Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    I would not rate us as a good drafting team. I would really have to dig in and compare our drafts to 32 other teams, but I would probably rate us in the bottom 10. I mean outside of bolles we got nothing out of this past draft except possibly the worst punt returner in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I would not rate us as a good drafting team. I would really have to dig in and compare our drafts to 32 other teams, but I would probably rate us in the bottom 10. I mean outside of bolles we got nothing out of this past draft except possibly the worst punt returner in NFL history.
    Bottom ten? That's insane. We're top 15 for sure. Gotta give each class 3 years before you judge it

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Bottom ten? That's insane. We're top 15 for sure. Gotta give each class 3 years before you judge it
    Yeah I'm about as bummed on the 2017 draft as anyone. But if we can get Bolles, Walker, C.Henderson, D Henderson and Jake Butt all starters or legitimate contributors I will be stoked!! Give it time every one, even McKenzie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He just did my post over, but broke down each pick, which I respect the effort of. I read it all and disagree on some, as I broke down in my long ***** post. lol

If we did go and compare to every other team's Drafts, with all the huge steals and finds he has pulled in the last 7 years, I bet we'd be in the top five. Someone said bottom 10 LMFAO
    People act like we weren't a borderline dynasty up til 2 years ago.

Elway's only two real mistakes as a GM have been being too stubborn with "his guys" at QB, which he will probably learn from and get over this year; and letting go of a couple people we maybe should have kept.
    Vance might end up as one too, but you can't judge that yet.

And again people bashing on last year's draft not knowing what they're talking about, lol
    I will admit I am a homer, which is exactly what being a die-hard fan means, but all bias aside last year's draft looks awesome.
    Henderson and Butt, who could end up being the two best players of this draft, didn't even play. Which means they will be added to this years crop of 12 picks. 'I am very excited for this Draft'
    De'Angelo Henderson showed flashes of brilliance every chance he got. Bolles is going to at least be a solid tackle for years, maybe a great one. Walker was great in College, and like Gotsis and most rookies had a rough rookie season, and I believe will find his way. He is very talented.
    And like I said, the rest all still have potential and could end up being steals if they get a chance.

So wtf? That is an awesome draft. Idk what y'all are talking about. lol

I mean. I'm not going to say it was a good draft right now. I'd say it's looking more like a bust of a draft than anything... And a lot of that is because of coaching. I mean you have McKenzie who probably will never have the confidence to play in the NFL again thanks to VJ, and you have Walker who our dumb *** coaches had at edge linebacker all year.

Luckily a lot can change between years one and two.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post
    He just did my post over, but broke down each pick, which I respect the effort of. I read it all and disagree on some, as I broke down in my long ***** post. lol

If we did go and compare to every other team's Drafts, with all the huge steals and finds he has pulled in the last 7 years, I bet we'd be in the top five. Someone said bottom 10 LMFAO
    People act like we weren't a borderline dynasty up til 2 years ago.

Elway's only two real mistakes as a GM have been being too stubborn with "his guys" at QB, which he will probably learn from and get over this year; and letting go of a couple people we maybe should have kept.
    Vance might end up as one too, but you can't judge that yet.

And again people bashing on last year's draft not knowing what they're talking about, lol
    I will admit I am a homer, which is exactly what being a die-hard fan means, but all bias aside last year's draft looks awesome.
    Henderson and Butt, who could end up being the two best players of this draft, didn't even play. Which means they will be added to this years crop of 12 picks. 'I am very excited for this Draft'
    De'Angelo Henderson showed flashes of brilliance every chance he got. Bolles is going to at least be a solid tackle for years, maybe a great one. Walker was great in College, and like Gotsis and most rookies had a rough rookie season, and I believe will find his way. He is very talented.
    And like I said, the rest all still have potential and could end up being steals if they get a chance.

So wtf? That is an awesome draft. Idk what y'all are talking about. lol
    Ha I'm just not as big on some of the guys you called solid picks like Latimer and Williams and Garcia.....etc. But looking through the drafts and trying to remember them bumped elway up in my own mind. I went in thinking he was maybe league avg at drafting but his ability to select guys late in rounds is amazing and as I said if you add in his crazy undrafted finds it bumps him into top 10.

Elway just needs to do a bit better in 2-4 rounds that's really where you get value for the team and starters that aren't stars but quality players contributing game by game.

I think a ton of people are down in 2017 draft due to butt, Kelly, C.Henderson were all on injured reserve. Then guys like D. Henderson, Walker, Langley weren't given any shot in games and people are down on bolles cause he committed quite a bit of holds and had some tough games. A lot of this is more attributed to the coaching staff and choices to IR Butt and Kelly even tho they could have played. The 2017 draft has a chance to be a monster success on offense and give the defense a 3rd CB and an inside dline pass rusher that we need.

The 2018 draft could be monumental for the Broncos! If elway can hit on a player that comes close to the impact Miller has that will be huge! This draft and free agency could/should put us either in wild card contention or top seed contention and if elway can solve the qb conundrum and hit with a 2017 saints type draft. You're looking at super bowl contention IMO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We seem to have a similar grasp on our Squad, with the difference being I may be a little more of a "glass half full" type of person than you, lol.

I hated the Sly pick when it happened, and was stoked for the Latimer one. In retrospect, I got them backwards. Even though, I STILL think Cody could turn into something, but I can admit that may just be my bias towards any Bronco kicking in. Sly was a solid starter throughout his Bronco career, which is all I ask for to rate a late first as "solid". If you expect greatness out of all late first rounders, then yeah, he would be considered a bust of a pick.

So, to the initial point of this thread: the up-coming Draft! Which in any year that we didn't win the Division and at least win 1 playoff game, is my favorite time of the whole season.

When the Broncos suck, I get so depressed and turned off by football as a whole for some reason. Idk if I'm the only one. When we were awesome, I used to watch literally every game, condensed, each week. Watched our full games obviously, like three time, lol. This year I didn't watch any after the first month, until the playoffs. Struggled to find the motivation to watch ours, honestly.

Same goes for College. I paid less attention this year than I have in years. So that has been and will continue to be the most fun part of this off-season, going full on football-nerd mode and going back and diving into this year's crop.

I'm still very new to it, but how would others rank the QB class? Like top 5, assuming we ARE taking one?

My number one priority when it comes to QBs would easily be intelligence, which is the one thing I have no idea about with any of the guys this year. Which has also always been my only big worry with Paxton.
    But going off of talent and eye test alone, idk.
    We've tried the raw, prototypical, uber talented prospect with no real history of greatness twice now. I would stay tf away from that this time around and take Allen off the board, at least at this point not knowing much about him as a person.

Okay, so with the fifth pick, it would come down to a big 3 in Darnold, Rosen and Baker.
    Assuming picks 3 and 4 have zero chance of going QB, it'd mean AT LEAST one of them would fall, and I really like all three tbh.
    But let's say only the Browns take one ahead of us with one of their two picks, which means 2 of the 3 falls to us.
    Which would mean, as a Front Office, you would be able to set a top 3 QB board and guarantee yourself one of your top two.
    So how would you set the Board if all the pressure was on your shoulders to make the right pick?

Blindly off very small sample sizes of them playing, I think mine would be:
    1. Rosen
    2. Mayfield
    3. Darnold

And I'd honestly be fine with any of them. They all bring very different strengths and weaknesses to the table, but I'm not going to make this any longer trying to break all of that down. haha

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post
    We seem to have a similar grasp on our Squad, with the difference being I may be a little more of a "glass half full" type of person than you, lol.

I hated the Sly pick when it happened, and was stoked for the Latimer one. In retrospect, I got them backwards. Even though, I STILL think Cody could turn into something, but I can admit that may just be my bias towards any Bronco kicking in. Sly was a solid starter throughout his Bronco career, which is all I ask for to rate a late first as "solid". If you expect greatness out of all late first rounders, then yeah, he would be considered a bust of a pick.

So, to the initial point of this thread: the up-coming Draft! Which in any year that we didn't win the Division and at least win 1 playoff game, is my favorite time of the whole season.

When the Broncos suck, I get so depressed and turned off by football as a whole for some reason. Idk if I'm the only one. When we were awesome, I used to watch literally every game, condensed, each week. Watched our full games obviously, like three time, lol. This year I didn't watch any after the first month, until the playoffs. Struggled to find the motivation to watch ours, honestly.

Same goes for College. I paid less attention this year than I have in years. So that has been and will continue to be the most fun part of this off-season, going full on football-nerd mode and going back and diving into this year's crop.

I'm still very new to it, but how would others rank the QB class? Like top 5, assuming we ARE taking one?

My number one priority when it comes to QBs would easily be intelligence, which is the one thing I have no idea about with any of the guys this year. Which has also always been my only big worry with Paxton.
    But going off of talent and eye test alone, idk.
    We've tried the raw, prototypical, uber talented prospect with no real history of greatness twice now. I would stay tf away from that this time around and take Allen off the board, at least at this point not knowing much about him as a person.

Okay, so with the fifth pick, it would come down to a big 3 in Darnold, Rosen and Baker.
    Assuming picks 3 and 4 have zero chance of going QB, it'd mean AT LEAST one of them would fall, and I really like all three tbh.
    But let's say only the Browns take one ahead of us with one of their two picks, which means 2 of the 3 falls to us.
    Which would mean, as a Front Office, you would be able to set a top 3 QB board and guarantee yourself one of your top two.
    So how would you set the Board if all the pressure was on your shoulders to make the right pick?

Blindly off very small sample sizes of them playing, I think mine would be:
    1. Rosen
    2. Mayfield
    3. Darnold

And I'd honestly be fine with any of them. They all bring very different strengths and weaknesses to the table, but I'm not going to make this any longer trying to break all of that down. haha
    I'm with ya on the 3. Don't be super shocked if Allen somehow goes to the browns. Reports are they like him a lot.

If the colts choose to trade down to a Qb needy team and the Broncos aren't Involved and they don't have cousins they are screwed. 3 of the top QBs could go 1-2-3 Broncos could be left with q choice of Allen or Jackson or waiting later and taking lauletta in the 2nd(depending on his pro day and combine he can rise or maybe just be a late round pick).

I might not seem to stoked on our team but I'm higher on them than most Broncos fans. People say we are not even close to being a super bowl contender. I still believe we are close. Just gotta have a great free agency and draft. Also gotta hope VJ and the staff can take a step forward in the 2nd year
    Last edited by tmacsc2; 02-07-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    I really don't get why BK is so high on a quarterback whose ceiling is consistently above average... You are way too thirsty for an average quarterback BK. No average quarterback should be paid higher than Rodgers, Brady, cam Newton, Russell Wilson, matt Ryan, Carson wentz and the list goes on. You can't look anybody in the eyes and say when you think of any of those guys you immediately think of cousin's as well, there's No way on earth cousin's is worth 28 per, the redskins know it and that's why they are like too hell with it and letting him walk! Great franchise quarterback do NOT hit free agency ever dude...... It just doesn't happen. But here we are with an above average quarterback whose demanding 28 per because he knows at 30 year's old he's already reached his peek and he must get some moron team too cashhimoutside..... My gosh I hope it's not the Broncos. We will be sink into mediocrity for the next 5 years just like the skins were with cousin's.
    It takes like 3 seconds to realize the numbers Cousins has put up for the last threee Years is a ton closer to elite than average.

I think you got to put your eggs in the basket. I mean donít completely destroy your cap but no QB of Cousins health and production has hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    I'm with ya on the 3. Don't be super shocked if Allen somehow goes to the browns. Reports are they like him a lot.

If the colts choose to trade down to a Qb needy team and the Broncos aren't Involved and they don't have cousins they are screwed. 3 of the top QBs could go 1-2-3 Broncos could be left with q choice of Allen or Jackson or waiting later and taking lauletta in the 2nd(depending on his pro day and combine he can rise or maybe just be a late round pick).

I might not seem to stoked on our team but I'm higher on them than most Broncos fans. People say we are not even close to being a super bowl contender. I still believe we are close. Just gotta have a great free agency and draft. Also gotta hope VJ and the staff can take a step forward in the 2nd year
    Elway won't let that happen. I would be willing to bet my left nut that Elway trades up in the draft if he doesn't get Cousins.

Dude, I think besides the big three QBs, there is another big 3 in terms of guys who are so talented they could be number one picks.

Minkah is honestly who I'm rooting for us to get along with Cousins, because that combo would be SUCH a home-run and would allow us to seamlessly maintain our NO FLY ZONE with elite young guys while slowly, one at a time, moving on from the older Dstew-Ward-Talib trio.

Chubb could be, like, a Malik Jackson replacement on steroids, which would take the front seven back up to the Superbowl, all time level we have fallen a notch below since losing him. Our Pass Rush would be better than ever, which is a scary thought. So I'd obviously be ALL for this too.

And then there's Barkley, who is such a freak, man, he'd simply just change our Offence, which is desperately needed.
    As well as allowing us to get rid of CJ for cap. and then he and Booker could just destroy the League as an Elite, two-way, young combo for the next 4-8-10 years, extending each other's Career's. If we were high on McCaffrey, which I was as well, then we'd HAVE to be high on Barkley. He's the most exciting RB I've seen coming out since Gurley, and he's honestly probably better than Gurley was coming out.

Then throw in Nelson, who is all but guaranteed to be an All Pro G for his whole Career, and my god.

Usually I would be against paying Cousins like that over an option like these three young guys on Rookie Contracts, which would allow us to load the Roster around whichever young Franchise guy we got for the next five years, but when I see the other talent at the top of this Draft I can't help but jump all the way on the Cousins band-wagon so we can land one of these other 4 elite guys.

There's just so many dynamics we can go if we nab Cousins. He's the piece that will jumpstart us back to contention for the next 5 years.

Do we want to add a new toy to help him? Then Barkely. Want to make sure he is secured? Then Nelson.

Want to maintain a potent rush to help Von Miller? Then Chubb.

I would say no to Minkah. The talent is there but we all saw what an elite secondary can do without a rush. It's painful. We're going to have to rely on the development of our younglins and the (gasp) coaching to get us quality prospects there...I don't want to spend a premium pick on something we don't really need in excess right now.

I still haven't made up my mind really. First and foremost...I want Cousins. If we don't get Cousins...then that pick is QB. No questions ask.

I have said that if Barkely is there at 5...you take him...but this class is awesome at RB. So you don't have to take him there. If a guy like Chubb is available...you really need to start thinking because Von is still very much in his prime and it would be a damn shame if he went on in his later years just him trying to save the world. He needs a partner. This needs to be addressed.

And of course...we have been a bit without top talent on the o-line. If we nab cousins...you kinda want to protect the guy right?

The best of all worlds....would probably be to stack up. Trade down. Nab an upper tier Willy Hernandez at OG and a guy like Tavon Bryan (yes Cy, you have converted me) then it sets you up for a quality RB...and a nice piece at OT during the mid rounds.

Still going to take me awhile to decide...but good thing FA is before the draft so that way we get a real idea of what we're gunning for.

Trading down is always so enticing, especially if a team is doing it for a QB and we got Cousins, which is the ONLY way I'd consider it. Buuuut, I don't think I could, considering there are four all-pros at the top, and AT LEAST one QB is going, and we're at five. It sets up too perfectly to pass on one of them, imo.

If we don't get Cousins the whole conversation just turns to the QB Board, which will be just as exciting as if we got Cousins and one of the other guys, tbh. It's a win-win in my book.

Man we've picked in the top 5 like twice in the last twenty years....I don't want to squander this opportunity. These are the picks that get you difference makers, and we need difference makers. This is what I want out of this pick.

1. One of the top QB's. I like them all, and honestly I'm growing on Allen. I think I might even take Allen over Darnold at this point. Rosen and Mayfield are still my top 2.

2. Chubb. If we get Cousins, then we need to get Von some help. This guy is devastating and we're going to have a lot of youth in our secondary next year. The young secondary's best friend is a great pass rush, and this guy would give us a great pass rush. He can put his hand in the ground, but he started his college career at linebacker so he might also be able to be a stand up edge. You want to bump our defense back into the elite category, then this is the best way to do it.

3. Barkley. The guy is a beast. We need playmakers on offense, and this guy will give us a lot of much needed explosiveness.

That's really all I want out of this pick. I don't want to move down unless it's only a couple spots and one of these guys are still available. I don't want to draft a guard in the top ten much less top five. A pick this high needs to be for a player who is going to have a bigger impact than an interior offensive lineman.

Don't do what the Browns do every year. Don't keep trading down just to get value when you need difference makers, and there aren't a lot of difference makers in any draft.

I couldn't agree more. Our D needs an elite young Play-maker again to re-energize just as much as our O.
    I think Butt could be Julius Thomas 2.0, and Carlos Henderson reminds me a lot of Randall Cobb. Booker is also going to be special I believe. Janovich also could be an awesome weapon for a FB is he's used right, or at all really.

Most of our super young talent is on Offense, so using this draft to re-load the D would be awesome, assuming we get the QB in FA, of course.

The biggest possibilities of impact Vets who could be gone are Stew, Talib and Davis on D; and Green, CJ and one of DT or Sanders on O. If we did trade down, that MLB out of Florida State I believe is who I'd love. He's a freak athlete, which would be awesome to have next to Marsh.

Lemarcus Joyner is, like, my favorite Non Bronco in the entire League. If we could land him and Malcom Butler as younger replacements for Stew and Talib, with Roby moving up to Talib's spot and Butler taking his, that would be my dream scenario.
    And then if we do get rid of one of our receivers, I'd LOVE either Sammy Watkins or Jarvis Landry as an electric, younger, speed demon replacement with still a lot of potential to grow.
    I really like Aaron Colvin from the Jags, too.

I went through and put together a top ten FA wish list for every position, lmao
    OLB, CB and WR are the deepest position groups in FA.

Some other specific guys I'd LOVE to get are:
    Sheldon Richardson
    Jimmy Graham
    Nate Solder **
    Aaron Lynch

Just some favorites of mine. Honestly if we actually did get one single guy I mentioned I'd be giddy, lol

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast