0 0%
  • 1 win

0 0%
  • 0 wins

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Not enough value it seems to get any other team's top prospect it seems like your Will Smith was able to do for the Brewers so maybe I do have a slight clue which you can't seem to admit for some reason.

Well instead of getting a reliever that we didn't need at the time other than as insurance based on how he was used and not as a much needed closer to replace you know who. I would have been able to procure Miller from the Yanks, who wanted Panik but I would have countered with Belt and toss in a low A grade prospect to get the deal down. Belt should have a field day knocking dingers in their ballpark and Giants would have gotten the much needed closer at the time and got rid of that cancerous closer that was destroying this team from the clubhouse in which you can't understand by being a homer.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/08/0...eliever-smith/

The trade that didn't might have turn the whole season around right there with another even year championship. Now you will never know but attack those that don't seem to agree with you.

Good thing you're not the GM.

Who would've be our first baseman then?

Not every reliever is going to bring back a top prospect. Teams were interested in him. These are facts. He's still a quality reliever whether you want to be ignorant or not.
    Buster in the interim at the time of the trade as it would save his legs and extend his career. And then deal with it during the offseason. Since none of the other two trades would have happened, Susac would have been the catcher. Trevor Brown was not ready for the majors.

And I don't care if Smith was a quality reliever unless he can close but did the team even use him as a closer? He has some nasty stuff so you tell me why he wasn't closing as they continue blowing save after save in a struggling meltdown with the real problem still on the roster which I would have included in the trade in hope a change of scenery would help him. I think you already know I was willing to trade Belt last season to get a dominate closer with some control so not Chapman, still not easy to accept as Belt is also loved by fans and has the power but 1st base is an easy position to replace, if not his bat at the time. I wasn't going to trade Panik, that's for sure.
    Last edited by eDush; 08-16-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

which you can't understand by being a homer.
    You're free to post in here, but you need to stop calling posters in here homers. You're an opposing fan in here. You need not to name call or rile up posters. It stops now.
    Even though it's true? Ok fine even though I get called a homer all the time in the NBA forum.

Buster in the interim at the time of the trade as it would save his legs and extend his career. And then deal with it during the offseason. Since none of the other two trades would have happened, Susac would have been the catcher. Trevor Brown was not ready for the majors.

And I don't care if Smith was a quality reliever unless he can close but did the team even use him as a closer? He has some nasty stuff so you tell me why he wasn't closing as they continue blowing save after save in a struggling meltdown with the real problem still on the roster which I would have included in the trade in hope a change of scenery would help him. I think you already know I was willing to trade Belt last season to get a dominate closer with some control so not Chapman, still not easy to accept as Belt is also loved by fans and has the power but 1st base is an easy position to replace, if not his bat at the time. I wasn't going to trade Panik, that's for sure.
    I said Strickland was a quality reliever. All I said about Smith was that we did indeed need him, contrasting what you said.

You need to ask Bochy why Smith didn't close. I can't answer that for you. Go to AT&T Park. They'll be arriving on the team bus sometime tonight.

That would've been a terrible decision if it was made- trading Belt for a closer, moving Posey to first, and having Susac catch. That'd make us worse. While it improves the bullpen, it significantly downgrades our offense, defense, and pitching due to Posey's game calling.

If we can't score enough runs to have the lead in the ninth, what good is having Miller/Chapman? Our main problem would've switched to run scoring.

Even though it's true? Ok fine even though I get called a homer all the time in the NBA forum.
    But it's not true. Just because we disagree with you doesn't make us homers.

Not enough value it seems to get any other team's top prospect it seems like your Will Smith was able to do for the Brewers so maybe I do have a slight clue which you can't seem to admit for some reason.

Well instead of getting a reliever that we didn't need at the time other than as insurance based on how he was used and not as a much needed closer to replace you know who. I would have been able to procure Miller from the Yanks, who wanted Panik but I would have countered with Belt and toss in a low A grade prospect to get the deal down. Belt should have a field day knocking dingers in their ballpark and Giants would have gotten the much needed closer at the time and got rid of that cancerous closer that was destroying this team from the clubhouse in which you can't understand by being a homer.

The trade that didn't might have turn the whole season around right there with another even year championship. Now you will never know but attack those that don't seem to agree with you.
    Wow.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

we? Aren't you a Cubs fan?
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Don't feed the troll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post

we? Aren't you a Cubs fan?
    Oh I say that when discussing many teams by habit more than anything else which unfortunately has lead many to believe that I support or am a fan of those teams which really isn't true. I root for them but they are not my team so the 'we' is a habit i need to break like people saying 'you know' all the time. I'm just tired of defending that I'm not a fan of every team.

Anyways I'm sure you agree with me that trading Belt to get Andrew Miller would have been the right decision in hindsight and must toss in the guy who disrespected Bochy in front of everyone in the trade where hopefully a change of scenery would do him good as well. Even back then, it was the right thing to do

And OT, I really like the Kings roster for the upcoming season. Fox was a great pick and have him as one of two players most likely to win Roy. Fox and Buddy will be one of the most exciting backcourt duo since the Splash Bros imho but we shall see

Oh I say that when discussing many teams by habit more than anything else which unfortunately has lead many to believe that I support or am a fan of those teams which really isn't true. I root for them but they are not my team so the 'we' is a habit i need to break like people saying 'you know' all the time. I'm just tired of defending that I'm not a fan of every team.

Anyways I'm sure you agree with me that trading Belt to get Andrew Miller would have been the right decision in hindsight and must toss in the guy who disrespected Bochy in front of everyone in the trade where hopefully a change of scenery would do him good as well. Even back then, it was the right thing to do

And OT, I really like the Kings roster for the upcoming season. Fox was a great pick and have him as one of two players most likely to win Roy. Fox and Buddy will be one of the most exciting backcourt duo since the Splash Bros imho but we shall see
    I can say with confidence that nobody here would say trading Belt for Miller would've been a good decision.

How do you know the Yankees even wanted Belt?
    Kings

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

I can say with confidence that nobody here would say trading Belt for Miller would've been a good decision.
    That's why you won't end up trading any veteran until they become worthless and waive him or not resigned them like most of your other vets in the past. Well you and most fans think just like Evans when it comes to trading veterans in their prime which is cool.

I am able to make the bold moves when the vets are still valuable instead not depleting our farms hands for insurance players at the time, not immediate needs. It's not easy I know but someone has to do it while looking at our future as a team

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post

How do you know the Yankees even wanted Belt?
    Oh yes they will cause they had no one established at first last year or even this year and wanted primed power bats knocking dingers out of their park to be known as the Bronx bombers once again but they didn't ask for him knowing we would turn it down if not laugh at them and just hang up. Wouldn't they laugh if we offered Romo when he was at the top of his game for their current Judge? I'm sure we will be interested even though we didn't ask for him

Panik was a more likely possibility in their opinion since he doesn't have the power but also younger with more players at our disposal to play 2nd than at 1st last season but I would offer them Belt and Casilla for Miller and demand that they toss in a combination of AAA and AA grade prospects but I know Cashman is a shrewd negotiator and would try to take advantage of the situation but he should relent when I drop my demands for one of their top prospects plus two A grade players at our choosing instead. That's how you negotiate as a GM, not give them what they ask like they want your top prospect and you be like okay no problem. The most likely reason why we ended up with Smith is that no other team would offer their top farm hand for a reliever. Now you think about that for a second and try to put on a smile
    Last edited by eDush; 08-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.

That's why you won't end up trading any veteran until they become worthless and waive him or not resigned them like most of your other vets in the past. Well you and most fans think just like Evans when it comes to trading veterans in their prime which is cool.

I am able to make the bold moves when the vets are still valuable instead not depleting our farms hands for insurance players at the time, not immediate needs. It's not easy I know but someone has to do it while looking at our future as a team

That wasn't the argument but ok.

I suggest you move on and go back to your Cubs forum where you can mingle with your fellow Cubs fans because those are your people now. All you're being here is disruptive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345