Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Career Choice. Satisfied?

Are you happy with your choice of career?
    If not what kept you from doing what you want to do?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I guess. I am good at it, get paid decently, and am in a position where i see myself advancing. I would gladly stop going tomorrow or right now. I guess i could do what I really love but to quote Dave Atell "its hard to get a job in a chocolate factory run by big breasted hookers"

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Good thread by the way Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Not really. I would do things differently if I were 20 and knew the outcome of my life currently, when it comes to profession.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Not really. I would do things differently if I were 20 and knew the outcome of my life currently, when it comes to profession.
    We have a winner.

x3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I work in healthcare. I would call it a good job, but not a great job, and that I am somewhat satisfied. If I had it to do over, I would've chosen a different path.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Being a musician and a business owner, I'm very satisfied. It was a hard road until here and it feels like at anytime it could all be taken away, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Outside of the typical entry level jobs such as being a lifeguard or pizza delivery guy, I've never worked for the man per se. Money has never mattered much to me. I just want just enough to be able to do what I want. I buy time, time to do what I want, not objects.

Don't get me wrong, I still have regrets regarding gigs I've blown or missed out on. Some really bother me and make me wonder "What if?", but there's nothing I can do about that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I work in Mechanical Engineering for a medical device company. I like it quite a bit. But if I had to go back and do it all again I would try to become a lawyer instead.

yeah if I could do it all over again, I would have gone into the Air Force, or Navy.

I also had the opportunity to take over an existing martial arts school 10 years ago, and passed. I regret it to this day.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I wish i took a different path in life, i work on the railroad and its not a easy job.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Thrilled.

It'd a job, yes. But it's also an extension of my life. Much more than just a paycheck.

There are drawbacks, of course. Nothing is perfect. But, I love my career and the opportunities that it provides. Biggest regret is that I stumbled into it so late.

yeah if I could do it all over again, I would have gone into the Air Force, or Navy.

I also had the opportunity to take over an existing martial arts school 10 years ago, and passed. I regret it to this day.

Start your own now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

I am a middle school math teacher and I coach freshman basketball. On the last day of school I called an impromptu meeting with some peers to discuss how we could improve some lessons for next year. Why? I am a nerd lol. I love teaching. I really do. I dont make a lot of money and I have twins that turn 2 in November so that pisses me off because I feel like I work really hard and the compensation is disappointing. I have a Masters in Math Education too and still mid 50s after 10 years. I would say I love my day to day I just wish i didn't have all this stress about money.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I haven't started my career yet (3rd year medical student) but given how much stress I've been through I wish I would have just majored in something lucrative and started working as soon as I graduated college.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast