Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What will happen this game?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trubisky comes back to earth

1 12.50%
  • Glennon lights it up

0 0%
  • Cohen gets a td

7 87.50%
  • Floyd gets a concussion

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Preseason Week 2: Chicago Bears (0-1) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-1) | 8-19 | 9:00 pm CDT

Code:
    Preseason Week 2 @ University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona[/B] Saturday, August 19 at 9:00 PM CT TV: FOX 32
    Click For More Stats
    Preview:
    Betting on the Chicago Bears
    Point spread: +3.5

Mike Glennon threw a pick-six in his first ever drive as a Chicago Bear during the teamís 24-17 loss at home to the Denver Broncos in Week 1 of the preseason. Glennon finished the game with just 20 passing yards on 2 of 8 attempts to go with an interception. Still, the Bears had at least one positive takeaway from that game with rookie Mitch Trubisky putting up a solid performance in his preseason debut, passing for 166 yards and a TD on 18 of 25 completions.

Bears head coach John Fox, however, maintains his position in sticking with Glennon as the starter at least for the game against Arizona. That being said, Trubisky should earn a considerable amount of snaps given his solid Week 1 performance.

The Bearsí rushing game might take the limelight away from the quarterback, though, after Chicagoís backfield compiled 173 rushing yards against Denver with Benny Cunningham and Tarik Cohen leading the way with 41 and 39 rushing yards, respectively.

Betting on the Arizona Cardinals

Point spread: -3.5

Maybe seeing the Bears stubbornly use Glennon is a gift that would keep on giving for opposing secondary units. Thatís what the Cardinals would like to see this Saturday as they host Chicago in Glendale. Arizona is 1-1 in this offseason with a 20-18 loss to the Dallas Cowboys in the Hall of Fame game and a 20-10 bounce-back victory at home over the Oakland Raiders last Saturday.

Carson Palmer made his preseason debut against the Raiders and looked a bit out of sync, as the 37-year-old QB threw for 39 yards on 4 of 8 passing with a touchdown. Drew Stanton also made an appearance for the first time, going 11 of 15 with a touchdown.

While itís uncertain whether both quarterbacks will get at least the same workload or even make an appearance at all, Arizona winning a game gives them some sort of momentum heading into Week 2 of the preseason. Rookie wide receiver Chad Williams is questionable to play against the Bears with a shin injury and if he does, itís another failed opportunity for him to make a case to be a starter next season. Williams, who also missed the Raiders game, was the Cardsí third-round pick in the last NFL Draft.

Writerís Prediction
    Arizona wins, 24-21.
    Last edited by blams; 08-15-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Love Tarikkkkk. Mr. Pace should nod his head for this draft class. (I know it's early). It's funny how Eddie isn't even on the depth chart for FS. He is for KR. I know pre season depth charts don't mean jack but still. Who do ya'll like better as a returner, Eddie or Tarik? Different breeds

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    off topic but off-season thread closed. any news why long was fighting?????

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Looking forward to see who steps up this week.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Think he's just a hothead, haven't seen any info as to what exactly happened.

Click here to register!

He was mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    He was mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    about.......

I mean. I get frustrated. I get he wants to pound on some guys because he is injured and can't yet. but that doesn't to me explain why he got into a fight with two other players.

I have looked around. and no mention of a guy taking exception to a football play (hit or late block. you know. the usual) it makes me wonder if it was more personal.

I mean. I know it's a stretch. but long is from Charlottesville. wonder if it had something to do with that. somebody said something jokingly ( like I saw your white brothers on the news. ) and it was taken the wrong way.

-Rem Koolhaas

about.......

I mean. I get frustrated. I get he wants to pound on some guys because he is injured and can't yet. but that doesn't to me explain why he got into a fight with two other players.

I have looked around. and no mention of a guy taking exception to a football play (hit or late block. you know. the usual) it makes me wonder if it was more personal.

I mean. I know it's a stretch. but long is from Charlottesville. wonder if it had something to do with that. somebody said something jokingly ( like I saw your white brothers on the news. ) and it was taken the wrong way.
    Well, if he is being accused of being a Nazi I'd understand him getting pissed off.

I wouldn't fret about it. This isn't the first time he's been in a fight. He's just a bit crazy lol.

Click here to register!

Could just be frustrated with the whole Charlottesville situation and he's definitely embroiled in it from a social media perspective. His frustrations might have just gotten the best of him.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Could just be frustrated with the whole Charlottesville situation and he's definitely embroiled in it from a social media perspective. His frustrations might have just gotten the best of him.
    His brother Chris has definitely been extremely vocal on Twitter, so I can imagine Kyle is pretty pissed off about it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyways, this is a big game for Trubisky. If the QB performances carry over from last week, you gotta imagine the thought of making Trubisky the starter will begin to creep more and more into Fox's mind. He has no choice but to play the best guy. His job is on the line.

I still don't think Sanchez should see the field. we know what he is. we know he isn't good. we know he is there more as a crutch for mitch than an asset for our team. and the only way Sanchez should play over Mitch is if you know Mitch isn't ready. and are trying to grow him slowly and protect him.

the problem is. you really don't know that he isn't ready unless you play him against more quality. and pre season is the perfect time to do that. no real risk of failure. no need to keep him in if things are going poorly.

test the waters with him let him go #2 this game and if all goes well. start him in game 3. (but keep glennon the starter. )

I really don't care if he plays this year. higher pick and whatever. but I want to see what this kid can do. even if it's only in pre season.

-Rem Koolhaas

As for Kyle Fuller, sure, thereís a chance heíll bounce back. He was a useful player in his first two seasons. Iíll admit that as an outsider who is following all 32 teams instead of deep-diving into the world of the Bears, I canít figure out what the deal is between Fuller and the Bearsí management. He had an injury. It happens. They suggested last year he was being lazy, then this year they say heís working hard. I donít know why theyíre chomping at the bit to minimize this player. Reminds me of Eric Rowe, a second-round pick the Eagles soured on. Bill Belichick plucked him away and he was a useful boundary corner for the Patriots last year, allowing Logan Ryan to move into the slot. Maybe this is a ďneeds change of sceneryĒ psychological situation but if Iím another team that needs a cornerback, I would like a chance to be part of that change of scenery.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...os-kyle-fuller

I was reading from someone at camp that the fight was between Kyle and Hroniss Grasu and that Hroniss was heard saying something like "hey man chill out I was only trying to help." And then Kyle head butted him with his helmet a handful of times.

Then the two saw each other a bit later and spat a few words but otherwise nothing happened there.

So it sounds like Hronnis was giving unwanted advice? Not sure but overall doesn't seem like a big deal.

Grady giving Long advice seems...odd.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast