Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 966
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't want Smith or Taylor over Lynch tbh. If it's between those 3, I'd rather Lynch actually get a shot to be the guy.
    No question about it. I agree, Paxton showed me improvement Week 17 to be seriously considered aging vets/re tread QB's needing another job. I would make the exception for Cousins though


    The Benefits of Being the 2016 Super Bowl 50 Champions!

    In Elway I Trust

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Denver will go after Cousins. If they don't get him, they will turn to draft nabbing one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

    If they nab Cousins, look for Nelson, Smith, or Barkley. They are not as high on Derwin or Minkah as Draft Media is right now (although Derwin is slipping).
    Cy, are any of the QB's you mentioned going to start Day 1? If we miss out on Cousins and bring one of top rated QB's, do we let them sit and have Paxton start until they take the job from him?


    The Benefits of Being the 2016 Super Bowl 50 Champions!

    In Elway I Trust

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Look I've been the biggest Lynch supporter out there. I think the fans have been incredibly hard on him. That said, when you aren't willing to put in the work to be the starting QB, your don't deserve to be given the spot. Lynch has not assumed leadership, is not in his playbook enough, and doesn't understand that he's got to be setting an example for everyone else. Part of that is the Broncos fault because they never gave him a vet backup to show him what he needs to do at the NFL level, but it's also on him because he has been lazy thus far in his career.

    If the Broncos sign Cousins, they're done with Lynch.

    If the Broncos draft a QB top 5, they're saying that Lynch has to blow them out of the water in training camp in order to start.

    If the Broncos draft a QB in the second round, they're saying that from what they've seen in the off-season, they think Lynch finally gets it and he will start.

    I don't think the organization is as ready to move on from Lynch as the fans are. But I do think they aren't happy with him and his leash is very short.
    IF they draft a QB with a top 5 pick...Lynch is done. You only start Lynch just to up trade value....but even then they will be risking the development on their prized top 5 pick.

    Don't mess around with your top 5 pick. Musgrave didn't want to work with Lynch, Joseph didn't want Lynch starting....this top 5 pick (if they don't get cousins) is going to be THE guy.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    watch. He is suffering from Jabrill Peppers syndrome. Struggled at pure S looks but not big enough for pure LB. FSU shoulda let him stick at one position and grow because his instincts at S right now low and S is one of those positions where if you are a tick slow or your hips/feet are off, you will be exposed.

    I love derwin the athlete, i would take him top 15, but I'm telling you right now many scouts I have spoken w/ have him late round 1 because of the issues I listed.
    Struggled at safety? Lol dude you obviously didn't watch any fsu this year

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I've got Derwin early round 2 tbh.
    Lol thank god we are just message board folks, there is noway hes a day two prospect

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,918
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    Lol thank god we are just message board folks, there is noway hes a day two prospect
    I was over exaggerating because you were. You think he's worth a top 5 pick when in reality he's middle of the first round.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by trustjoseph View Post
    struggled at safety? Lol dude you obviously didn't watch any fsu this year
    lol ok dude

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    IF they draft a QB with a top 5 pick...Lynch is done. You only start Lynch just to up trade value....but even then they will be risking the development on their prized top 5 pick.

    Don't mess around with your top 5 pick. Musgrave didn't want to work with Lynch, Joseph didn't want Lynch starting....this top 5 pick (if they don't get cousins) is going to be THE guy.
    This is far from the truth, Joseph wanted to win and thought Trevor was his best shot, Musgrave had zero to do with it, lynch has actually gotten better under Musgrave.

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,452
    Id be thrilled if Alex Smith came here, but I cant see it happening. Chiefs wont be trading him to us and he wont be released. Rather roll with Lynch over Taylor though. Neither give us a better chance to win, but at least Lynch gives us a chance to get a top 5 pick next year.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    32
    Let's say we do miss out on cousins...If we draft a QB at 5 do we sign someone like McCown or Fitzpatrick and have the rookie sit behind him for a year or two and learn? We havent had that veteran leadership at QB since Peyton so maybe that's what has stunted Paxtons development

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    lol ok dude
    Remember who you're speaking with...

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    This is far from the truth, Joseph wanted to win and thought Trevor was his best shot, Musgrave had zero to do with it, lynch has actually gotten better under Musgrave.
    Lynch played against a **** Oakland team and KC's **** defense...**** 2nd and 3rd team defense I might add.

    Slow your roll bruh. Joseph wanted to win so he started Trevor. Absolutely the right choice. Musgrave had a comment where the decision to "start Lynch was above his pay rate"....read between the lines...Musgrave didn't want Lynch as his starter. Neither did Joseph...which is why he went with Trevor. All Paxton had to do was hit like 5 good throws in the preseason and the job would of been HIS. This competition was rigged from the get go. He couldn't even do that.

    If top 5 draft pick goes to QB...Lynch is done.



    Quote Originally Posted by Thefranchise18 View Post
    Let's say we do miss out on cousins...If we draft a QB at 5 do we sign someone like McCown or Fitzpatrick and have the rookie sit behind him for a year or two and learn? We havent had that veteran leadership at QB since Peyton so maybe that's what has stunted Paxtons development
    Then we're using much needed cap space for bridge that really won't help us compete.

    If we're going to go get a vet...then we get someone that will help us win.

    I'd say just throw the kid out there and take our lumps. It's a top 5 pick...throw him out there.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Denver will go after Cousins. If they don't get him, they will turn to draft nabbing one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

    If they nab Cousins, look for Nelson, Smith, or Barkley. They are not as high on Derwin or Minkah as Draft Media is right now (although Derwin is slipping).
    Roquan Smith??? Seriously? An ILB with all our needs? Wow!
    Please elaborate....I wouldn't have thought that. I was all in on Reuben Foster last year, but......

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    15,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefranchise18 View Post
    Let's say we do miss out on cousins...If we draft a QB at 5 do we sign someone like McCown or Fitzpatrick and have the rookie sit behind him for a year or two and learn? We havent had that veteran leadership at QB since Peyton so maybe that's what has stunted Paxtons development
    Nope. If we draft someone that high, we'd likely sign a vet as a backup to mentor the rookie but the rookie would start. I don't want another high draft pick QB who has to sit and learn. Doc just did a mock on Twitter and he gave us Darnold at 5. Even as raw as Darnold is, I'd want him to start right away.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Roquan Smith??? Seriously? An ILB with all our needs? Wow!
    Please elaborate....I wouldn't have thought that. I was all in on Reuben Foster last year, but......
    Denver is actually interested from my understanding.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,115
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Nope. If we draft someone that high, we'd likely sign a vet as a backup to mentor the rookie but the rookie would start. I don't want another high draft pick QB who has to sit and learn. Doc just did a mock on Twitter and he gave us Darnold at 5. Even as raw as Darnold is, I'd want him to start right away.
    I would sign McCown just to see what happens.

    Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb


    #GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •