Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre-Season Week 1: The Atlanta Falcons @ The Miami Dolphins

Hey guys, sorry for no legit thread this week. I've been a bit busy with work and completely forgot. We'll have it up and running starting next week!

But for now lets use this thread to discuss the first game. Here's 5 key things to look for in the game from Omar Kelly.

1. Will the first team offense make a case for Moore to stay as the starter? Most people believe that Matt Moore, who produced a 105.6 passer rating last season after starter Ryan Tannehill hurt his knee is simply keeping the seat warm for Jay Cutler, who was signed to a $10 million contract earlier this week. Will wide receivers Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills and DeVante Parker rally behind Moore, who is popular in the locker room, and put forth an inspired performance that will force coach Adam Gase to make the quarterback battle a legit competition?

2. Can Miami contain Atlanta's run game, which features Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman. The Dolphins had one of the poorest run defenses in the NFL last season, allowing 4.8 yards per carry in 2016. Miami traded for defensive end William Hayes, signed linebacker Lawrence Timmons (94) and drafted Ohio State linebacker Raekwon McMillan with the belief that their presence will improve the front seven. The first-team defense needs to have a respectable showing.

3. Will Miami's first team offensive line look respectable? Laremy Tunsil missed practice all week to handle a personal issue, so Sam Young might be forced to start at left tackle against the Falcons. Kraig Urbik (60) and Anthony Steen, the team’s top two backup interior linemen, will serve as the Dolphins’ starting center and left guard until Mike Pouncey (hip) and Ted Larsen (biceps) are cleared to play. These injuries will challenge this unit’s depth, and water down the second-team line.

4. Is Drake ready to show he can handle more? Kenyan Drake, the Dolphins’ 2016 third-round pick, has flashed playmaking ability going back to his rookie season. But he struggled to grasp the playbook, and coaches were forced to limit his role. With Jay Ajayi sidelined by a concussion, this is Drake’s best opportunity to prove he’s capable of handling more. Will Drake seize it, and convince Miami’s coaches he needs to have a bigger role in the offense?

5. Keep an eye on Miami's special teams unit. Matt Haack is pushing Matt Darr for the punter job, and that battle will be determined by who performs best in the preseason. Andrew Franks has been shaky during training camp, and needs to clean things up before another kicker is brought in before the regular season begins. And the Dolphins can’t afford to experience any botched kickoffs and punt returns from Jakeem Grant or any other returners.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Oh the Game thread never crossed my mind haha, good work at least putting this up. I like this better than the norm being no one has stars and we don't know the starters either everywhere.

No Cutty

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Anyone have a link to the game they can PM me?

Thanks
    Mike

AdamHBeasley
    Not dressing tonight: Cutler, Ford, Tannehill, Lewis, Ajayi, Allen, Hewitt, Pouncey, Larsen, Tunsil, James.

Our O-Line is already pretty questionable and now you throw in no Tunsil, Pouncey, Larsen, James... our starting unit except for Bushrod (who isn't good). So it's almost better Cutler and Ajayi aren't out there.
    I would really love a feel good O-Line story where Sam Young or Asiata really looks good or takes over a job. <wakes up from dream and wipes drool off mouth>
    BRUH

Football time

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Oh the Game thread never crossed my mind haha, good work at least putting this up. I like this better than the norm being no one has stars and we don't know the starters either everywhere.
    Yea I was just logging on to do my nightly browsing and was like "OH ****" lol. But Yea I'm thinking about doing something like this for the preseason maybe.

McMillian is down. Got hurt on the first punt.

Brings up the question, why the hell is your starting MLB playing ST's?

Great start... Timeout before our 1st play, go three and out and on the Punt McMillan gets hurt.

Gave up a long Punt return, got them into a 4th and one but they go for it and score a TD on a delayed HB pass to Freeman.

Hull is in for McMillan. Godcheax in at DT with the starters.

Freeman scores on a roll out. Kiko just couldn't keep up (my biggest concern with Kiko is his one on one coverage)

Williams is the starter at RB, Drake just now coming in.

McMillan is questionable to return with a Right Knee injury (implies that it's not too serious_). Walt Aikens is out with a back injury.

X Howard is getting picked on this drive. Gave up 2 catches and didn't touch the receiver and allowed him to get up for extra yards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast