Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2017 Training Camp and Preseason

Thread to discuss all 4 preseason games and training camp.

2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

Reports are Brent Grimes will miss all of the preseason as a precaution. He suffered a pretty nasty laceration after taking a spike to the shin, requiring stitches. He is supposed to be ready for Week 1 vs the Dolphins.

There are also reports that Jude Adjei-Barimah has a patellar fracture that will require surgery and he may miss most or all of the season. He was looking to be somewhere in the range of 3-5 on the depth chart. He's worked at nickel but more on the outside as a true backup.

They could role with what we have after Grimes and Hargreaves in Robert McClain, Javien Elliott and Ryan Smith. I could also see them looking at a guy like Tramaine Brock on a one year deal to bolster our depth.

What do you guys think?

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

So Hard Knocks started on Tuesday, first episode is up on NFL.com. what does everybody think and like/dislike?

Jameis is the obvious focal point for the show, including the trip to his hometown. Evans and Jackson have a prominent role. We get to see the emerging chemistry between a great young WR and a veteran playmaker. GMC continues to lead this defense by example. UDFA LB Riley Bullough "Joe Dirt" is getting a lot of attention after his unique singing and praise from Koetter.

My personal favorite was Doug Martin. He is normally quiet and professional when he speaks on camera. To see him moonwalking, throwing rookies off the srage and just clowning with his teammates showed a side of Doug I liked. It also showed his position with his teammates has not changed at all.

Ready For War

My Lavonte David PC

First Bucs game tonight guys. The game starts at 7:30 PM ET. The Bucs are on the road in Cincinnati at Paul Brown Stadium.

Jameis and the starters are expected to play about a quarter, though rookies like O.J. Howard could definitely see a little more.

We may see some guys play multiple positions like Caleb Benenoch and Leonard Wester playing both LT and RT as the coaching staff tries to figure out who will be active on gamedays as the swing tackle, my money is on Benenoch. The Safeties have been asked to play both SS and FS so that should be no surprise. Some CBs will work inside and out to see where they work best. I expect we will see Beckwith at both Strongside and Middle LB.

Keep an eye on Griffin v Fitzpatrick. Most thought Fitzpatrick was an upgrade. It appears Griffin is playing better than he ever has and Fitzpatrick is on the decline. All reports are Griffin has performed better by a significant margin.

I think the star tonight will be Chris Godwin, he will likely be running with 2nd/3rd team and embarrassing Cincinnati CB depth.

Great first drive, granted it didn't end with a TD but I feel the refs weren't calling much cause its preseason. Brate is definitely gonna be a fantasy sleeper this year. Winston to Evans hasn't missed a beat.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Great first drive, granted it didn't end with a TD but I feel the refs weren't calling much cause its preseason. Brate is definitely gonna be a fantasy sleeper this year. Winston to Evans hasn't missed a beat.
    Jameis looked great, 2 questionable no calls on fades and a bad drop by Adam Humphries were only incompletions.

I like the way Doug is running too

Defense didn't look great got drove down on but VH3 with the INT in the redzone, Kwon looks all over the place.

Yea Doug seems to have an extra bounce to him which is nice.

Both teams having some good and some stuff to work on. Looks like a classic Week 1 preseason game.

I hope we work on tackling in camp, it's pretty obvious we have been doing thud only.

Roberto Aguayo cut after going 1/2 on FGs and 0/1 on XPs last night.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    So Hard Knocks started on Tuesday, first episode is up on NFL.com. what does everybody think and like/dislike?

Jameis is the obvious focal point for the show, including the trip to his hometown. Evans and Jackson have a prominent role. We get to see the emerging chemistry between a great young WR and a veteran playmaker. GMC continues to lead this defense by example. UDFA LB Riley Bullough "Joe Dirt" is getting a lot of attention after his unique singing and praise from Koetter.

My personal favorite was Doug Martin. He is normally quiet and professional when he speaks on camera. To see him moonwalking, throwing rookies off the srage and just clowning with his teammates showed a side of Doug I liked. It also showed his position with his teammates has not changed at all.
    Had no idea Douggie had those kinda moves lol. I enjoyed that!

What does everyone hope to see tonight? My personal list is:

-I want to see our O-Line really keep up the good pace and its protection (starters)
    -Justin Evans take a step forward and up his level of game play
    -Hargreaves really show he can be a top defender in the league
    -A Desean Jackson Bomb (60+)
    -2 sacks from Spence

Too much to ask for?
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

No Ramsey, Bouye or Colvin at CB for Jags tonight, Jameis is going to go off.

Jameis perfect at the end of Q1. OL dominant vs Run and Pass. Doug looking great, the burst and vision is much better than Rodgers or any other RB we have.

Really hope Dotson isn't out for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Really hope Dotson isn't out for a long period of time.
    Same here, if he is I think Pamphile at RT and Smith at LG makes more sense than plugging Benenoch in to RT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast