Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2017 Giants Roster News Thread

Giants Roster News

Depth Chart as of 8/14:

Giants Sign WR Andrew Turzilli and LB Chris Casher
    http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...5-2e9f600a9b82

Why didn't we sign Letroy Guion to play at DT vs Bryant's replacement being some no name?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Why didn't we sign Letroy Guion to play at DT vs Bryant's replacement being some no name?
    Because Guion is suspended 4 games and pretty much been a problem off the field

Trade for McCoy?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Because Guion is suspended 4 games and pretty much been a problem off the field
    Yikes, didn't know that. Is he better than Bromley is now?

Quote Originally Posted by tucksoe View Post
    Trade for McCoy?
    Don't think the Giants have cap space to accommodate that move. If a RB trade happens, it's for a Jeremy Hill type. Though I don't think we should pay much for a RB with the OL we have. I have zero confidence in a Fluker/Pugh/Richburg/Jerry/Flowers combo even though I think that is probably the most natural OL combo we could have since Flowers is more of a RT even though he is a possible bust for where he was picked. McCoy will cost like a 2nd or even more. I would rather trade for Joe Thomas if we could get an All-Pro caliber guy because McCoy won't be as good without an OL.

2017 Giants Roster News Thread

Owa suspended 4 games for PEDs. I think he likey gets cut now given our depth at DE he was on the bubble anyway.

As much as I love this team and the way Reese has built it during the last couple offseasons, it's fair to criticise him about the current state of the O-line. The continued showing of faith in Flowers and Hart at the tackle positions is starting to wear thin with most of us. Our tackles have been atrocious and it is clearly holding this offense back quite a bit. I love Marshall and I like the idea of adding a weapon like Engram not only for this season but beyond as well. Still though, without addressing this offensive line it might be all for nothing. We have an elite defense and I'd like to think Eli is still good enough to build an above average offense around, but no matter what type of weapons we have, it won't work if the offensive line can't even pass protect. We know they can't run protect either so that doesn't help matters at all.

I'm optimistic about this team because of the defense, but before I get excited about the offense and start thinking about Superbowl expectations, I have to first see competent O-line play in regular season games. Until I see that, my expectations are playoffs but nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Joe Haden is now a free agent. Does this mean he is a possible cheap option for the Giants because of his guaranteed $ over the next few seasons from his 6 year deal? Or he probably can get a decent deal given his skillset when healthy and focused?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Joe Haden is now a free agent. Does this mean he is a possible cheap option for the Giants because of his guaranteed $ over the next few seasons from his 6 year deal? Or he probably can get a decent deal given his skillset when healthy and focused?
    I wouldn't mind us signing him to a 1 year prove-it deal as an insurance plan for Apple. Something like 1/3.5-4m$ maybe. Haden has been banged up the last couple of seasons but he would be nice as a 3rd/ 4th CB as long as he doesn't cost too much. My guess is he signs with the Chiefs or the Steelers.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 08-30-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    I wouldn't mind us signing him to a 1 year prove-it deal as an insurance plan for Apple. Something like 1/3.5-4m$ maybe. Haden has been banged up the last couple of seasons but he would be nice as a 3rd/ 4th CB as long as he doesn't cost too much. My guess is he signs with the Chiefs or the Steelers.
    I actually see Haden going to the Steelers or Dolphins.

Haden to the Steelers for 3years/27m.

He took less money than most of his other offers just to play in PIT. Poor Browns fans.

At least it gives one of the best, and most forgotten, CBs in football a competitive shot at a ring. He fell off with the injuries but that guy is great.

BTW watching the Giants fans on Twitter freak out because the Giants didn't go after him is hilarious. ****ing clueless.....its not baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    He took less money than most of his other offers just to play in PIT. Poor Browns fans.

At least it gives one of the best, and most forgotten, CBs in football a competitive shot at a ring. He fell off with the injuries but that guy is great.

BTW watching the Giants fans on Twitter freak out because the Giants didn't go after him is hilarious. ****ing clueless.....its not baseball.
    At that $, no way we can afford a backup DB who would be what a 4th string guy because Apple, Janoris, and DRC will take the starting spots? I would go after another DB that is affordable after the final cuts because I just want depth behind Apple.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast