Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hard to run the ball when they've spent no money or picks on improving the oline. Almost every failure this year can be tied back to the oline issues.

Chargers are terrible against the run, so I think people may have a false sense of improvement after last game. Darkwa loks good, but dropped some easy passes, so he failed to bail out Eli while he's under pressure. Eli is going to have to survive on checkdowns the rest of this season. Definitely need more Gallman than Darkwa.
    I think that Gallman is by far our best shotgun RB, but there's still room for Darkwa in this offense. One of the differences in this game that I saw was a little bit more commitment to it. Remains to be seen if they are going to rely on it even more in the following weeks, now that we're in big trouble at the WR position.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I think that Gallman is by far our best shotgun RB, but there's still room for Darkwa in this offense. One of the differences in this game that I saw was a little bit more commitment to it. Remains to be seen if they are going to rely on it even more in the following weeks, now that we're in big trouble at the WR position.
    Well they were able to commit t more to the run because it was working. But it was working because the chargers run d is a disaster. Denver is gonna bring us back to earth on that front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they were able to commit t more to the run because it was working. But it was working because the chargers run d is a disaster. Denver is gonna bring us back to earth on that front.

I guess the skeptical in me agrees with that, but it was still nice to see they can open up some lanes when they commit to it and actually invest effort into blocking. I don't think we've seen anything resembling a running game like this past Sunday ever since Jennings had that big game against Philly in week 17 a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I guess the skeptical in me agrees with that, but it was still nice to see they can open up some lanes when they commit to it and actually invest effort into blocking. I don't think we've seen anything resembling a running game like this past Sunday ever since Jennings had that big game against Philly in week 17 a couple of years ago.
    Yeah. But there were some clear positives. Gallman and Darkwa are FAR more decisive runners than Perkins and Vereen. They pick their spot quickly, hit it hard and power through for every extra inch they can get.

Perkins and Vereen were a little too bouncy, which can be great if the oline is solid, but you can't buy time when your RG and RT are turnstiles.

I honestly think we should be looking to trade Perkins, even for a junk draft pick. I'm never on the trade bandwagon because it never happens in the NFL, but...

• Perkins does not fit this system or oline
    • He shows some real positive signs and could likely be a value to a team like Green Bay, Pats, etc.
    • Gallman and Darkwa look like the real 1-2 backs with Vereen in there as a 3rd down option (though I prefer Gallman on 3rd at this point if he can pick up his blocking a little)
    • We don't need to carry 4 RBs; better off using that extra spot for WR depth so they can rotate in and out until we get a few that click OR for DBs
    • Perkins is young and should get them a decent pick OR a utility WR to replace Harris

I know the Giants aren't big on trades and certainly not when they have to give up a young player that they drafted, but it seems like this is a necessary move right now.

Anyone saw the headline that the Giants were bringing in B. Albert for a visit? A visit that is 6 weeks too late.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Anyone saw the headline that the Giants were bringing in B. Albert for a visit? A visit that is 6 weeks too late.
    Yeah. More like 6 years too late. The dude retired, then unretired, so his head isn't in the game. He's on the wrong side of 30 for us to create a long term answer at tackle. And after all that, he was still released by the Jags and remains available through FIVE WEEKS of regular season play.

I dunno....I just don't get how even fans and beat writers can spend 2 years pointing out all the flaws on the oline and then they do absolutely NOTHING to fix it in the offseason. It's mind boggling for a team like this and I can't imagine Mara/Tisch will have much more patience for this.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Rashaad Jennings to block and catch out of the backfield.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

DRC suspended by the team for fighting another teammate, saying he didnít want to play anymore at halftime against the Chargers.

Jenkins appears to be at odds with the coach

Mcadoo might not make it this season. Heís losing the team!

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    DRC suspended by the team for fighting another teammate, saying he didnít want to play anymore at halftime against the Chargers.

Mutiny is upon us

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post

From every beat writer and a few giants players.. I heard it was because he was unhappy with the coaching staff for his role in the defense. He wants to play on the outside, not in the slot.

But it's become apparent. Between Jenkins walking off the field, the seeming lack of effort from some players and now DRC.. he has lost the team. I supported the signing but I think it's time for him to go.

This team just wasted Eli manning final years. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    From every beat writer and a few giants players.. I heard it was because he was unhappy with the coaching staff for his role in the defense. He wants to play on the outside, not in the slot.

But it's become apparent. Between Jenkins walking off the field, the seeming lack of effort from some players and now DRC.. he has lost the team. I supported the signing but I think it's time for him to go.

This team just wasted Eli manning final years. Sad.
    Thatís a pathetic excuse imo. He played mostly the slot last season and had one of his best season and not one time cried about it. He just doesnít like Mcadoo and being 0-5 doesnít help. I hope we get rid of him after this season, I wouldnít have a problem trading Jenkins for a high draft pick. Just clean house get rid of everybody including Mcadoo and Reese. Yes we won 11 games last season but the signs were there even last season. Mcadoo not disciplining OBJ/Engram etc was a bad move even Apple was questioning his coach. Let that sink in, Apple a 2nd yr CB who has REGRESSED big time questioning Mcadoo lol.

If D players are that unhappy, I'm a little more worried about Spags. Spags is a player's coach, so surprising to see a guy unhappy with his role, when Spags' style is to put players where they like to play.

If true, it's gotta be frustrating to play nickel while wanting to move outside and then see the results that Apple has put up.

Wonder if Vincent Jackson is healed

Wonder if Vincent Jackson is healed

V-Jax? Isn't he like 50 in football years? He is older than Marshall.

I heard J. Jernigan is available and is not even 30 yet...

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    V-Jax? Isn't he like 50 in football years? He is older than Marshall.

I heard J. Jernigan is available and is not even 30 yet...
    I'd take any experienced WR at this point. Don't get me wrong, I like getting King, Rudolph and young guys exposure and see what happens, but would like to see them grab at least one veteran who can be a comfortable possession guy for Eli through the rest of this year. Like in the past when they'd grab a Derek Hagan, Stokley, etc. Get one trusted vet for Eli and to lead the youngsters.

Don't even tease me with Jernigan. I am the chairman.....and sole member.....of the Jernigan fan club. I can provide my standard rant on demand.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast