Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    This isn't draft related but the Broncos did Jamal Charles dirty this season. And continue to do him dirty by not out right releasing him since they don't and aren't going to use him. I'm actually ashamed at the Broncos for this. I was never a big CJ fan so in my opinion Charles should have been the starter and Hendo should have been #2. Cut CJ and Booker #3.
    The Broncos plan on bringing Charles back next year so keeping him fresh is a good thing, Anderson is the one who won't be back. Booker, Charles, Henderson should be the 3 backs next year unless a studI slips and falls in our lap.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Ok guy with a "trust joseph" username lol. That post was made Nov.20. McGovern didn't start a game until December 3.

Broncos also considering letting go paradis and sliding McGovern to C and getting a guard like norwell in free agency would be huge just like Leary was excellent this last year.

The only reason I put decker in as an option is because he could be cheap and he is a proven slot/2 receiver. This again was before latimers "semi emergence" as a 3rd WR

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Your right, sorry I didn't view the date of the post. But yes if paradis leaves then McGovern could be a option at center if he's smart enough? All I know is this guy has come on strong lately. So has latimer since he's actually getting opportunity..... Hopefully Paxton gives him some good looks during the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I think we found the new version of ET.
    Why would I be compared too an old movie?

That was a goos movie as a kid though, I think I cried once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Breaking down the New Years Six Bowl Games from an NFL Draft Perspective: Part 1.

Covering the best prospects and matchups in the:
    Ohio State Buckeyes vs USC Trojans in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, Washington Huskies vs Penn State Nittany Lions in the Playstation Fiesta Bowl, and Wisconsin Badgers vs Miami Hurricanes in the Capital One Orange Bowl.

If you are a draft fanatic like myself and want to watch these games with an eye on future NFL players, this is preview is for fellow nuts like you!

You can also find the podcast on iTunes Podcasts under 'Huddle Up', on Stitcher for Androids, and audio up on Youtube under 'Mile High Huddle'.

https://scout.com/nfl/denver-broncos...rt-I-112783052
    I know this is a long shot but what if we ended up with the penn state back? How would you feel about that selection?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustJoseph View Post
    I know this is a long shot but what if we ended up with the penn state back? How would you feel about that selection?
    Getting Cousins and drafting Barkley is my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    While im not as sold on kirk cousins I do believe that saquan is a franchise changing RB..... That guy is going too be very very special.

Starting to wonder if the Broncos punting on OT till day 2 and double dipping would be the smartest move.

From what I saw from this year’s tape, Connor Williams struggled vs Maryland, struggled first half of Texas, got injured but then came back and did great against WVU. Didn’t look like the same player from his sophomore year to start this season. Has some false steps and can be late off the ball. Also needs more depth in his first step. Connor Williams is very aggressive in his pass sets and can move downhill and outside the hash marks rather easily. Needs to stay balanced though and better ‘catch’ in his pass reps. The run reps are great but Big 12 dominance on the ground isn’t a huge deal lol Add in the knee and you have some variability there. I still think he has highest upside from what I have seen but the knee needs to test well and he has to measure at least 33". One thing I love about Williams is versatility (assuming he makes minimum arm length). I think he could play across the line at LT, LG, RG, and RT. If he doesn’t succeed at LT, you have a lot of other options to go with him and still get value. He looks like he could be a GREAT G (honestly I would have him up with Nelson at G… more athletic than the ND guard) but obviously more value at LT.

Mike McGlinchey is safest bure tackle of the lot, I think could be a very good RT (was awesome there as a freshman at Notre Dame) but limited LT. Just lacks the athleticism in his pass reps and going to second level you want at that left tackle position. Does a much better job in combo as well (that may be due to Nelson though lol) something that an RT is ‘gifted’ with more often. McGlinchey is very consistent with his hand placement and the depth of his footwork. He is this classes Ramczyk really. Technically proficient and best day 1 tackle imo, but athletic upside is limiting reagent to his ability. He is very long, but has struggled against edge rushers w/ length/bend/athleticism (see vs Malik McDowell and Joseph Jackson).

Orlando Brown Jr is a wildcard as well. I can see the size and moves well considering, but in Denver 360 is extremely concerning. You can see in his tape he wears down from the first half to the second half pointing to conditioning problems, and he plays rather stiff and upright as well, looks rigid in his hips and doesn’t transfer weight the best (either due to his height, weight, or combo of both). He just doesn’t look athletic enough to be an island blocker at left tackle in the NFL unless you run a scheme that uses a lot of two tight end sets, making Brown Jr somewhat schematically limited. HE LOOKS like a pure Power Scheme Right Tackle to me. I don’t see the mobility to be a zone heavy tackle (or pass reps to be an LT at all in the NFL), but he is also likely too tall to be a guard. At 6’8" (pry closer to 6’9") Orlando Brown shows some leverage issues, a real shocker… but that issue would be amplified at guard in my opinion. Not only with his height clogging some pass lanes (smaller issue… competent QBs can make up for it but it’s worth mentioning). Bigger issue is leverage. Defensive Tackles are more squat and powerful than ends are typically, and Brown would lose a lot of his power because he would be losing leverage constantly at guard. If Brown tests off the charts at the combine, I will change my tune, but I feel he is very limited positionally and schematically.

Martinas Rankin is currently my second rated offensive tackle. I really enjoy the progress he made this season from last season. He too is another offensive lineman that shows versatility across the line (has shown it, rather than just having it projected). Rankin has taken snaps at all five positions on the offensive line. Rankin needs to keep adding strength as he can get beat by power and not finish blocks because his block did not sustain, but he is so proficient in both his footwork, movement, and hand usage. Martinas is the king of leverage, always playing balanced and in control of his movement whether in his kick step or climbing to second level. Extremely hard worker that has added about 50 lbs since entering JUCO. Just moves very efficiently. Listed at 6’5" 307 but want to see how he truly measures.

There are a number of other tackles to watch for as well. Someone I have been high on for months that is starting to pick up steam is Tyrell Crosby. Another versatile OT w/ attitude and power. Some questions about his athleticism but will be one to watch out. People hype Royce Freeman but every time I watch Oregon my eyes get pulled to Crosby.

Jamarco Jones of Ohio State is one worth noting. He plays a tad up right but the length and athleticism are there to be a tackle. Just needs to learn to stay balanced. Easier said than done. Also can be sloppy with his hands, carries them low and doesn’t fight for inside hand placement. Athletic and size tools are there.

Brian O’Neill is an athletic tackle who has some buzz and a likely day 2 player. Moves well and has been adding technique and power. Former TE who converted to OT and has ability to move in space as well as any in this class. He really needs to keep adding strength and technique because right now he looks light and has some issues when engaged with linemen. Kind of has some Bolles in his game but Bolles better run blocker at Utah in my opinion.

Chukwuma Okorafor has size and movement skills for days as well but when I watch him he really lacks punch and nasty. Pry a better zone blocker because I don’t think he can really move guys off the point of attack with how he plays right now. Wish I could get my eyes on his game vs USC but even against ‘meh’ MAC opponents, he left me wanting.

I have only watched Kolton Miller in passing, so do not feel great about commenting on him right now. He has size and moves well and looked okay in pass blocking, but watching UCLA my eyes were on Rosen, so a deeper dive is necessary into Miller’s tape from myself. UCLA hasn’t blocked well, but an offensive line is usually as bad as it’s worst piece (or two worst pieces). I have watched even less Cole Madison from Washington State, but if he does well at Senior Bowl I will revisit. I really dislike Luke Falk and the Air Raid system (I’m a Hawkeye Fan… give me 12, 21, 22 formation with QB under center all day!) so WSU tape is something I don’t enjoy watching haha

You also have to be intrigued by some of the small school offensive tackle talent. Desmond Harrison is a guy getting a lot of buzz. Great size and looks powerful on tape for West Georgia, but against pretty meh competition. Looks athletic for size and powerful, and was a high recruit. Kicked off of Texas though for a failed drug test (not sure extent of this issue). Senior Bowl will be great for him and to find out more about the kid.

There is also Alex Cappa from Humboldt State. Been told he is a late day 2 candidate but could rise after a good week in Mobile at the Senior Bowl. Good size and moves well also. Looks to flatten guys and can get to second level. Hasn’t been this much buzz for a much smaller school offensive lineman in a few years for senior bowl, probably since Terron Armstead and Ali Marpet, so Cappa is one to watch out for.

There is also Brandon Parker of North Carolina A&T and Timon Parris from Stony Brook, both Senior Bowl invites. Brandon Parker looked good in the Celebration Bowl against Grambling State but I need to do more work on him. He looks really big and decent strength and athleticism for his size, but that could be based on who he is playing and talent that is around him. Looks a touch stiff and upright as well. Moves to second level well, but needs to add technique and strength but has starter traits if developed. I haven’t watched any Timon Parris but again, if he makes some noise at Senior Bowl, I will dig in some more to see. From what I have heard he is a candidate to be a guard as well.

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

The Broncos plan on bringing Charles back next year so keeping him fresh is a good thing, Anderson is the one who won't be back. Booker, Charles, Henderson should be the 3 backs next year unless a studI slips and falls in our lap.
    Charles will not be back. No way.

While im not as sold on kirk cousins I do believe that saquan is a franchise changing RB..... That guy is going too be very very special.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLgF5D_Adkg&t=24m23s

Talked about Saquon here

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Then double dipping on oline day 2 with the other pick being CB or ILB

Sign Kirk Cousins
    Draft
    1. Saquon Barkley RB PSU
    2. Tyrell Crosby OG/OT Oregon
    3. Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
    3c. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt State

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Then double dipping on oline day 2 with the other pick being CB or ILB

Sign Kirk Cousins
    Draft
    1. Saquon Barkley RB PSU
    2. Tyrell Crosby OG/OT Oregon
    3. Isaiah Oliver CB Colorado
    3c. Alex Cappa OT Humboldt State
    I would absolutely love this. Without a doubt the best plan imo. Only problem is I think Oliver turns into a late first round pick by the time it's all said and done.

I think I'm out on Kirk(shut up doc) if he wants 27-28 million that's too much to take on with von at 20 million. If we go free agency I wouldn't mind looking at Keenum if the Broncos could get him for under 20 a year.

I'm gonna agree with the people that have said 2 players taking up 30+% of the cap usually doesn't pay off historically.

Draft might be the way to go and maybe we should hope for a top qb to drop. If not grab an o lineman and then take another gamble on mason Rudolph.

I dunno I'm really split on which way the Broncos should go. Confused as well. Fugggg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A comprehensive look at the upcoming Tackle Class written by yours truly

https://nflmocks.com/2017/12/28/2018...ensive-tackle/

Just my opinion but Kirk is going to cost us way too much and is he the only piece we need...No. I don't think we have our QB of the future yet and now is our best chance to grab one, even if we have to move up a few spots. We do still need a tackle if we're going to do anything in FA rather try and grab one there. If Elway and Co can't seem to evaluate a good QB then we need to bring in someone who can. Sorry to say it but we're def in rebuild mode.

So it's been reported that the Browns won't take Rosen first overall and they might actually want to trade down. Now Gettleman comes out and says that he wants to keep Eli Manning next year. I don't think they take a QB number 2 overall if they keep Manning. If Darnold comes out, it's now become a higher chance that we get one of the top two QB's. Still not super likely but the door isn't completely shut on the possibility.

Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast