Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    That's why I want us to sign Cousins and draft Barkley. Get o line day two. That's the absolute quickest way to turn this offense around... And it would turn it around in a big way.
    Yes yes yes! I hope we don't ignore the defense completely though. Talib might be gone so we need to make sure our "no fly zone" doesn't take a hit.

Langley is going to surprise.

still team darnold. turnovers are a concern but i still think he has highest upside and most NFL traits i look for when watching a QB. That said, he pry is best off not being thrown into NFL fire

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Broncos are coaching the senior Bowl North team and Baker Mayfield will be their QB.

Yes!!! Both Rosen and Darnold declared for the draft!

Allen MIGHT have the highest upside of all the quarterback. He's probably my favorite one of the bunch.

However I don't think we will draft a quarterback with the 5th overall pick, I think we will take the elite left tackle and kick bolles over too RT and end up with a beast OL that consist of #5 overall pick, McGovern and Leary at guard and bolles at RT with paradis at center and all of a sudden you have a dallas cowboys type of OL that's elite and will give Paxton or Kelly the best chance at succeeding.

You don't go OT with a top 5 pick unless that dude is sure fire going to solve the issue and keep it solved.

Top 5 are skill position players.

The way I see it IF we land a guy like Kirk Cousins and Joseph is still on about his "juice and swagger" to the offense

then we go Barkley at 5.

Remember how badly the Broncos wanted Christian McCaffrey last year? They were definitely looking to trade up for him.

Lets just say Barkley is better than C-mac. Much much better.

I will always remember Tom Nalen's words of "never using a first round pick on a RB" but for THIS kid...and for a QB like Cousins....I'll overlook it.

If we don't get Cousins. We have to go QB. No other option.

If we get Cousins and can't get Barkley.....then I'm okay with an OT.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    You don't go OT with a top 5 pick unless that dude is sure fire going to solve the issue and keep it solved.

Top 5 are skill position players.

The way I see it IF we land a guy like Kirk Cousins and Joseph is still on about his "juice and swagger" to the offense

then we go Barkley at 5.

Remember how badly the Broncos wanted Christian McCaffrey last year? They were definitely looking to trade up for him.

Lets just say Barkley is better than C-mac. Much much better.

I will always remember Tom Nalen's words of "never using a first round pick on a RB" but for THIS kid...and for a QB like Cousins....I'll overlook it.

If we don't get Cousins. We have to go QB. No other option.

If we get Cousins and can't get Barkley.....then I'm okay with an OT.
    First let me say that it's nice seeing you in the draft thread.

No offense to Tom Nalen, but he played for a coach who is one of the best in NFL history at evaluating running back talent. Say what you want about Mike Shanahan, but the guy found uber productive running backs in the later rounds consistently.

I've always thought the notion that you shouldn't draft a running back in the first round is incredibly ignorant and overblown. There are absolutely times that a running back should go in the first round. If they have the ability to be massive game changers, you go and get them. Just look at the last 5 running backs taken round one.

Fournette
    McCaffrey
    Zeke
    Gurley
    Gordon

Those guys are all monsters in the NFL (For different reasons, but still). Fournette had 40 more rushing yards than CJ even though he's a rookie and played in 3 fewer games. McCaffrey had almost 1,100 rushing and receiving yards and caught 80 passes... As a rookie. Zeke and Gurley are two of the top 3 backs in the NFL, and Gordon had 1,100 rushing yards, almost 500 receiving yards, and 12 total TD's this year.

So yes.. running backs should be taken round one if their talent warrants it.

Barkley is ****ing special. If he is there, you take him. Talk is the Browns are thinking about taking him #1 overall and using that 4 pick on Josh Allen.

Also Alex Smith to Cleveland deal is written up. Just waiting on season to end. Was told Cleveland 2 and 5 for Smith and conditional pick.

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Barkley is ****ing special. If he is there, you take him. Talk is the Browns are thinking about taking him #1 overall and using that 4 pick on Josh Allen.

Also Alex Smith to Cleveland deal is written up. Just waiting on season to end. Was told Cleveland 2 and 5 for Smith and conditional pick.
    That would be awesome! Allen is the QB I really don't want. I could also see the Giants keeping Eli and drafting Darnold. That opens the door for us to trade up two spots with the Colts and grab Rosen.

First let me say that it's nice seeing you in the draft thread.

No offense to Tom Nalen, but he played for a coach who is one of the best in NFL history at evaluating running back talent. Say what you want about Mike Shanahan, but the guy found uber productive running backs in the later rounds consistently.

I've always thought the notion that you shouldn't draft a running back in the first round is incredibly ignorant and overblown. There are absolutely times that a running back should go in the first round. If they have the ability to be massive game changers, you go and get them. Just look at the last 5 running backs taken round one.

Fournette
    McCaffrey
    Zeke
    Gurley
    Gordon

Those guys are all monsters in the NFL (For different reasons, but still). Fournette had 40 more rushing yards than CJ even though he's a rookie and played in 3 fewer games. McCaffrey had almost 1,100 rushing and receiving yards and caught 80 passes... As a rookie. Zeke and Gurley are two of the top 3 backs in the NFL, and Gordon had 1,100 rushing yards, almost 500 receiving yards, and 12 total TD's this year.

So yes.. running backs should be taken round one if their talent warrants it.
    Nah, Nalen is right more often than not. RB's are a dime in a dozen. Always have been...always will be.

Hunt just won a rushing title, his rookie year, and he was a 3rd rounder. Jordan Howard just finished in the top 10 in rushing again...and he's a 5th rounder. Kamara averaged 6.1 yards on the ground his rookie year...also a 3rd rounder.

Yea, you have your first and second round RB's up there in the top 10 as well but it's been proven you can get big time production from the RB spot without having to invest a premium draft pick on it. And hell, this draft is evidently loaded with RB's. So value is across the board.

If you're going to use a top 5 pick on a RB....it better be a franchise changing type RB. Luckily, it looks like Barkely fits that narrative..

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Nah, Nalen is right more often than not. RB's are a dime in a dozen. Always have been...always will be.

Hunt just won a rushing title, his rookie year, and he was a 3rd rounder. Jordan Howard just finished in the top 10 in rushing again...and he's a 5th rounder. Kamara averaged 6.1 yards on the ground his rookie year...also a 3rd rounder.

Yea, you have your first and second round RB's up there in the top 10 as well but it's been proven you can get big time production from the RB spot without having to invest a premium draft pick on it. And hell, this draft is evidently loaded with RB's. So value is across the board.

If you're going to use a top 5 pick on a RB....it better be a franchise changing type RB. Luckily, it looks like Barkely fits that narrative..
    Well see how long those other guy's keep it up once team's start game planning against them though, the special elite one's you can game plan against and still get slaughtered. Barkley has a chance to rush for 1700 and have about 500 catching oit the backfield with about 20 touchdowns total. Kid is amazing and would definitely be worth the number one overall pick because that's exactly where hes going..... Too the Brown's with the top pick.

That would be awesome! Allen is the QB I really don't want. I could also see the Giants keeping Eli and drafting Darnold. That opens the door for us to trade up two spots with the Colts and grab Rosen.
    Would we need to trade up for him if that case happened? 1.barkley/Allen 2.Darnold 3.Defense player 4.Allen/Barkley 5.Rosen/Baker? I guess the jets could try to jump us.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guess Bengals and Cardinals maybe bills could be in play for top spot trades.

Looking at some later talent. I like what I see, hoping Broncos trade back up in the 1st to grab someone that falls.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You'll still get slaughtered...only if you have a viable QB option. QB driven league. Barkely will eventually be stuffed without a QB.

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast