Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Roberto Aguayo cut by Bucs; claimed by Bears

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...ainst-bengals/

Generally speaking, a kicker getting cut isn't real news.
    Generally speaking, the kicker getting cut wasn't a 2nd rd draft pick the year before.

Where would this rate in the annals of worst draft picks? Or at least worst non-1st rd draft picks?
    What do you think he does with his next chance?
    Most accurate in college one year, least accurate in the pros the next.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Even if he was an above average kicker this was always going to be a horrible pick. But considering they traded multiple picks to overdraft him then cut him a year later makes this one of the biggest flops in recent memory.

I feel like there's gotta be something causing him to suck so bad, there's not <i>that</i> much difference from college kicking.

If a kicker has the leg to make 55 yard field goals and touchbacks on kickoffs, then the rest of his job is 100% mental. I think the Bucs screwed with the guy just by taking him the 2nd round. That immediately brought criticism and high expectations before he made a single kick. Janikowski managed with drugs.

Insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Insane lol
    Worst wasted Bucs draft pick since Bo Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Worst wasted Bucs draft pick since Bo Jackson?
    Seems so.

I didn't hate the pick near as much as most people at the time though.

Seems so.

Same! Guess I just had much higher expectations though...

He's such a idiot.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    He's such a idiot.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    I hate him. I'll never forget what he said like 30 times that Watt isn't worth a point a game. Then he scored 3 TDs that year or some ****.

But he really thought he wasn't worth a point a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Boobs. I was eating *** one time and she farted

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Even if he was an above average kicker this was always going to be a horrible pick. But considering they traded multiple picks to overdraft him then cut him a year later makes this one of the biggest flops in recent memory.

I feel like there's gotta be something causing him to suck so bad, there's not <i>that</i> much difference from college kicking.
    Agreed.....it was a huge reach to begin with, and just compounded by the trades, the hype and him being a local product.

As much as the Redskins have struggled to find a kicker over the years, they still don't have the value of a second round pick, so I will take some of those struggles over reaching for someone.

By that logic he wouldn't draft any defensive players, and the seventh string WR is actually the starting CB.

Seems so.

I thought it was a huge reach, but I also saw the flip side that management wanted a kicker for the next 10 years and didn't want to worry about the position during that time. After seeing a variety of kickers struggle in Washington, including ones we've signed to big contracts, I completely get it, but the Bucs had to have the right guy here, which they didn't.

The trade was basically nothing, so that shouldn't matter. They traded down in Round 1 from 9 to 11 and still got the guy they wanted. They used the pick from that to move up because there were some teams who could possibly take a kicker ahead of them. Essentially used 1st and 3rd on Hargreaves and Aguayo.

There have been other, bigger busts in Tampa since Bo Jackson like WR Dexter Jackson

Multiple Kickers have gobe higher thsn Aguayo and weren't the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. Hard to fault the thought process after 4 years of excellence.

In 2015 we had Brindza and Barth, combined they missed 11 FGs and 3 XPs. That is 36 points left on the table. Aguayo on paper should have helped that.

I wanted Aguayo that year in the 3rd or 4th round, obviously the later the better but that has risks. When they traded up we all thought it was for Vonn Bell, it was Aguayo. We were shocked but most wanted him a little later so not a huge deal.

How many people in here know that the player Kansas City took with our 3rd rounder was CB KeiVarae Russell. Russell was cut September 14th 2016, never played a snap for them and is now fighting for a roster spot in Cincinnati. Nobody talks about that because it's not a kicker and isn't easy to laugh at I guess.

A little sad that Hard Knocks doesn't have a thread in NFL forum but Aguayo being cut does. Every team misses, some much higher than 59, a miss is a miss regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The trade was basically nothing, so that shouldn't matter. They traded down in Round 1 from 9 to 11 and still got the guy they wanted. They used the pick from that to move up because there were some teams who could possibly take a kicker ahead of them. Essentially used 1st and 3rd on Hargreaves and Aguayo.

There have been other, bigger busts in Tampa since Bo Jackson like WR Dexter Jackson

Multiple Kickers have gobe higher thsn Aguayo and weren't the most accurate kicker in NCAA history. Hard to fault the thought process after 4 years of excellence.

In 2015 we had Brindza and Barth, combined they missed 11 FGs and 3 XPs. That is 36 points left on the table. Aguayo on paper should have helped that.

I wanted Aguayo that year in the 3rd or 4th round, obviously the later the better but that has risks. When they traded up we all thought it was for Vonn Bell, it was Aguayo. We were shocked but most wanted him a little later so not a huge deal.

How many people in here know that the player Kansas City took with our 3rd rounder was CB KeiVarae Russell. Russell was cut September 14th 2016, never played a snap for them and is now fighting for a roster spot in Cincinnati. Nobody talks about that because it's not a kicker and isn't easy to laugh at I guess.

A little sad that Hard Knocks doesn't have a thread in NFL forum but Aguayo being cut does. Every team misses, some much higher than 59, a miss is a miss regardless of position.
    Considering how much of a revolving door the kicker position is and how most don't go till much later in the draft or aren't even drafted at all, of course its a story when a kicker is taken in the 2nd round and cut a year into his tenure. There is a reason why kickers are traditionally taken where they are regardless of statistics.

Its a worse pick than your traditional CB or LB who busts in the 3rd or 4th round because there is still quality talent at the 59th pick. If you wanted Aguayo, there were ways to acquire him without using that high a draft pick.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-13-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast