Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Broncos' Christmas Wishlist: Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

big board piece! enjoy

We need to fix the oline but get rid of Trevor he is garbage

Do you guys think Josh Allen will perform similarly to Paxton Lynch? In regards to Allen not being able to develop quick? Thereís been a few mock drafts with the Broncos maybe taking him. Who knows though.... I do like the idea of taking best tackle, and maybe Quarterback 2nd round. So many options. Would like to get another Malik Jackson. This defense needs it badly
    Last edited by Denverbronco007; 12-07-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Wrong info

I like the Conor Williams pick early. That could help a ton. I havenít followed College football the last few years. Is Conor legit? If Broncos are picking top 5 they need to hit on this pick.

Conner Williams is a stud. BUT if we don't sign Cousins in FA, and we draft Williams, I will consider it a failure. Getting a legitimate QB on this roster has to be priority number 1. Williams is nice, but with the hope of Bolles to develop some more, you can't go for a tackle round one if you don't have a QB. If we end the season with the 5th pick and don't want to hand Cousins the keys to a Brinks truck, we need to find a way to get the first or second overall pick and draft Rosen or Darnold. If that's not possible, trade back a few spots (With the value of the 5th pick we could pick up an extra second or third round pick to drop a few spots in the first), draft Mayfield, and address the offensive line day two of the draft.

Tbh I don't even think we need to draft a LT. If we drafted a guard and a RT, I think that would help tremendously. Move Leary back to where he belongs at LG, and having that stud veteran next to Bolles will help him exponentially. Replace RG and RT because both Garcia and Watson suck.

The positions I think we desperately need for this offense are as follows:

QB
    RG
    RT
    Slot WR

If those 4 positions are addressed, and if Butt can be the TE we hope he is, this offense could improve greatly.

That said. Signing Cousins, drafting Williams, and moving Bolles to RT sounds good too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Conner Williams is a stud. BUT if we don't sign Cousins in FA, and we draft Williams, I will consider it a failure. Getting a legitimate QB on this roster has to be priority number 1. Williams is nice, but with the hope of Bolles to develop some more, you can't go for a tackle round one if you don't have a QB. If we end the season with the 5th pick and don't want to hand Cousins the keys to a Brinks truck, we need to find a way to get the first or second overall pick and draft Rosen or Darnold. If that's not possible, trade back a few spots (With the value of the 5th pick we could pick up an extra second or third round pick to drop a few spots in the first), draft Mayfield, and address the offensive line day two of the draft.

Tbh I don't even think we need to draft a LT. If we drafted a guard and a RT, I think that would help tremendously. Move Leary back to where he belongs at LG, and having that stud veteran next to Bolles will help him exponentially. Replace RG and RT because both Garcia and Watson suck.

QB
    RG
    RT
    Slot WR

If those 4 positions are addressed, and if Butt can be the TE we hope he is, this offense could improve greatly.

That said. Signing Cousins, drafting Williams, and moving Bolles to RT sounds good too lol.
    if rosen or darnold arent there I don't want to take QB just for QB sake. I think those two are for sure Franchise Caliber Arms, but after that you add a lot of risk at least drafting top 8. I get wanting QB (i do too) but you also have counterpoint of the 2011 draft where you had gabbert and ponder be selected around HOF players.

Not that this class is 2011... but still lol

I'm worried about williams a tick just based on his length and size. He may be 6'4" w/ shorter arms. If so, still a top 10 player to me (even at G...) but would be a G.

QB
    RG
    RT
    Slot WR

I would argue flanker WR over slot. I still have faith in letting Carlos Henderson develop there... but Sanders is VERY LIKELY gone in the offseason and DT is getting older

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    if rosen or darnold arent there I don't want to take QB just for QB sake. I think those two are for sure Franchise Caliber Arms, but after that you add a lot of risk at least drafting top 8. I get wanting QB (i do too) but you also have counterpoint of the 2011 draft where you had gabbert and ponder be selected around HOF players.

Not that this class is 2011... but still lol

I'm worried about williams a tick just based on his length and size. He may be 6'4" w/ shorter arms. If so, still a top 10 player to me (even at G...) but would be a G.
    Well I don't think Mayfield goes top 8 unless he blows people away at the combine and pro day. That's why it's integral for Elway to execute his plan to perfection. Hell he could even sign Cousins, trade to number 3, and draft Barkley.

We either need a lot of help from other teams winning so we can get up to pick 2 or we need the 49ers to get that pick back so that we can trade with them. Browns fired their GM this morning, so it's pretty clear that they're going to take a QB instead of trading.

Trade back a few spots and nab McGlincey. Trade up and grab Nelson. Maybe trade up again in the 2nd for a QB or possibly a guy like Chubb. That's the route I'd like to see if Elway isn't head over heels on a QB.

I know McGlinchey and Nelson both isn't very likely, but it'd really set the foundation for the OL. Plus you'd already have chemistry between your LT and LG.

IDK how reliable this site is, but they were claiming Broncos saw Nelson as the top OL prospect. Can't say I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Trade back a few spots and nab McGlincey. Trade up and grab Nelson. Maybe trade up again in the 2nd for a QB or possibly a guy like Chubb. That's the route I'd like to see if Elway isn't head over heels on a QB.

I know McGlinchey and Nelson both isn't very likely, but it'd really set the foundation for the OL. Plus you'd already have chemistry between your LT and LG.

IDK how reliable this site is, but they were claiming Broncos saw Nelson as the top OL prospect. Can't say I disagree.
    from what I know, he is not their top ol prospect. He has the highest grade but that doesn't account for positional boost to score

Well with yesterday's win I guess we have no shot either Rosen or Darnold. I guess it's all aboard the Cousins hype train now.

Alright Doc here's a question for you. McShay came out with a mock draft that had us taking Josh Allen at number 5. If you had to choose between Allen or Mayfield, who would you choose? And I already know you don't want either at pick 5, but if you had to choose, which one?

I've been watching a lot of Allen tape, and I think he's getting a bad rep. He does a lot of things really well, but for one reason or another it hasn't translated onto the stat sheet. He's raw, but the comparison to Lynch is completely inaccurate and frankly, lazy. I honestly think he'll shoot back up the board when he starts the draft process.

Also what do you think of Rashaad Penny?

Alright Doc here's a question for you. McShay came out with a mock draft that had us taking Josh Allen at number 5. If you had to choose between Allen or Mayfield, who would you choose? And I already know you don't want either at pick 5, but if you had to choose, which one?

I've been watching a lot of Allen tape, and I think he's getting a bad rep. He does a lot of things really well, but for one reason or another it hasn't translated onto the stat sheet. He's raw, but the comparison to Lynch is completely inaccurate and frankly, lazy. I honestly think he'll shoot back up the board when he starts the draft process.
    Mayfield for me. Allen just too erratic. He will go round 1 though, but after having to go through a raw guy w/ lynch, im not about it round 1 this year.
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 12-14-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast