Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Preseason Game 2: Browns 10, Giants 6

Preseason Game 2

NEW YORK GIANTS AT CLEVELAND BROWNS

Monday, August 21st
    8:00pm ET

ESPN/WNBC-4NY

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I thought the team looked good in the Steelers game, the Defense looked solid.

I really would love to see the Giant offense go down the field and score a TD on the first offensive possession. But we need to get the offense going...after last season, it can't get much worse than that. We need to establish who the starting RB will be as well. Desperately looking for some consistency on offense and establishing an identity.

It starts now in the preseason. The D is establishing themselves as a top 10 unit, now we have to do that with the offense.

Make Beckham a captain

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I thought the team looked good in the Steelers game, the Defense looked solid.

I really would love to see the Giant offense go down the field and score a TD on the first offensive possession. But we need to get the offense going...after last season, it can't get much worse than that. We need to establish who the starting RB will be as well. Desperately looking for some consistency on offense and establishing an identity.

It starts now in the preseason. The D is establishing themselves as a top 10 unit, now we have to do that with the offense.

Make Beckham a captain

I'd say we are top 5 on defense
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Lololololololol at this o line

Hope Odell's ok. Looked to me like a sprained ACL/MCL. Giants fans holding their breath.

Quote Originally Posted by meloman1592 View Post
    Lololololololol at this o line
    Oline wasn't that bad, still suck at run blocking but overall they've held their own

First series was awful for oline but they played much better after
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Marshall also got hurt- shoulder.

Running game still looks dreadful.

Josh Jhonson and Geno Smith are both BUMBS! Why isn't Webb getting an opportunity? Thank goodness this is the preseason, but for crying out loud, score a freaking touchdown! 😠
    The Melo Hate is Real!

I do like gallman, but we need to change the whole offensive line, were too small across the board,
    The Melo Hate is Real!

Hart's looked terrible so far

Obj said he's fine. Flowers looked solid got away with a Couple holds. We need to get flunker in over either hart or jerry. Hart looked good week 1 not to good this week
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

D looked great
    Offensive scheme focused on run and failed with this oline

So basically same as last year. Love Engram and Marshall though. We either need to go back to two years ago and use the pass game to set up the run, or we need to pray this oline wakes the **** up.

But seriously, the D looked like they were half speed and still thumped them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodson looks really good. Based on training camp news and how well he's played so far in preseason, he can become that dominant MLB we've been missing.

Besides that fumble, Gallman had a decent game. I still think we should've drafted a more physical RB (Conner or Perine) to go with Perkins' slashing style. Although our Oline's dreadful run blocking would make a Pro bowl RB look bad.

Engram almost caught his first TD. I think he's becoming more acclimated in the passing game and i hope it's just a matter of time before he breaks out.

Calvin Munson is another player i'm very impressed with. I can see him making the team as a backup LB/ Special teamer.

Does anybody know what happened to Jarron Jones? Was he active for tonight's game?
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 08-22-2017 at 01:40 AM.

For once, Goodson does look legit. I don't understand why Spags loves to run the overload blitzes and drop his DEs in coverage so much. Vernon might handle his own all things considered, but JPP is clearly not athletic to play in space like that. Also that's way too much extra effort on two players that already play a ridiculously high amount of snaps.

Engram looks good as a pass catcher, but obviously he needs to get some things figured out. Run blocking is abysmal, and I don't believe we'll figure that out anytime soon. I disagree with most of you about Hart. In pass protection, he looks quite solid. His struggles come mostly in run blocking, and it definitely doesn't help him playing next to Jerry. Flowers hasn't necessarily been beaten a lot, but he gets away with some borderline holdings, and still doesn't inspire the confidence he should.

Nasty hit on Odell. If he landed that foot fully in the ground, things probably would've been a lot worse. Needless to say, this offense still can't operate without him, so we need him healthy ASAP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast