Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nykol View Post
    I think Cousins may officially be out of the Broncos price range based off of Jimmy G's new deal. 27.5/yr average. 90 in the 1st three years and 75M guarantee over 5 years. Cousins contract would be slightly north of this.
    I don't think this changes much. Broncos can make the contact a little bit bigger or similar with higher guarantees. the Browns and Jets were always going to be able to outbid us.

Apparently been seeing Kirk has said the Vikings are #1 according to some source? The speculation I have heard is Vikings looking to attain 2 of their 3 QBs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Apparently been seeing Kirk has said the Vikings are #1 according to some source? The speculation I have heard is Vikings looking to attain 2 of their 3 QBs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That source was a Vikings radio host and he said "If the money's right, the Vikings are right up there".

I have heard not vikings lol broncos and cardinals most likely. Won't know about jags until bortles wrist passes physical or not

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Man I hope we DONT get cousins......wayyyyyy to expensive. Draft Rosen or Mayfield and spend the monry to build around them.

K, I've always had it in my head that coming to the Broncos for Kirk meant taking QUITE a bit less money in the name of "winning", you know? OR that he'd take a series of 1 year, "prove it" type of deals the way that Peyton did.

I know to the outside world we appear to be in the exact same Boat as the 49ers, and maybe I'm delusional, BUT to me we are in a TOTALLY different stage than they are. We are an Elite team that is aging and has lost its QB. Which anyone who knows Football would agree, losing your QB would land the most talented teams ever in the top five of the Draft when the replacements produce as poorly as ours have.
    The Niners on the other hand have traveled all the way over that hill and are in COMPLETE rebuild mode. They got rid of EVERYONE from their last legit team, and are starting completely over. Kinda like the same exact position the Jets or Browns are in.

We are trying like hell to take the Patriot route of "re-tooling", instead of that complete rebuild s**t. When you're a young team void of Elite Veteran talent, you pay a Garoppolo or Cousins that type of Money. When you're in our position, where your "standards" are supposed to be higher, you DO NOT. That would wreck our current Talent core. Only a Manning or Brady or etc. is worth doing that, not a Kirk Cousins.

So with that said, I won't buy for one second that Elway would compromise everything like that giving Cousins that type of Contract, as I genuinely believe he's one of the most intelligent GMs in the League. But if he does, as again, I believe in him, I will choose to simply trust him. But I really hope he doesn't do that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post
    K, I've always had it in my head that coming to the Broncos for Kirk meant taking QUITE a bit less money in the name of "winning", you know? OR that he'd take a series of 1 year, "prove it" type of deals the way that Peyton did.

I know to the outside world we appear to be in the exact same Boat as the 49ers, and maybe I'm delusional, BUT to me we are in a TOTALLY different stage than they are. We are an Elite team that is aging and has lost its QB. Which anyone who knows Football would agree, losing your QB would land the most talented teams ever in the top five of the Draft when the replacements produce as poorly as ours have.
    The Niners on the other hand have traveled all the way over that hill and are in COMPLETE rebuild mode. They got rid of EVERYONE from their last legit team, and are starting completely over. Kinda like the same exact position the Jets or Browns are in.

We are trying like hell to take the Patriot route of "re-tooling", instead of that complete rebuild s**t. When you're a young team void of Elite Veteran talent, you pay a Garoppolo or Cousins that type of Money. When you're in our position, where your "standards" are supposed to be higher, you DO NOT. That would wreck our current Talent core. Only a Manning or Brady or etc. is worth doing that, not a Kirk Cousins.

So with that said, I won't buy for one second that Elway would compromise everything like that giving Cousins that type of Contract, as I genuinely believe he's one of the most intelligent GMs in the League. But if he does, as again, I believe in him, I will choose to simply trust him. But I really hope he doesn't do that. lol
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbad View Post

Elway isn't that dumb or thirsty fr a QB that he'd be willing to go 6-10 the next 4 yearse aslong as he has a quarterback who can throw for 25 touchdowns and 10-11 ints..... Slightly above average type of play..... Alex Smith type of play....

I will get behind one of these rookies before I ever condone wasting cash on cousin's

Honestly, it doesn't matter what Elway ends up doing. He's still going to get grilled. This fanbase is so spoiled it has turned to whatever choice Elway makes...it's going to be scrutinized.

PFM's contract. Von Miller's contract. Letting Malik walk. Not ponying enough for Calais Campbell (Shannon Sharpe mentioned that by the way)..etc etc.

Elway will do what he's always done. Set a number...maybe give a little leeway...but that's it. He won't butcher everything for Cousins.

Part II of our Potential Future Broncos Quarterback Episode. The Huddle Up Podcast was once again joined by Inside the Pylon Quarterback Guru to breakdown Wyoming's Josh Allen, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield, and UCLA's Josh Rosen, as well as some day two and three sleepers!

https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...ncos-115229044

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA7XoMRPO8&

Hey Guys!

We are answering some draft questions today on the Huddle Up Podcast 2018 Draft Show!

If you have any questions as it pertains to the #Broncos and the upcoming NFL Draft, please respond on here or @ me on twitter @NickKendellMHH!

Leave the question as a reply here with your name! (just first name works, unless you want me to say your screen name)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Hey Guys!

We are answering some draft questions today on the Huddle Up Podcast 2018 Draft Show!

If you have any questions as it pertains to the #Broncos and the upcoming NFL Draft, please respond on here or @ me on twitter @NickKendellMHH!

Leave the question as a reply here with your name! (just first name works, unless you want me to say your screen name)
    I do have a question Cy...

Will the Broncos look to possibly draft players who didn't play for/vs. them in the Senior Bowl? Elway seems to typically like to draft players who the team has met with during this time period (minus the super prospects who declined to play in this game)

-Ryan

The Benefits of Being the 2016 Super Bowl 50 Champions!

In Elway I Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan4life View Post
    I do have a question Cy...

Will the Broncos look to possibly draft players who didn't play for/vs. them in the Senior Bowl? Elway seems to typically like to draft players who the team has met with during this time period (minus the super prospects who declined to play in this game)

-Ryan
    Thank you and added!

With the pass rush taking a step back in 2017, and Ray and Barrett's future undetermined, the Broncos may look to add edge rushing talent fairly early in the draft. The guys in this article are three of my favorites at the 3-4 edge spot that any team could target day 2 to add pass rush, coverage, and athleticism to the position.

https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...rt-I-115359510

Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast