Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liberty Ballers Expansion Draft

Liberty Ballers just posted an article about who they would keep and who they would leave open should the NBA have an expansion draft for Seattle or another city.

Personally i think the NBA is so devoid of talent that they should contract, not expand, but thats irrelevant cause itll never happen.... So lets pick our 8 guys who we keep.

1. Simmons
    2. Fultz
    3. Embiid
    4. Saric
    5. Covington
    6. TLC
    7. Redick (he would be very likely to be picked up due to the nature of his 1 year contract)
    8. Korkmaz

Open:
    1. Holmes (this was a tough one, because i think he would be very likely to get picked up, but i went with Korkmaz)
    2. Okafor (also likely to get picked up as he does have some clout left over, and hed be basically free.
    3. Amir Johnson (who cares?)
    4. Bayless (who cares?)
    5. TJ (id laugh my *** off if he got picked up)
    6. Anderson (who cares?)
    7. Sauce (also very likely to get picked up, but TLC is better and i think Korkmaz will be better)

i think most of our lists will be the same, so maybe this was a stupid thread, but there may be some debate between Holmes, Redick, & Korkmaz... maybe even Sauce, Okafor, and TLC?

I'm assuming the premise here is anyone we don't "keep" still comes back to us after the expansion draft if the expansion team doesn't take them. Correct?

Really tough for me picking between Redick, Stauskas, and Holmes for the last spot. Redick is the best of the 3. But down the road, it will be easier for the Sixers to keep Stauskas and Holmes long term for cheaper if they wanted to. I think Redick would definitely be drafted by the expansion team, while Stauskas and Holmes might or might not get drafted. So all things being equal, it's much riskier not keeping Redick of the three.

But I'm definitely protecting:

1) Embiid
    2) Simmons
    3) Fultz
    4) Saric
    5) Covington
    6) TLC
    7) Furkan

^That top 7 is solidified. And at 8 I'm picking between Redick, Stauskas, Holmes.

Okafor isn't even on my radar for this. I have way more incentive to keep anyone else I mentioned over Okafor. If the expansion team wants to draft him, go for it.

Simmons, Fultz, Embiid, Saric, RoCo are locks.

My next 3 are interesting:
    Reddick, Sauce, TJ

TJ is just a dirty work player every championship team has. Reddick because any team would take shooting. Why Sauce? He's turned into a very interesting combo-y wing player. A jack of all master of none is something an expansion team would love to have as a bench player.

PROCESSING

Uhm... are u really comfortable keeping TJ (and Sauce) over TLC and Furkan? That's insane to me.

Plus the odds of TJ getting picked up are so incredibly low even if u did want to keep him its a gamble worth taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/8/...ok-today-index

Here was the SB nation expansion draft of 2 teams. Only sixer who got taken was Amir Johnson. Which is insane to me that they didn't take Furkan.

Also pretty surprised they didn't take Okafor. I think an expansion team would be quick to take a flyer on him.

Last edited by BChydro86; 08-09-2017 at 05:27 PM.

It's insane that they didn't take Furkan? That's a little over-dramatic lol

Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    It's insane that they didn't take Furkan? That's a little over-dramatic lol
    Maybe.

I'm basing the "insanity" factor on them taking Hezonja who is just an absolutely terrible basketball player.

Furkan is a raw rookie player.

Based on the fact that teams were sniffing around TJ at the trade deadline tells me that he has value around the NBA so I'm not letting him walk away for nothing. TLC, I get it because I like him too, but he is a dime a dozen NBA player.

PROCESSING

That's an insane point of view. TLC may have a common skillset, but he's a very good young prospect, and TJ is a hustle guy, but he's mostly a bad player.

More importantly. TLC is good at defense and TJ is bad at defense. You'd want your "hustle guy" to be good at defense, right?

Furkan, plain and simple, has 5x the upside of a TJ McConnell, it's an easy choice between the two.

If TJ was a competent defender I may have a different opinion, but he's not, so I don't.

Last edited by BChydro86; 08-09-2017 at 08:31 PM.

It's really not insane. Especially since, even though I like TLC and Furkan, I would in no way lose any sleep if they go.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It's really not insane. Especially since, even though I like TLC and Furkan, I would in no way lose any sleep if they go.
    It's nuts dude....nuts

why do you have to go overboard all the time? how many games has Furkan played? he was barely a first round pick, teams arent gonna be jumping at the gun for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    why do you have to go overboard all the time? how many games has Furkan played? he was barely a first round pick, teams arent gonna be jumping at the gun for him.
    Which is why I didn't pick him. Look at the last two expansion drafts. Teams took older players from the start.

Expansion drafts are typically older players who have been around. Then they draft young and in FA sign younger cheaper need to prove it guys. No vet is going to an expansion team willingly.

PROCESSING

I'd still rather protect out good players over a bad player. It's not rocket science.

TLC is good or at least well above average
    Korkmaz has a lot of upside
    TJ is bad.

That's your opinion. Based on the facts that teams wanted TJ I chose to protect him because he has trade value. TLC is a dime a dozen player, Korkmaz is a complete unknown. I have no problems risking them being picked because you can replace them easily.

PROCESSING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast