Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 686
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    Meh I don't really want another CSU lineman anytime soon. Ty was pretty strong evidence that the talent level of the MWC is pretty far below what you need to truly evaluate an offensive linemen.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,314
    Sounding like Andrew Lucks shoulder is a huge concern. Like may never play again concern. I didn't know where to put this as there have been trace amount of trade rumors about him and I wouldn't doubt elway be in on that.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,082
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Meh I don't really want another CSU lineman anytime soon. Ty was pretty strong evidence that the talent level of the MWC is pretty far below what you need to truly evaluate an offensive linemen.
    clady was MWC tho
    Scout the name not the helmet as they say

    Gimme Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield Please

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,082
    and im not saying premium pick either, just throwing out a name that stood out to me on tape and was impressed with. the other CSU OT has some upside as well.

    Gimme Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield Please

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,082
    I know Bronco fans don't want to hear it... but HONEST TO GOD we might be best not going QB this season... the more i watch the more I am underwhelmed. not many prostyle QBs. 2019 looks SO much better in that regard ESP if Darnold returns to school. This year the only surefire Franchise Arms are Rosen and Darnold but they have warts.

    Next year though there are some real gems imo that have me excited.
    Brantly from South Carolina is gem
    Fromm from Georgia
    Herbert from Oregon
    Stanley from Iowa
    ANd maybe Darnold on top of it

    Gimme Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield Please

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    I know Bronco fans don't want to hear it... but HONEST TO GOD we might be best not going QB this season... the more i watch the more I am underwhelmed. not many prostyle QBs. 2019 looks SO much better in that regard ESP if Darnold returns to school. This year the only surefire Franchise Arms are Rosen and Darnold but they have warts.

    Next year though there are some real gems imo that have me excited.
    Brantly from South Carolina is gem
    Fromm from Georgia
    Herbert from Oregon
    Stanley from Iowa
    ANd maybe Darnold on top of it
    I hate to tell you this, but Fromm can't enter the draft until 2020. He's a true freshman this year.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    And I believe you meant Jake Bentley from SC. Cool story because he actually graduated high school a year early to attend SC. So he's a year younger than most of his classmates. BUT there's no guarantee he leaves SC next season. So if Darnold doesn't go back to school, Fromm can't be drafted until 2020, and Bentley very well could be in the 2020 draft.... That makes the 2019 draft pretty damn weak tbh.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,082
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    And I believe you meant Jake Bentley from SC. Cool story because he actually graduated high school a year early to attend SC. So he's a year younger than most of his classmates. BUT there's no guarantee he leaves SC next season. So if Darnold doesn't go back to school, Fromm can't be drafted until 2020, and Bentley very well could be in the 2020 draft.... That makes the 2019 draft pretty damn weak tbh.
    NATE STANLEY! lol and bentley is gonna come out me thinks.
    Sucks about fromm you right.
    I also like Francois but need to see that leg...

    Either way we should go all in on Nate Stanley cuz Go Hawks

    Gimme Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield Please

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lansdale, PA.
    Posts
    5,036
    Screw it trade for Luck. Hopefully he becomes a younger at the time 2.0 version of Peyton for us. Already locked up for 4 years and at a reasonable price. 84 million with 30 guaranteed

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,314
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    Screw it trade for Luck. Hopefully he becomes a younger at the time 2.0 version of Peyton for us. Already locked up for 4 years and at a reasonable price. 84 million with 30 guaranteed
    Yup I'm thinking free agency is the way to go at qb for this team to remain "contenders"

    Would give Paxton a couple more years to develop if they would like to not just give up on him.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Yup I'm thinking free agency is the way to go at qb for this team to remain "contenders"

    Would give Paxton a couple more years to develop if they would like to not just give up on him.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Here's the thing with Lynch. The Broncos have completely ****ed up his development. QB's don't learn if they don't play. You can sit on a bench for however long you like, but there's only so much you can do. And the excuse of "Well he didn't earn the job" is bull ****. Very few rookies actually earn the job. Watson lost out to Savage in the preseason. Wentz only played because the Eagles traded away their starter for a kings ransom. Goff lost his battle to Keenum. Hell the Packers pushed out a first ballot Hall of Famer to start Rodgers. Big Ben was 3rd on the depth chart for the Steelers and only played because Charlie Batch and Maddox both got injured. The list goes on and on and on.

    That logic that Lynch must really suck because he can't beat out Siemian is lazy and ignorant. Of course he's not going to beat out a guy who has more experience in the NFL, and a full season of starts. Of course he isn't going to beat out a more polished QB. He's raw and it shows. But he's not going to become a polished QB working the scout team and watching a game.

    People are mad at Elway for hiring VJ, and not fixing the offensive line, but I'm mad at him for not speaking up and getting Lynch into the lineup. If anyone knows how a bad first season doesn't define a career, it's him.... Elway was miserable as a rookie. Broncos fans today would have written him off as a bust for sure. Instead he stayed quiet and we wasted 2 ****ing years on a 7th round pick who's ceiling is so low that Frodo would have to duck down. During that time, Broncos country has written Lynch off, and some are down right angry with him. Kubiak doesn't let him get any playing time in a meaningless week 17 game, and VJ might not start Lynch until there's no shot at the playoffs. His confidence might never recover, and that is 100% on the Broncos. And worst of all, we not only wasted 2 years on Siemian, but now if Lynch doesn't miraculously develop into a starting QB, we're wasting another 2 years to try and find a QB. It's just pathetic.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,082
    Drafted as the Denver Broncos today with the 9th pick in the Lombardi Draft Group on Facebook. Here is what I have through three rounds.

    1. Sam Darnold QB USC
    Surprised Sam fell to the 9th pick. I know there are some rumors he may stay in school and he has had has an up and down year, but I still love the skill set. Great size. Good athlete. Arm to play in a multitude of schemes. Yes the arm motion is not prototype and he needs to clean up his base (consistency is key in his drops/footwork), but has plenty of zip and apparently a wiz on the whiteboard. Darnold has been under the spot light and seems to come up big in the biggest situations. He is playing behind a sub-par oline this year but doesn’t seem fazed by pressure in his face. He needs to learn what throws he can and can’t make and do better against zone, but he has the goods to be a franchise QB. NFL Teams love him, and if he comes out he will be a top 10 pick. It’s no surprise the Broncos need new talent and blood at QB with Siemian/Osweiler/Lynch failing to take the position, Darnold can come in day 1 as the undisputed starter going forward and grow as a starter in Mike McCoy’s pass heavy power blocking scheme.

    2. Taven Bryan IDL Florida
    Mini-JJ Watt? While that may be hyperbole, Taven Bryan has been one of my favorite players in this entire draft class. One of if not the best get off in this entire class for the IDL (him or Hurst), the 6’4" 290 lineman is built for a one gap 3-4 scheme and can play 3, 4, and 5 technique. He also has the power to play two gap, but where he is special is as a pass rusher. His game against TAMU was the most dominant from an IDL I have seen all season. Needs to work on leverage as he can get stood up and pushed back, but as weight room and film room warrior, wouldn’t be surprised if he turned into one of the better pass rushing defensive linemen in game. With Broncos defensive line coach, the legendary Bill Kollar, being a mountain man just like Taven (Kollar from Montana, Taven from Wyoming) and the Broncos struggling to generate interior pressure this year, Taven could end up a home run pick.

    3. Brian O’Neill OT PITT
    The starting left tackle of the Panthers is having a fantastic season in the ACC. Coming in as a freshman, he was a 6’6" 230 Lbs tight end who converted to tackle. Over the past two years, he has worked to transform his body and is now up to 300 Lbs. Last year playing RT, he tied for the top 2 (with Connor Williams) for pass blocking efficiency. A very smooth mover in space and a clean kick step. He has improved tremendously in his ability to target lbs at the second level as well in the pass game. He will need to continue to add strength at the next level, but O’Neill is one of the best athletes at OT there will be this season. (Bonus. He is used often in trick plays and has a lot of ‘fat guy TDs’ in trick plays). Denver needs work on the oline, and I would have like to have gone there sooner, but the talent didn’t just fall that way. Luckily one of my favorite OTs in the class fell here and at worst, starts as a swing tackle while he continues to add strength and technique for the tackle position. In a division w/ Justin Houston, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa, and Melvin Ingram, getting an athlete with length for right tackle is huge going forward.

    3 (compensatory pick). Tyrell Crosby OG/OT Oregon
    Crosby has been a monster on the offensive line for the Ducks for the past few years. At 6’5" 320, Crosby blasts open holes in the run game and can double down on tackles or wipe out edge rushers. While not the most fleet of foot in his kick step, Crosby plays with balance and length to handle the edge at tackle. However, I think where he projects best at the next level is guard. He has experience at guard at Oregon as well and has played well there, especially in the run game! He could test well at the Combine and rise up, but he just doesn’t look to have the foot speed to hang full time at tackle in the NFL. With the Broncos struggling at LG the past 3 years, Crosby offers the power and athleticism and frame to step in and compete at left guard Day one for the Broncos.

    Gimme Josh Rosen or Baker Mayfield Please

    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    Baker Mayfield has the number one passer efficiency rating against ranked opponents in the country... It's 60 points higher than the second highest rated QB. The guy is a beast.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,314
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Baker Mayfield has the number one passer efficiency rating against ranked opponents in the country... It's 60 points higher than the second highest rated QB. The guy is a beast.
    Y'all keep hyping him and he won't make it to Denver lol

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,667
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Y'all keep hyping him and he won't make it to Denver lol

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Good. Then maybe that means Rosen makes it to Denver. Give me Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold and I'm a happy camper lol.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •