Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bills Trade Watkins and Darby

Last edited by smood999; 08-11-2017 at 01:09 PM.

Matthews is a solid receiver. Not a #1 but he's the ideal #2

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

As I said for a couple years now, Watkins didn't want to be in Buffalo. Good riddance regarding Darby. A few good games amongst bad teams but against good QBs he got burnt alive.

What the ****ing hell?

From the "rumor mill" the bills didn't offer Sammy a contract extension, because last year his agent, in confidence with the respect he had for the Pegulas, told the Pegula's that Sammy's heart is not here.

So instead of risking he gets hurt or signs somewhere else next year, they got what they could. As for Darby, he had a few solid games against week teams, but against Brady and other QB's, they picked on him all game long which lead to his benching. Getting Mathews for him is really good. When all is said in done, they will have 90 million to buy someone better than Watkins next year and pretty much Zay is going to now be looked at as our future.

According to NFL live, they were hearing that Sammy asked for the trade during the draft and due to his health the Bills couldn't make it happen. We will start to hear more details as soon as Sammy gets settled in.

PFF Career Overall Grades

E.J. Gains
    2014: 78.8
    2015: DNP
    2016: 37.0

Ronald Darby
    2015: 85.9
    2016: 62.7

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Jordan Matthews is a pretty good player. A very good character guy that is well respected by his teammates and coaches. He does have a drop issue, but is also able to make tough catches in traffic at times as well. Like young$avage said, he's an ideal #2 but not really a #1.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

There is a lot I am trying to process here:

- did they know Sammy's medicals would not check out in the future?
    - If they think they can move up for a QB in next year's draft, the draft picks won't matter because the Jets might be the worst team and get the #1 pick; which they won't trade to us.
    - With next year's class being so highly touted, even if someone other than the Jets has the #1 pick, hard to see that team trading the pick (e.g. Rosen, Darnold)
    - Tyrod took a massive pay cut to stay with the team so that they would spend on offense; they totally screwed him over. Wouldn't be surprised if he asks for a trade. There are other teams that would love to have him.
    - Jordan Matthews and Anquan Boldin are one year rental players, so they will need to replenish those roster spots anyway
    - if the team starts 3-6, GUARANTEED they trade shady
    - the team seems like they are half-into full rebuild / half-not. How does that make sense?
    - I obviously understand sammy's injury history, but his upside is a rare WR1, you can't find that easily (I know he needs 16 games to prove it)
    - the CB we traded for is also injury prone. Is he even a lock to make the roster?

More thoughts to come, still trying to process this as I drink a double ipa.

These were great moves by the Bills. I'd bet the farm that Watkins will get injured this year, no matter who he plays for, so thank god it won't be with the Bills.

We get the picks, a WR who is better than anyone else who has been brought in here the last few years and a player on D who is better than Darby.

As for McCoy, everyone argued with me last year when I suspected that this could be a tank year and Watkins and McCoy could be traded. Well I am half right so far and right now, McCoy is talked about around the league as a RB who can be in the top 5. Don't be surprised if a team knocks our socks off with a trade offer. At his age and with the risk of hamstring injury, if we can get a few high picks, make the trade. After all, we are building a team for next year. 90+ million to spend, with a lot of extra picks and a new GM who wants to rid this team of Whaleys mistakes.

They're obviously dismantling things. Pretty great having 2 picks in the first 3 rounds.

I'm sure we'll revisit this day through the season and in a few years.

I am also reading we can get an additional compensatory 3rd rd pick if we cut a few FA signings.

McCoy now has voiced he isn't happy about the trade and stated its obvious which WR is better. Pretty much indicating that it is Watkins.

Was there any explanation of why McCoy didn't play a single snap on Thursday?

On the satellite NFL radio, I caught the tale end of their conversation, with them saying, "the broncos trading for Tyrod Taylor will put them as Super Bowl favorites". They were going on an on about it, but never said if it's a rumor or their hypothetical thinking. Anyone here rumors on this?

As much as I don't like our team president, this is rather genius of him. To have the GM and coach start the "fire sale" now, after the team sells all their season tickets and individual game tickets, while telling the fan base we are going to compete. Great move for the team, crappy for the fans who got all pumped up buying tickets if this is indeed true.

Imagine trading Tyrod to Denver for one of their running backs and a conditional 2nd rounder, that will turn into a first if they get into the AFC championship. Then trading McCoy to a team for a 1st rounder. Wishful thinking I know.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-12-2017 at 12:11 PM.

If Watkins and Darby, 2 of our brightest young pieces could only get 2nd/3rds then I don't they can get a 1st for McCoy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast