Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2017 Break out players: Defensive Edition

Who do you think breaks out in the league on the defensive side of the Ball? Any player. Any DEFENSIVE position. Any team. (Please keep the big names and already knowns out - Mack, Miller, Watt, Sherman, etc.). This thread is for the up and comers and the dark horse players that'll surprise in 2017.

My pick: Karl Joseph (S) Raiders.

There's 31 more teams with some players read to make pads pop and QB's pay...

Who ya got?

2017 Break out players: Defensive Edition

For my Vikings- Eric Kendricks, and Trae Waynes

Byron Jones for the Cowboys will probably have a breakout year at safety for the Cowboys. He's looked good in camp so far and this is his third year, so now would be the time.

Steelers have a list of guys that could break out:
    Artie Burns - took over CB1 during the season, only starting half the games but putting up numbers close to rookie darling Ramsey

Sean Davis - really solid at SS all season but is more of a very combo safety being able to play in the box, drop in coverage, and cover TE's man to man.

Javon Hargraves - NT who's stout but can pass rush really well. He's going to start at NT but play plenty of downs as Tuitt/Haywards "backup"

Bud Dupree - after coming back last year it started to happen.

PROCESSING

Leonard Floyd if he can stay healthy

Yannick Ngakoue, Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey(im not sure if he qualifies)

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Offense

#InCaldwellWeTrust

Ronald Darby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

On the Giants I like Darian Thompson a lot. He's a 3rd round Safety last year who was hurt all season, but the kid can play. Eli Apple of course is another name to watch out for.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Sua Cravens

Eddie Vanderdoes DT-raiders

He's a rookie but he's been giving the raiders stellar o-line fits all training camp. Normally I wouldn't pick a rook for something like this but I got a really good feeling about this guy.

Jordan Hicks already broke out, but he might gain name recognition on a national level. He's the ideal LB for modern NFL football. His pass coverage is elite. 7 interceptions, 14 passes defended in 21 starts.

Derek Barnett in 23 snaps in his first preseason game, against 2nd-stringers, accumulated 4 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, and 2 quarterback hits. He'll probably start out the regular season as a backup, but I have high hopes for him.

Tim Jernigan might make some noise as he'll probably face 1-on-1s most of the time and didn't get to do much pass rushing in Baltimore.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 08-11-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Hicks is the kid

I'm going with a different guy for the Vikings. Some may already consider him to break out last year do he may be border line as in not many people know him.

Danielle (pronounced = Dan-Neal) Hunter. In 2 years as a backup he has 18.5 sacks with 12 coming last year. He will be getting full time snaps this year. I can't expect him to get many over 12 but he is very good against the run as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Danielle (pronounced = Dan-Neal) Hunter. In 2 years as a backup he has 18.5 sacks with 12 coming last year. He will be getting full time snaps this year. I can't expect him to get many over 12 but he is very good against the run as well.
    I drafted him in the 3rd round of the 2015 PSD mock draft.

My 1st and 2nd round picks aren't doing so hot though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast