Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Could be a guy that's injured or can't be traded yet.

Could be they get a set of names from where to choose from and will wait and see how those guys do and then decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This gets me all excited......
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Not sure what the big deal is. They were not going to give Walker a QO which I believe will be close to $20 million, nor were they going to give Bruce a QO. I agree that I do not understand why they would give cash in a deal for Walker but not Bruce.

Bruce knocked in 2 runs in yesterday's Cleveland win and I wish him well asa he was a true gentleman playing here.

I think that instead of platoonng Reyes and Flores at 2B they should see what Cecchini and maybe Reynolds bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Walker's owed around $6M for the rest of the season. Who'd pay all of that? Fred's probably happy to dump whatever he can
    Well Walker had no place on this team once they started selling off pieces anyway. They weren't QOing him again (even if they could) so a PTBNL is better than nothing.

Granderson is next.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-13-2017 at 05:52 AM.

I don't think Cabrera goes anywhere with his option for next year. The Mets are going to need someone to play 3rd base with Wright getting injured again next year. If Reyes had value he would be gone too. This mentor to Amed Rosario stuff or not.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-13-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    That's a synonym for the word crap.
    It usually means that the Mets want someone who hasn't cleared waivers yet.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets trade Walker to Brewers along with Cash for PTBNL

I was hoping they'd give Walker consideration for a 2 year deal. I suppose they still can. Doubt it though.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I would rather they sign Bruce or that type of player to a two year deal and go all in for Machado next year.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I would rather they sign Bruce or that type of player to a two year deal and go all in for Machado next year.
    Not with this GM, ownership and not until Wright retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Not sure what the big deal is. They were not going to give Walker a QO which I believe will be close to $20 million, nor were they going to give Bruce a QO. I agree that I do not understand why they would give cash in a deal for Walker but not Bruce.

Bruce knocked in 2 runs in yesterday's Cleveland win and I wish him well asa he was a true gentleman playing here.

I think that instead of platoonng Reyes and Flores at 2B they should see what Cecchini and maybe Reynolds bring to the table.
    I believe they gave cash in the deal because they had no other option
    So either live with Walker and his salary or dump some of it

You're hoping for a unicorn sighting my friend

Don't worry. He's got this.

id rather that too. but i think you have us mistaken for the team that wears Pinstripes.

Walker was owed 5.5 million, he is not having an all star year, so in order to move him you HAD to s me some money specially to a team like the Brewers. Their is no way they would pick all that money up.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I was hoping they'd give Walker consideration for a 2 year deal. I suppose they still can. Doubt it though.
    I wasn't.

Walker had something of a career year for us last season. Now he's banged up and he'll be 32 next season. And his defense was already starting to look lackluster.

Meanwhile we've got two sluggers in Wilmer Flores and TJ Rivera who can only play on the right side of the diamond. Re-upping on Walker just didn't make any sense at this point.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Not anymore, rather they get a legit third baseman in Moustakas and go with what ever in house option for second.

Who wants Daniel Murphy when you can have a low ceiling minor league relief pitcher to be named later AND "payroll flexibility"?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast