 MLB prospect in nothing more than a Chance to get out from underneath that Stanton contract. It would be similar to our contract dump of Crawford and Beckett. I would say Bogaerts-Rodriguez-Castillo gets it done. They get their star SS who loves Jeter. A P with plus potential and they get out of the Stanton Contract. They aren't getting a better package from the Dodgers or Yankees who I think would be the only competition. The fact you think Devers would have to be included with Bogey is laughable and I don't say that with any disrespect to you. Fact of the matter is I respect 99.9% of your posts. This being the .1%

Betts plus specs or Bogaerts plus specs for Stanton. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd do both if you really twisted my arm over it. Not trading Benny or Devers. Stanton's power is real and essentially guaranteed each year.

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

Thank you Brooklyn for the first pick in the 2017 draft. Markelle <3

Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    Betts plus specs or Bogaerts plus specs for Stanton. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd do both if you really twisted my arm over it. Not trading Benny or Devers. Stanton's power is real and essentially guaranteed each year.
    Betts & Bogaerts for Stanton? ABSOLUTELY NOT, there's no way in hell we make that trade. Let him go to the Yankees, then they can sign Harper, and we can move on Machado.

I think they could get a deal done with out Betts Bogaerts Bradley Benintendi or Devers. I just think that A deal around Bogaerts would be the best the Fish could get. I believe Any move that happens involving the sox wouldn't happen until the offseason anyway.

Stanton is going to be had "cheap" in terms of players given up, but high in years and dollars.

In the next 4 years his games played could likely be: 117, 78, 131, 103

In those same years, he'll be 100% physically healthy: 76, 31, 68, 57 (games)

So, no, I' not interested unless we can rub off Price on them.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Not sure if Stanton has any opt outs, but my guess would be that he stays in Miami, a whole new ownership group just took over and I imagine they will want to hold on to him for at least now.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Interesting video I watched about this topic this morning

https://youtu.be/ae2VMGA_I6I

I personally wouldn't give Benintendi Devers or Betts in any deal and I think I'd include Groome just because we are gonna need pitching prospects soon

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Not sure if Stanton has any opt outs, but my guess would be that he stays in Miami, a whole new ownership group just took over and I imagine they will want to hold on to him for at least now.
    He can opt out after 2020.

There is little to gain from dumping ourselves into this type of a trade market. His salary, his age and his injury history make him a non starter for me. I don't believe we have enough without including one Devers, and almost anything else of tangible value in our farm system. Also, hello boys it's been a while.

Tough one for me. We need power so bad. I really wouldn't mind an out field of Stanton Betts Benintendi or even JBJ and slide Betts back to 2nd and let Pedi be a bench guy. For his last couple years.

Could you imagine

Betts
    Benintendi
    Devers
    Stanton
    XB
    Vazquez
    Moreland
    Pedi

Fun line up to watch

But it would cost a ton. I wonder if a package starting with JBJ, Swihart, Castillo, plus++ would be enough if we took on most of the contract.

JBJ has nice trade value. Three years of control left, sterling defense, a sense that his bat might be at least slightly above average. However, MIA has already committed to Yellich long term in CF. I guess that they could move one of them to RF but I'm not sure that's where their greatest need is. They'd probably want an MLB regular in another position.

Swihart is damaged goods. Not only have his injuries kept him off the field over the last two years -- enough for serious doubt as to whether he'll be healthy enough to contribute -- but his lack of development at catcher has sapped pretty much all of his prospect value.

Castillo is making too much money for anyone to take a risk that his nice AAA season will translate to MLB success. The Sox will have to eat a lot of money and there's little reason to think that anyone would be interested let alone as a main piece for Stanton.

FWIW, their biggest area of weakness appears to be 3B. I'd be surprised if their ask did not start with Devers, one of JBJ/Benintendi, and Rodriguez. Solid performance in the OF, clear upgrade at 3B, and a potential #2 to go with Strailly. It'd require another piece or two. IMO the cumulative loss would far exceed the addition of that prodigious power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast