Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rookie LB Raekwon McMillan Reportedly tears his ACL

Was confirmed by Andy Slater and some local reporter. Nothing from the beat writers yet but this would absolutely be awful to see for a young promising player. Have to wonder why the hell he was on ST's

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Apparently the guy who first reported it is a cameraman for CBS who is actually on the field. Seems like it's true.

As Barry Jackson pointed out on Twitter, the biggest issue with this isn't that McMillan got hurt, it's that the staff made a huge mistake and didn't add any depth because they expected Misi to be healthy. Could have signed Zach Brown and we wouldn't have had this problem.

Only FA that would be a good move is if Zach Orr really is healthy. Besides that we're probably sitting through a season with Hull at MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    As Barry Jackson pointed out on Twitter, the biggest issue with this isn't that McMillan got hurt, it's that the staff made a huge mistake and didn't add any depth because they expected Misi to be healthy. Could have signed Zach Brown and we wouldn't have had this problem.

Only FA that would be a good move is if Zach Orr really is healthy. Besides that we're probably sitting through a season with Hull at MLB.
    Or they slide Kiko back inside and move Neville Hewitt to weakside? Thats a far better option and more realistic than to think they are just going to plug Hull into the middle.

Bills seem to be in full trade mode. I know we're in their division but maybe we could trade for Reggie Ragland, he seems to be really on the outs with them and he could play the middle for us. Also we missed out on signing a much more reasonable player in David Harris, patriots got him for 2 years for peanuts. He would've been a solid veteran presence for us in the middle with Timmons while we developed rookies but again, didn't do it because of Misi... Perry Riley according to PFF had an amazing season last year with the Raiders on a very cheap contract but no one signed him. Probably because he was looking to get paid and before last year he had a looong track record of being very mediocre and no one gambled on him. Maybe he can sign a 1 year deal with us, see if he can play like he did last year, now that he realizes he could end up without a job. Rey Maualuga is also an option as a run plugger in the middle. Worst case we bring back Donald Butler to play outside and STs and let Hewitt play outside. DeAndre Levy was a stud but he's just been so banged up like Misi, hasn't played lately. No clue how he looks right now. Don't really know what other options are out there.
    BRUH

Honestly it hurts Raekwon is out, he was borderline my favorite LB in the draft and I was really looking forward to seeing him play...I think hes gonna be a stud. But...its not like we are left with a humongous hole. We spend most of our time in the Nickel, meaning Kiko and Timmons are gonna be on the field 60-70% as the only 2 LB's anyway. Then in base, we bring Hewitt in who I like alot and low key continues to get better.

As for depth, Hull can be sprinkled in like last year. Deon Lacey I think is worth investing more time into and would have no problem giving him ST plus a few defensive snaps a game to give guys breathers. We just need one or two more depth guys and we are fine. We dont need to go crazy trying to replace Raekwon. If theye bring in a vet, great...if not, we'll still be okay.

As he just pointed out we lost a 2 down LB, it is not the end of the world even though I think we all wanted to see him play. Injuries happen though and it sucks but next guy up.

Hopefully he heals up like Von Miller...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

It sucks because I was really excited to see him play this year, but it's not the end of the world. Gase even pointed out that he was probably only going to play 30% of snaps which is why he was on STeams. I think the drop off from him to Hull is a big one but it's not the end of the world. Plus with how young he is he'll still have plenty of time to develop. This gives him a full year to learn the system and get comfortable mentally.

tough luck kid

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion