Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this Preseason Week 2 Matchup?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay Packers

    0 0%
  • Washington Redskins

    1 100.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,941

    Preseason Week 2: Green Bay Packers (1-0) at Washington Redskins (0-1)



    Preseason Week 2





    Location: FedEx Field, Landover MD
    Saturday, August 19 at 7:30 PM EST/6:30 PM CT


    Click For More Stats
    Last edited by hughest4; 08-16-2017 at 03:58 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,656
    I just rewatched the first game...here are some thoughts from that and my hopes for this game...

    Starting with negatives...

    -I would like to see more emphasis on finding out about our RBs. I don't think McCarthy did a great job of calling a balanced game plan, which is what we are gonna need to evaluate the running game.

    -the backup oline gave up way too much pressure. Definitely should put more emphasis on the running game this week for the backup line.

    -missed tackles on D and a few poor angles. Normal stuff for early preseason games. Hoping to see a cleaner game.

    -Notes of some of the players who aren't guaranteed roster spots, I liked what I saw from 48 (he's a lock in my mind), 41 had a nice active game with solid coverage, 25 is making his bid to someday possibly be a starter (he's almost a lock in my mind now). 71 has quick feet and had a nice game. 56 looks too slow footed for the NFL. 28 was getting worked hard on the edges, he's gotta be a bit disappointed with his game.

    -I reaalllllly wanna see more of Mcaffrey and Dupre. They are both slippery and quick footed. I like them a lot. Yancey got open over the top, twice.

    -Janis, Davis, Clark...didn't impress me too much at receiver. Good routes by Janis and Clark on their TDs though. (Davis with a couple of really nice returns as well)





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post


    Preseason Week 2





    Location: FedEx Field, Landover MD
    Saturday, August 19 at 7:30 PM EST/6:30 PM CT


    Click For More Stats
    ahhh **** you got the photobucket ransom graphic

    RIP Gene Wilder

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,941
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    ahhh **** you got the photobucket ransom graphic
    Blame Soop for that!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Blame Soop for that!
    it would have to be a bears fan that would cause this trouble

    RIP Gene Wilder

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    145

    Preseason Week 2: Green Bay Packers (1-0) at Washington Redskins (0-1)

    Wow. Nice Rock Report on Marwin Evans at Packers.com I didn't realize all those plays in the game


    Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by PQP View Post
    Wow. Nice Rock Report on Marwin Evans at Packers.com I didn't realize all those plays in the game


    Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
    i praised 25 and 41 before the big sites. i are smart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,656
    I don't want Janis/Geronimo/Clark to get a spot over Mcaffrey, Dupre, or Yancey.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119,666
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I don't want Janis/Geronimo/Clark to get a spot over Mcaffrey, Dupre, or Yancey.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clark should be a safe stash all day I think.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I don't want Janis/Geronimo/Clark to get a spot over Mcaffrey, Dupre, or Yancey.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would agree with the Janis/Clark, but Geronimo has some potential and had been developing chemistry with Aaron.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119,666
    Call me insane I still like Janis most out of that group. We always want speeeeed then our fans fell in love with offensive Gunter.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119,666
    holy crap Gunter was only 0.02 slower at the combine.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Call me insane I still like Janis most out of that group. We always want speeeeed then our fans fell in love with offensive Gunter.
    I just see real good potential out of Yancey/dupre/mad max...

    I don't see it with janis, though I appreciate what he does on ST. I see a decent floor with Geronimo just not the ceiling.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Call me insane I still like Janis most out of that group. We always want speeeeed then our fans fell in love with offensive Gunter.
    A bit of hyperbole, I don't think anyone is in love with geronimo but the guy makes a valid point that in his rookie year he developed chemistry with aaron quickly and that's worth something. Also just cause him and gunter are slow does;t make them the same and does't mean geronimo can't overcome his lack of speed. He's very rangy and flashed in one year, I and some other people would simply like to see how he's improved a year later.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119,666
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    A bit of hyperbole, I don't think anyone is in love with geronimo but the guy makes a valid point that in his rookie year he developed chemistry with aaron quickly and that's worth something. Also just cause him and gunter are slow does;t make them the same and does't mean geronimo can't overcome his lack of speed. He's very rangy and flashed in one year, I and some other people would simply like to see how he's improved a year later.
    Ban please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •