Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    At that $, no way we can afford a backup DB who would be what a 4th string guy because Apple, Janoris, and DRC will take the starting spots? I would go after another DB that is affordable after the final cuts because I just want depth behind Apple.
    This is where having an extra 3rd or 4th round pick in the last draft would've been awesome since that draft was one of the deepest in CB talent. We could've added some depth with a guy like Tankersley, Rasul Douglas(both selected late in the 3rd), Desmond King or Damontae Kazee. I'm not saying those players are guaranteed to become stars but we would have some interesting competition for that 4th/5th CB spot.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 08-31-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    This is where having an extra 3rd or 4th round pick in the last draft would've been awesome since that draft was one of the deepest in CB talent. We could've added some depth with a guy like Tankersley, Rasul Douglas(both selected late in the 3rd), Desmond King or Damontae Kazee. I'm not saying those players are guaranteed to become stars but we would have some interesting competition for that 4th/5th CB spot.
    Tankersley is pretty much a starter with the Phins because of Lippet's injury. Desmond King is a solid player and I was high on his upside, but others weren't. Anyways, this is where the UFA cuts come in handy because another team could be loaded at DB and cut someone that is useful for another squad. I see us looking at OG, OT, DE, LB, DB, S, and K in the FA market.

Tankersley is pretty much a starter with the Phins because of Lippet's injury. Desmond King is a solid player and I was high on his upside, but others weren't. Anyways, this is where the UFA cuts come in handy because another team could be loaded at DB and cut someone that is useful for another squad. I see us looking at OG, OT, DE, LB, DB, S, and K in the FA market.
    Why kicker?

I'm with RC on this one. I agree with everything on your post, except for the need for a vet K.

We're set at the kicker position. If anything, i'd like to trade Nugent for a draft pick.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 09-02-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Travis Rudolph has been cut. Don't understand this at all. He impressed me more than Lewis Jr whose preseason performance wasn't very convincing especially with OBJ,Marshall and King being out. Very disappointed.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 09-02-2017 at 10:56 AM.

We're set at the kicker position. If anything, i'd like to trade Nugent for a draft pick.
    Never gonna get a pick for a veteran kicker who lost his job to a first year kicker. Any team knows he'll be cut anyway and there are other vet kickers around. No need to burn a pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Rudolph has been cut. Don't understand this at all. He impressed me more than Lewis Jr whose preseason performance wasn't very convincing especially with OBJ,Marshall and King being out. Very disappointed.
    That's a bummer. Kid made some nice plays. I assume the reason is that he'd be deep on the chart and didn't impress on STs but I don't know.

Prediction: Rudolph either goes to the Pats and becomes a hero or Philly jumps on him and he does nothing ever.

Bye bye Tye. Like the guy but LaCosse outplayed him. He needs to up his blocking game and be a FB or H-back.

Jacoby Brissett traded for Phillip Dorsett
    Matt Jones is better than any RB on our roster

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Jacoby Brissett traded for Phillip Dorsett
    Matt Jones is better than any RB on our roster

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Prediction: Rudolph either goes to the Pats and becomes a hero or Philly jumps on him and he does nothing ever.

I don't understand why they love Lewis so much. He sucks. Hate we cut Rudolph such a great sorry. Hope he clears waivers and we sign him to our practice squad but highly doubt that

2017 Giants Roster News Thread

We kept 4TEs 4RBs and a FB. Wow

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast