Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fantasy Football General Talk/Random Thoughts 2017 Edition

Post general talk and random thoughts in this thread. I am looking forward to another great FF season.

would u guys keep zeke in a keeper league? really debating it now with the suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    would u guys keep zeke in a keeper league? really debating it now with the suspension
    He was one of my four keepers in a league. A team that may be playing the long-game (like I did last year, sacrificing all of my keepers for the chance to draft him) will snatch him up. I kept two RB (Elliott and Gurley) and two WR (Bryant and Evans) so I went RB heavy to start- Dalvin Cook, AP and also picked up McFadden as the primary handcuff for Elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He was one of my four keepers in a league. A team that may be playing the long-game (like I did last year, sacrificing all of my keepers for the chance to draft him) will snatch him up. I kept two RB (Elliott and Gurley) and two WR (Bryant and Evans) so I went RB heavy to start- Dalvin Cook, AP and also picked up McFadden as the primary handcuff for Elliott.
    u kept him before the suspension was announced? do u regret it?

u kept him before the suspension was announced? do u regret it?
    I meant I kept him after it was announced, and no, I don't regret it. I drafted LeVeon Bell in the first round last year as well, granted, at the end of it, but he was still my first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I meant I kept him after it was announced, and no, I don't regret it. I drafted LeVeon Bell in the first round last year as well, granted, at the end of it, but he was still my first rounder.
    I'm tempted with Zeke this season as I have the 11th pick in one draft and 12th in another two. I did the Bell move last year and barely made the playoffs by 3 overall points total..BUT I won the league.

I have Michael Thomas as my keeper in the 11th round in my one league so that one especially has me intrigued with basically having another high end second already guaranteed to hold me over until Zeke can return.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I'm tempted with Zeke this season as I have the 11th pick in one draft and 12th in another two. I did the Bell move last year and barely made the playoffs by 3 overall points total..BUT I won the league.

I have Michael Thomas as my keeper in the 11th round in my one league so that one especially has me intrigued with basically having another high end second already guaranteed to hold me over until Zeke can return.
    I would do it, and I highly recommend the handcuff route as well. DeAngelo Williams won me my Week 1 game last year after he ran wild on the Redskins.

I have a tough decision on my hands this week. With Doug Martin suspended, I'm left with Joe Mixon or Terrance West as my RB2. I played Mixon last week and Baltimore completely shutdown the Bengals offense. West ran for 80 yards and a score. All of the upside is with Mixon, but the Bengals seem hesitant to hand him the keys. If he is the hot hand, though, they'll feed him the ball. I don't particularly like either option at this point.

1934 • 1938 • 1961 • 2010 • 2013 • 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I have a tough decision on my hands this week. With Doug Martin suspended, I'm left with Joe Mixon or Terrance West as my RB2. I played Mixon last week and Baltimore completely shutdown the Bengals offense. West ran for 80 yards and a score. All of the upside is with Mixon, but the Bengals seem hesitant to hand him the keys. If he is the hot hand, though, they'll feed him the ball. I don't particularly like either option at this point.
    At this point, I think Terrance West is the easy selection here. One Giovani and/or Hill go down with injury, Mixon is likely to get more touches.

need 1: Flex - Moncrief, Marshall, or Britt? I'm leaning Moncrief

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    At this point, I think Terrance West is the easy selection here. One Giovani and/or Hill go down with injury, Mixon is likely to get more touches.
    You're right. I just can't trust Mixon at this point. There's always the chance that he becomes the hot hand and the Bengals feed him the ball a lot tonight, but… too risky. West will carry the ball at least 15 times.

need 1: Flex - Moncrief, Marshall, or Britt? I'm leaning Moncrief
    I want to believe in Marshall. He's always been a red zone threat. One catch on Sunday night and all of a sudden people think he's done. If Beckham plays, and it looks like he will, it could open up some space for him. He certainly has the best QB situation of the three. Moncrief is going against a pretty good defense with Brissett as his QB. Britt has a brutal matchup. I don't see the Browns offense doing much of anything against Baltimore.

My choice would be an easy Moncrief if Luck were playing. Without him, I'm leaning toward Marshall out of those three.

Thank goodness I sat Mixon. Only 15 yards on 4 carries so far tonight. I hate crowded backfields.

I want to believe in Marshall. He's always been a red zone threat. One catch on Sunday night and all of a sudden people think he's done. If Beckham plays, and it looks like he will, it could open up some space for him. He certainly has the best QB situation of the three. Moncrief is going against a pretty good defense with Brissett as his QB. Britt has a brutal matchup. I don't see the Browns offense doing much of anything against Baltimore.

My choice would be an easy Moncrief if Luck were playing. Without him, I'm leaning toward Marshall out of those three.
    fair. My logic for Moncrief is to just hope for the TD. Cards have a weak #2 CB since Hilton will most likely be shadowed by PP.

I dont think Marshall is done but that offense is just so bad. havent scored 20 pts in like 15 straight games or something?

Thank goodness I sat Mixon. Only 15 yards on 4 carries so far tonight. I hate crowded backfields.
    I'm hopeful with the OC change that Bill Lazor can put some tweaks on the offense to get the ball out faster and put playmakers in a position to gain advantage. This quote tells me that the 3 headed time share is looking bleak:

“As a coordinator, two of the most important things that you have to do are to get the quarterback in rhythm and get the running back in rhythm,” Lazor said. “We’ve got a good number of running backs that will share that right now, but when we have some time this evening and tomorrow to think about that."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...7-d339464245e7

I have an IR spot in a league that I'm looking to stash someone..Will Fuller HOU or Mike Williams LAC? Williams is back to practicing in individual drills, but they have a deep WR/TE core (for now) so he has a tough path to targets. While Fuller is desperately needed with the Texans, but Watson is the QB..He'll have a few games under his belt, but who knows what to expect with him.
    Last edited by Westbrook36; 09-16-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast