Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sammy Watkins to LA; Jordan Matthews to Buffalo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=sf105397375

EJ Gaines and 2nd rounder 2018 for Watkins and a 6th rounder.

Jordan Matthews for Ronald Darby and a 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Hajaha...wait so I was right about the Eagles trading Mathews and adding a cb in 1 move? Haha..and I heard it on the radio...lol
    I like the moves for the Eagles. Matthews was the #4 WR on the depth chart after Jeffreys, Smith, and Agelor. Don't know much about EJ Gaines for the Bills.

3. 08-11-2017, 01:06 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    I like the moves for the Eagles. Matthews was the #4 WR on the depth chart after Jeffreys, Smith, and Agelor. Don't know much about EJ Gaines for the Bills.
    Nah, he was #3.

But either way, sad to see a good locker room guy go, but we desperately needed a corner.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

5. 08-11-2017, 01:11 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

6. 08-11-2017, 01:11 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Nah, he was #3.

But either way, sad to see a good locker room guy go, but we desperately needed a corner.
    He wasn't being re-signed, that was apparent. I hate losing the 3rd rounder over Matthews at this point. Darby is young and under control 2 more seasons so I guess it's not terrible and he seems like a solid enough CB, but how much did Gillmore help him? I don't want another Maxwell addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    He wasn't being re-signed, that was apparent. I hate losing the 3rd rounder over Matthews at this point. Darby is young and under control 2 more seasons so I guess it's not terrible and he seems like a solid enough CB, but how much did Gillmore help him? I don't want another Maxwell addition.
    True. I think it helps that Darby is younger and more athletic than Maxwell though. And you know Howie, will find a way to get those picks back.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

9. 08-11-2017, 01:24 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

10. 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

11. 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

12. 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

13. 08-11-2017, 01:29 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

14. 08-11-2017, 01:32 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

What the ****ing hell?

I'm meh on the Darby trade, but the Watkins trade pisses me off. God it's hard to be a Bills fan. What a massive screw up that entire situation turned out to be.

Since the Bills are going tank mode, Denver should send them Siemian and a second round pick for Tyrod Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=sf105397375

EJ Gaines and 2nd rounder 2018 for Watkins and a 6th rounder.

Jordan Matthews for Ronald Darby and a 3rd rounder.
    The Eagles gave a 3rd rounder not receive a 3rd rounder.

In a corresponding swap, the Bills acquired Jordan Matthews and a 2018 third-rounder from the Eagles for starting-level cornerback Ronald Darby.
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 08-11-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Good deal by the Bills IMO. Matthews is a good player and should be more reliable than Watkins. Eagles probably sold a bit low on him in addition to giving up a 3rd rounder, but they needed a CB so it makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good deal by the Bills IMO. Matthews is a good player and should be more reliable than Watkins. Eagles probably sold a bit low on him in addition to giving up a 3rd rounder, but they needed a CB so it makes some sense.
    I have a feeling it was somewhat of a desperation move by the Eagles in that they did want a CB. They've been pushing a Matthews deal since draft day (probably before it). NFL players are very undervalued once they are drafted and especially on the last year of their deal. They probably weren't going to get more than a 4th for him straight up, most likely nothing at all since they didn't deal him before this.

They got what they wanted/needed.

Darby definitely helps out the CB situation though. How much, ugh, don't know. But this is definitely making me seem they are a lot more serious about being an absolute contender this season. I had a feeling they were going to sort of not put all their eggs in the basket this year and hope to sign Jefferey to a long term deal after this season with Jones and Douglas being their guys after this season. A possible playoff appearance this year but not a definite. Now, I think they did. They're pushing for everything this season. Hopefully it works now. Mills, Douglas, Darby looks a lot better than what they had this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Good riddance for the Eagles, Jordan Mathews had some of the worst hand I've ever seen.

21. 08-11-2017, 02:42 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Since the Bills are going tank mode, Denver should send them Siemian and a second round pick for Tyrod Taylor.
    Yep. Apparently joining the Jets and 49ers in tank mode.

Siemian is underrated. Looked as good as can be expected prior to injuries last year. Wouldn't be super opposed to that trade. Might need to add to the 2nd rounder though. Something late round.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

23. 08-11-2017, 02:45 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    More reliable than Watkins? In what way? Perhaps in terms of health. Watkins trumps Matthews in every other way.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I have a feeling it was somewhat of a desperation move by the Eagles in that they did want a CB. They've been pushing a Matthews deal since draft day (probably before it). NFL players are very undervalued once they are drafted and especially on the last year of their deal. They probably weren't going to get more than a 4th for him straight up, most likely nothing at all since they didn't deal him before this.

They got what they wanted/needed.

Darby definitely helps out the CB situation though. How much, ugh, don't know. But this is definitely making me seem they are a lot more serious about being an absolute contender this season. I had a feeling they were going to sort of not put all their eggs in the basket this year and hope to sign Jefferey to a long term deal after this season with Jones and Douglas being their guys after this season. A possible playoff appearance this year but not a definite. Now, I think they did. They're pushing for everything this season. Hopefully it works now. Mills, Douglas, Darby looks a lot better than what they had this morning.
    Yeah, they've gone all in this year that's for sure. They've got a good a chance as any, really. With Jefferey and Smith they didn't need Matthews as much as they did last year either, so it makes some sense. They'll be hoping NA actually does break out this year now. Defensively, they're definitely upgraded. Darby is a solid player and better than the Eagles have had in a few years back there. They are kind of similar to what the Cowboys will be rolling out now in terms of CBs: an established CB (Scandrick/Darby) and a bunch of young guys. We'll see how that works out!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    More reliable than Watkins? In what way? Perhaps in terms of health. Watkins trumps Matthews in every other way.
    Yeah, in terms of health. Watkins has potential, sure, but as they say "the best ability is availability." I think Matthews is underrated. He is a solid number 2 receiver. He doesn't have the same game breaking ability as Watkins but he will be there just about every game and that counts for a lot IMO.

Matthews is no slouch when it comes to talent either. In his three years he has 225 receptions, 2673 yards and 19 touchdowns. All of which is better than Watkins. If you look at their per 16 games numbers, Matthews is just about even with Watkins and the Bills got a multiple picks here too. I like what they did.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 08-11-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast